Post-Game Talk: Canada vs. United States: Noon/Breakfast 21st Feb, 2014 - Right to Play for Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebel111*

Kessel will light up canada unless our stars step up.
Hot goalies excuse is lame now IMO

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
I don't think we'll get 'lit up' because our defense has been amazing and the only reason the team is winning any games, but I can see us losing by a goal or two for sure.

mikebel111*

I don't think we'll get 'lit up' because our defense has been amazing and the only reason the team is winning any games, but I can see us losing by a goal or two for sure.

Yeah probably should have said offensive stars

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
do you think the USA is confident enough and will play a more open style of game? that would be nice to see..i do think they can beat canada at either style, but i also think canada can win..50-50 on this one, i just dont trust the refs, and i dont want to see US on the PP 5 times

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

This .. Canada's d-core is so good, they can stifle some good competition .. And if Price (who I assume is starting) is on his 'A' game - USA will have a hard time scoring

Canada just needs to keep that offensive cycle and possession game going and keep generating those scoring chances

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
I think the USA will start off hot and if we escape the first period tied or only down one goal we might wake up and play some real hockey. If not I think we are going to be on the receiving end of an asskicking. Canada has played really flat other than an 8 minute stint in the 3rd vs Latvia. On the plus side our defense has been lights out. However I think we need some scoring from our scorers and not just our dmen. How on Earth was I nervous going into the third period against Latvia? Ozolins looked like a god out there today too, man handling guys like Getzlaf.

Nash and Perry need to keep up their net presence and the rest of the forwards need to shoot every chance they get and then crash the net hard.

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
USA has been the better team for sure.

Our forwards have to get going. Our D has been excellent though which is nice.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Canada will need a very mobile defense pairing to match up against Kessel and JVR - A d-man to keep up with Kessel and stay with him when he stops short in the offensive zone (Keith, Doughty?)

Then we need someone who can physically match battling with JVR around the net and along the boards .. Pronger, in his prime, would have been a great matchup here (Weber, Pietro?)

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
While USA appears to be the much better team right now, they won't 'park the bus' the way Latvia and Norway did; which will play to Canada's advantage.

I am predicting a Canada 'upset' victory.

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
I know I am supposed to be patriotic, but I invest WAY more emotion into the Leafs than I do into some random 2 week tournament. I'll be happy if Canada wins but will be cheering for Kessel and JVR to do well.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Scary game coming up, Canada's forwards can't score but are amazing defensively and USA is red hot in all regards. Should be interesting, go Canada! I wish JVR and Kessel could win gold but I hate USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad