Post-Game Talk: Canada-Norway (SPOILERS DUH!)

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I have a feeling Crosby won't do much these Olympics just like in 2010 (besides from the OT goal, he even ****ed up a breakaway before it got to that point). I expect Tavares to step up though, he'll be this years Toews.

Galchenioretty

Galchenyuk 1 G in last 18 playoff Gs
Oct 18, 2009
Canada
and I'm not sure why you're getting all pissy and personal anyways.

The fact that the best team in the universe has Jeff Carter and Chris Kunitz on its top line is....embarassing, really.

Last 2 years Kunitz,

PIT C.KUNITZ (34): 106gms, 49gls, 107pts (82gms, 38gls, 83pts)

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Last 2 years Kunitz,

PIT C.KUNITZ (34): 106gms, 49gls, 107pts (82gms, 38gls, 83pts)

Kunitz is a career 50pt player without crosby.

Remember when armstrong played with crosby, he was on pace for 70 points.

kunitz and carter are by far the worst players on the team.

Nash-Crosby-Tavares should be the top line

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin

I agree with that. Carter doesn't bring much than being a "goal scorer" and Knuitz is stuck to the side of Crosby. I feel like Carter and Kunitz aren't good enough skaters to hang with Crosby on this big ice. Still can't believe Giroux was left off this team...

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

:laugh: Remember when Nash was supposed to be that top line winger for Crosby heading into Vancouver in 2010??

How did that work out again?? Right! It didn't, the two didn't get anything going .. That forced the coaching staff to mix up the lines, putting Nash with Toews which created the best shutdown line in the tournament - hence why they're together for this year

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I think Subban, Luongo, and Duchene will all be upgrades next game.

St Louis, Vlasic, and Price. Wouldn't mind not seeing either the rest of the tournament.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I think Subban, Luongo, and Duchene will all be upgrades next game.

St Louis, Vlasic, and Price. Wouldn't mind not seeing either the rest of the tournament.

Hamhuis will most likely be sitting tomorrow, honestly have no idea how this dude made the team...Duchene would be perfect in this tourny IMO, his skating is amazing.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
Dont put the score in the title. As hard as it is, some people are trying to watch the game at night in the title.

Then should they not be avoiding a hockey forum? I can understand people avoiding the game, but we would never delay talking about a Leaf game for the minority who missed it. Just my 2 cents.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Then should they not be avoiding a hockey forum? I can understand people avoiding the game, but we would never delay talking about a Leaf game for the minority who missed it. Just my 2 cents.

This isnt the Olympic board, its the Leafs team board, and no Leafs players participated in the game. One could reasonably expect to not be spoiled coming here and browsing the index.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Hamhuis will most likely be sitting tomorrow, honestly have no idea how this dude made the team...Duchene would be perfect in this tourny IMO, his skating is amazing.

Preliminary games are like training camp for Canada. Biggest difference I saw from USA to Canada is the USA had their chemistry down quicker.

I would like to see some combos develop where after the Finland game we can say we have 3 solid lines like we had in Vancouver.

Duchene's skating is needed, I can actually see him being a key for us. Subban too. I think Luongo will be our goalie the rest of the way. Price had his game.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Duchene does need to be playing. I think once he gets in he'll stick but should be interesting to see who he replaces.

mikebel111*

If loungo won gold. Than shouldnt he be ahead? I honestly want loungo over price

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
If loungo won gold. Than shouldnt he be ahead? I honestly want loungo over price

They're kind of an interesting situation. Hockey Canada values experience on the resume which is what Luongo brings but at the same token, the Canucks have tied an anchor around his waist and thrown him into the ocean whereas Price has been a saving grace to his team. With the nature of the tournament, I can see why they would test out both goalies but it is quite problematic in a sense that neither will face competition of the same calibre as what you'd find against Russia, USA or Sweden. However, Finland should put up a good fight and if the goalie can really stand out in that game, he'll probably be the guy they ride with.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
This isnt the Olympic board, its the Leafs team board, and no Leafs players participated in the game. One could reasonably expect to not be spoiled coming here and browsing the index.

At the same time the majority of us are Canadian with a GDT of the Canada game up. I would assume most would know that the GDT is up and should know that it's best to avoid a hockey forum regardless if it's an Olympic one or not if you do not want to find out the score of a 'hockey' game.

Yosho

Logic
Mar 30, 2010
Kitchener, ON
This tournament will be the worlds awakening to Jamie Benn.

Much like Toews' eye-opening play at the 2010 Games, this is Benn's year.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
This tournament will be the worlds awakening to Jamie Benn.

Much like Toews' eye-opening play at the 2010 Games, this is Benn's year.

Yup - and nice allusions.

This tourny is too short to be loyal.

They weren't loyal in 2002 (Joseph was supposed to be 'the guy' and then Brodeur in 06 was supposed to be the guy (and was - but the entire team was brutal - and the issue was they couldn't score), and again in '10 and he wasn't and Luongo goes in).

It doesn't matter about who won you what - it's not a 7 game series. it's who can win you now. Heck, if Smith was the hot goalie, I would be happy with it.

[with that being said - they're probably going to go with Luongo].

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad