Post-Game Talk: Canada-Norway (SPOILERS DUH!)

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Crosby must be hard playing with, thus far in 2 Olympics he has not gelled with any linemate that will excentuate his talents, I thought it was supposed to be easy playing with Crosby. That is why Kunitz is on the team.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
If Kunitz and Carter were the first line wingers on my nhl team, I'd be searching high and low for an upgrade.

For my nhl team.

Kunitz has 27 goals and 55 points playing alongside Crosby on that first line for a certain NHL team that is in first place in the East

How much more production are you expecting for a first line winger??

The idea is to find wingers that can enable Crosby to be productive ... Alongside Kunitz, Sid has 28 goals and 78 points so far this season; between the two of them that's nearly a goal per game and over 2 points per game .. Why wouldn't you bring that type of chemistry to the Olympics??

Over the last two seasons, 89 regular season games, Carter has 46 goals and 70 points ... Yet he wouldn't be considered a top line winger??

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Maybe they should start picking more players based on their positions rather than taking like 9 centres? Who knows, we'll see what happens in the next 2 games.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
If Kunitz and Carter were the first line wingers on my nhl team, I'd be searching high and low for an upgrade.

For my nhl team.

First of all there isn't a "first line" on a team as stacked as Team Canada.

Second of all they have both been first line wingers on top teams. Have you ever actually been right about something?

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
Meanwhile, JVR and Kessel combine for 5 points in the USA's debut.

Yup, canadian fans are scared of our top line :)

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Sluggish 1st game.

Think Yzerman is regretting not taking Phanuef? They seem to lack some Leadership today.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Typical slow start for Canada. They got better as the game went on. Pretty much what I expected. So far so good.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Sluggish 1st game.

Think Yzerman is regretting not taking Phanuef? They seem to lack some Leadership today.

I have no clue why he isn't there and a guy like Hamhuis is.

The "speed on the big ice" argument is overblown. Dion has speed to him. Not a whole lot, but he wouldn't be danced around like some think

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
I think the defense is looking good. While I will credit Norway for really collapsing in front of their net all game, our forwards need to do a better job of getting shots through. If I'm going to take a guess, potential opponents in the Slovaks, Americans, Swedes, Russians, etc. don't play that collapsing style of game because they have the talent to be a bit more aggressive so I'm hoping that will open up the ice a bit more to get shots through for our forwards. As for goaltending, Price didn't have to do much but when I look at Sweden, America and Russia's goaltending, I can't say have much faith in either Price or Luongo to be just as good especially in a tournament where past the round robin you don't get do-overs. Here's to hoping that either goalie proves me wrong.

Steven1562

May 13, 2013
Wish we were in a tougher group like with the Americans ... at least give us a wake up call before we play in the elimination rounds were it's win or go home

KlaxicoBurress

Dec 6, 2011
Toronto, ON
are people really complaining about the score? in what was essentially a glorified scrimmage? haugen was lights out in net for norway, it really could've easily been a 6-1, 6-2 final. this game was never in doubt, neither will tomorrow's game despite whatever the final score will be, and by the quarterfinals this team will be firing on all cylinders.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
First of all there isn't a "first line" on a team as stacked as Team Canada.

Second of all they have both been first line wingers on top teams. Have you ever actually been right about something?

again, if Kunitz and Carter were the first line wingers for my nhl team, I'd be looking high and low for an upgrade.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I mean Kunitz is a top line winger on the best team in the East.... so.....

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
again, if Kunitz and Carter were the first line wingers for my nhl team, I'd be looking high and low for an upgrade.

Again, have you ever actually been right about something?

If you somehow managed to be the GM of an NHL team you would be fired as soon as you opened your mouth.

Your regurgitations of stats and paces can somehow prove that Reimer is an elite goalie and both Bozak and Kadri are first line quality centres. But two wingers who play on top lines on top teams would leave you looking for better. I would think you were trolling except I'm familiar with this routine you've been doing for so long that I know you actually believe the things you say. Unless they turn out completely wrong and then you enver mention them again.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
That seemed like a more difficult victory then it should have been considering the level of competition.

But it was a good warm up effort.

Fortunately it wasn't against a much stronger opponent or this might have been a loss.

Difficult? How was it difficult?

At what point did you ever think Norway was going to pull an upset?

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
are people really complaining about the score? in what was essentially a glorified scrimmage? haugen was lights out in net for norway, it really could've easily been a 6-1, 6-2 final. this game was never in doubt, neither will tomorrow's game despite whatever the final score will be, and by the quarterfinals this team will be firing on all cylinders.

A breath of fresh air.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Again, have you ever actually been right about something?

yes, my track record is excellent.

If you somehow managed to be the GM of an NHL team you would be fired as soon as you opened your mouth.

again, if Kunitz and Carter were the first line wingers on my nhl team, I'd be searching high and low for an upgrade.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
yes, my track record is excellent.

No, it's really not. Your "track record" consists of extrapolating Leafs stats at high water marks to show how amazing everybody is. It's embarrassing.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
No, it's really not. Your "track record" consists of extrapolating Leafs stats at high water marks to show how amazing everybody is. It's embarrassing.

again, my track record is excellent.

I have no idea what yours is, because I don't remember anything you've ever said.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
and I'm not sure why you're getting all pissy and personal anyways.

The fact that the best team in the universe has Jeff Carter and Chris Kunitz on its top line is....embarassing, really.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad