WJC: Canada and their goal celebrations

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
the inherent significance of the world juniors to canada is obvious...we flock to foreign nations to massively outnumber host nation's fans, follow coverage of the tourney religiously throughout the holidays, and generally (at least i do) look forward to the tourney all year long. this is no different for these guys. they have been watching crosby, getzlaf, mike richards...eberle....rip this tournament up for years, only wishing that one day they can play in it. and you are ********* angry that they are cellying after scoring a goal? on the biggest stage of their career thus far? (i do not care if it is a 7-2 blowout, if you were watching attentively you'd notice the last 3 goals were celebrated without any exuberance at all). i registered on this board simply to call out people like you. you obviously never played hockey at a high level, and your reference to bobby orr harkens back to a time that no longer exists. get with the times. scoring a goal in the wjc for a canadian kid, especially in the 1st or 2nd game he ever plays (and will ever play) in the tourney, is massive. ********** give me a break complaining about their exuberance.

I took one look at your post and totally by-passed it.
Try using capital letters!

Toydarian

Jun 2, 2009
Tonight, when you're watching the game and Canada scores you must not cheer, you are only to golf clap and shake hands with your buddies.

kov

Jul 5, 2002
NYC
Winstunt, I'm afraid you're gonna have to throw back at least half of these Canadians you've hooked; You are well over your trolling limit. If the Conservation Officer shows up you're gonna have to pay a hefty fine here.

nitz

Jul 27, 2009
the inherent significance of the world juniors to canada is obvious...we flock to foreign nations to massively outnumber host nation's fans, follow coverage of the tourney religiously throughout the holidays, and generally (at least i do) look forward to the tourney all year long. this is no different for these guys. they have been watching crosby, getzlaf, mike richards...eberle....rip this tournament up for years, only wishing that one day they can play in it. and you are ********* angry that they are cellying after scoring a goal? on the biggest stage of their career thus far? (i do not care if it is a 7-2 blowout, if you were watching attentively you'd notice the last 3 goals were celebrated without any exuberance at all). i registered on this board simply to call out people like you. you obviously never played hockey at a high level, and your reference to bobby orr harkens back to a time that no longer exists. get with the times. scoring a goal in the wjc for a canadian kid, especially in the 1st or 2nd game he ever plays (and will ever play) in the tourney, is massive. ********** give me a break complaining about their exuberance.

Paragraphs and proper grammar are your friend!! This post is totally unreadable.

Bobo Fett*

Whatever happened to just having fun>? Jesus Christ. They do it and they called classless.

Some fans will cry about anything.

Chraa

May 9, 2009
Stockholm
IMO, not celebrating after scoring a goal is more disrespectful (not talking about EN ofc).
I mean if you don't celebrate and act like its nothing it kind of seems like you're acting as if you could score whenever and however you wanted.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Can you imagine how fired up you would be to score a goal in the WJC tournament wearing your countries jersey? Cmon.

13 others

Apr 18, 2007
People like you probably want to turn this into college football with penalties for celebrations. That really dulls the sport down and kills a lot of energy and passion for the game.

If you want a classy sport go watch golf or polo

BobDobolina

Jan 11, 2010
NYC
Whatever happened to just having fun>? Jesus Christ. They do it and they called classless.

Some fans will cry about anything.

Well to be fair in this thread you have one guy complaining and about 130 people saying they don't have a problem so I guess some people are as much eager to complain about complaining.

dmacgreg37

Dec 11, 2007
British Columbia
Ok im from canada first and foremost. But i just cant help but every year i see this and it URKS me to the core. Canada scored their final goal last night and they already had the game in the bag and they're cheering around like they just won the stanley cup.

whats with the young kids these days not showing respect and just tapping gloves after a goal? act like you scored a goal before.

:shakehead

its the same thing as when kovalchuk was cheering before he put the puck in the empty net....everyone here was mad about it then but its ok when canadians are going crazy after a goal?[/QUOTE]

Except for the MAJOR difference that they are celebrating AFTER a goal. It was considered hotdogging by Kovalchuk because he did it BEFORE he put the puck in an empty net. Read your own post, you'll figure out the difference.

Thepainter

Feb 9, 2010
Bay Area, California
This is almost as big a problem as kids on the internet spelling worlds with 'z' instead of 's' in words like "becuz".

Seriously, show some respect for those of us with. at minimum, a high school diploma.

NativeHockey77*

Celebrating like you won the Stanley Cup for scoring a goal against a team you know you'll beat by blow out is low class

These guys are not children, they are men regardless of them being 18 or 19. When I was 18 and 19 I was expected to act with maturity and professionalism...so should they

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Ok im from canada first and foremost. But i just cant help but every year i see this and it URKS me to the core. Canada scored their final goal last night and they already had the game in the bag and they're cheering around like they just won the stanley cup.

whats with the young kids these days not showing respect and just tapping gloves after a goal? act like you scored a goal before.

:shakehead

its the same thing as when kovalchuk was cheering before he put the puck in the empty net....everyone here was mad about it then but its ok when canadians are going crazy after a goal?

whats wrng with having a personality, being a little bit cocky? these kids aren't robots showing emtion is a good thing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad