Post-Game Talk: Canada-Norway (SPOILERS DUH!)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Figured we could have a separate thread for the Men's hockey, because everything else will get buried.

(Mods can feel free to delete if they disagree)

Should be an easy win...

Last edited:

Jay99999*

Figured we could have a separate thread for the Men's hockey, because everything else will get buried.

(Mods can feel free to delete if they disagree)

Should be an easy win...

16-0.....Norway:laugh::laugh:

Kidding of course, but I will stay with the 16-0 score.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Watch us lose :laugh:

"Team Canada has lost both of their opening games against Norway and Austria.... ummmm what?"

Let's one up Torino shall we?

likeabosski

Jul 31, 2013
Team Canada have back-to-back games on both the 13th and 14th. That is brutal. Especially when playing on big international ice. Mike Babcock should use their #2 goalie vs. the weaker team in the back-to-back series to rest their #1. And Team Canada should rest their 4 best skaters vs. the weaker team and give less ice time to their better players in that game and more ice time to their weaker players and reserve players (Team Canada has 22 non-goalie skaters to choose from and I'm assuming that you can dress up to 18 just like in the NHL?)

In a tournament format where games are so closely clustered together, it would be a mistake to waste your best players on crappy teams and conserve their energy as much as possible for the better teams.

Mats Zuccarello is gonna light our **** up.
Other than NY Rangers winger Mats Zuccarello, do Norway have any other threats on their roster?

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
Team Canada have back-to-back games on both the 13th and 14th. That is brutal. Especially when playing on big international ice. Mike Babcock should use their #2 goalie vs. the weaker team in the back-to-back series to rest their #1. And Team Canada should rest their 4 best skaters vs. the weaker team and give less ice time to their better players in that game and more ice time to their weaker players and reserve players (Team Canada has 22 non-goalie skaters to choose from and I'm assuming that you can dress up to 18 just like in the NHL?)

In a tournament format where games are so closely clustered together, it would be a mistake to waste your best players on crappy teams and conserve their energy as much as possible for the better teams.

Other than NY Rangers winger Mats Zuccarello, do Norway have any other threats on their roster?

i'm guessing sondre olden might be some trouble. in the training camp where he played, he looked like he had better vision and overall skills than mcgregg, although that was seasons ago.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013

Thoresen, Bastiansen and Skrøder are players worth taking note of. Patrick Thoresen is probably the best all round player Norway has, situated in the KHL atm (could play in the NHL, chose the money since he's 30).

Our goalkeeper Haugen has a habit of entereing Godmode from time to time as well, but also prone to some bad mistakes.

Basicly this is a roster that has huge outsider potential, its not good enough to win the gold, but it is good enough to catch a unwary team offguard.

And it is anyones guess what Zuccarello might do on a larger rink.

yakfish

"Holy Mackinaw!"
Dec 21, 2012
Ohio
Canada should walk away with the first three game. I just hope they don't get too complacent and get caught off guard.

Dagh

Dec 10, 2007
Go team Russia!

Yes, I said it!

Yes, and we're happy for you, but they're not taking part in the Canada vs Norway game, surely?
Though if they are, then perhaps Norway has a chance anyway.

Comfortable win for Canada, but I doubt they'll get the shutout that was predicted higher up in the thread.

Igy

Mar 3, 2011
Uhhg, I have class all day. Same with the Friday game. ****.

RedRenegade

Sep 16, 2008
The men's hockey games start on Wednesday but Canada plays Thursday, Friday, Sunday, all of them at noon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad