GDT: Canada - Norway

Fjorden

Jan 17, 2021
Bergen, Norway
www.bergenishockey.no
I remember the win against Canada back in WC 2000. Had to wait 23 years to ever witness that again.
Proud of our team today :handclap:

I would also add Erlend Lesund (SHL) and Emillio Pettersen (AHL), considering our roster for this tournament, these two players would had an impact on our team.
+ Mathis Olimb. We would have had a much better PP with Mathis Olimb as 1C/2C.
We were missing the whole of our potentially best 1.st offensive line + two players in the 2nd best offensive line with all those missing. Patrcik Thoresen also

+Jonas Holøs who have been injured for a long time now, and probobaly never will play again.
Summarized.
Our 2 best backs Lesund and Holøs missing.
And 5 of our best forwards. (M.Olimb, Emilo Pettersen, Zuccarello, Rosseli Olsen, Patrick Thoresen)

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
I don't know. This does seem any worse/different than that hit Trouba laid on Meier in the playoffs. Fantilli got the IIHF treatment:

I: Incomprehensible
I: Inconsistent
F: Fraudulent
H: Hypocritical
I think the difference is that Meir’s head was between his chest and Trouba, where as here Fantilli caught him in the head with majority of the contact despite him having his neck bit extended. I don’t think it was with intent to hurt but Fantilli still has to learn when and how to hit without risking a major penalty.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Slovakia - Norway is going to be a close game. Last time the two met couple years ago at WC, Norway won. Slovakia to play for a chance to advance, Norway with no pressure.
Best part of tomorrow is seeing how it all plays out with Slovakia and Latvia.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
12:20 pm start time for Norway. What a short turnaround. Latvia is probably ticked off about that.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I would also add Erlend Lesund (SHL) who got injured before the tournament, and Emillio Pettersen (AHL) playing in Calder Cup playoffs. Considering our roster for this tournament, these two players would had an impact on our team.
True, that's pretty sizeable. How good would you say Lesund is?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad