WJC: Canada and their goal celebrations

NativeHockey77*

Ok im from canada first and foremost. But i just cant help but every year i see this and it URKS me to the core. Canada scored their final goal last night and they already had the game in the bag and they're cheering around like they just won the stanley cup.

whats with the young kids these days not showing respect and just tapping gloves after a goal? act like you scored a goal before.

:shakehead

its the same thing as when kovalchuk was cheering before he put the puck in the empty net....everyone here was mad about it then but its ok when canadians are going crazy after a goal?

Last edited by a moderator:

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Ok im from canada first and foremost. But i just cant help but every year i see this and it URKS me to the core. Canada scored their final goal last night and they already had the game in the bag and they're cheering around like they just won the stanley cup.

whats with the young kids these days not showing respect and just tapping gloves after a goal? act like you scored a goal before.

Given how Offensively Challenged a lot of the Posters say this team is, maybe they HAVEN'T done it before.

:)

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Give them a break, they're 18, and 19 year old kids, they're excited to score a goal. A lot of these players will score only 1 or 2 goals this tournament, some of them won't get any, they're just happy to get one early, takes a bit of pressure off. It's not like it was 12-0 against a weaker team and the player who scored 3 goals already. Give 'em a break

HemskyToHall*

Disrespectful, they should be banned from hockey.

Imagine how these rookies will be once they're in the NHL. :shakehead

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

PS...

I was at the games... the kids on every team celebrated like the were OV.

Plus, given the size of the Canadian crowd and their enthusiasm, think a lot of us would have been disappointed if the did not celebrate in a big way.

NativeHockey77*

Give them a break, they're 18, and 19 year old kids, they're excited to score a goal. A lot of these players will score only 1 or 2 goals this tournament, some of them won't get any, they're just happy to get one early, takes a bit of pressure off. It's not like it was 12-0 against a weaker team and the player who scored 3 goals already. Give 'em a break

so just becuz your 18,19 you cant show respect for your fellow man? rememeber they are human beings too. Show some class and represent what that maple leaf is ......

Look at guys like bobby orr who 99.9% of the time didnt even raise his hand after a goal. pure class

ronnyweed

Aug 7, 2008
Ontario
so just becuz your 18,19 you cant show respect for your fellow man? rememeber they are human beings too. Show some class and represent what that maple leaf is ......

Look at guys like bobby orr who 99.9% of the time didnt even raise his hand after a goal. pure class

Not sure why you single out canada, watch every goal by every team, they all celebrate

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Disrespectful, they should be banned from hockey.

Imagine how these rookies will be once they're in the NHL. :shakehead

Seriously???

These kids have given up their Christmas to represent their country - more then can be said for any of us. I say let them stand on their heads if they want. Let them enjoy the moment.

You are only young once... life has a habit of taking the fun out of life as you get older.... let them enjoy it while they can.

NativeHockey77*

Not sure why you single out canada, watch every goal by every team, they all celebrate

well its for every team. i just watched canadas game only and noticed they were doing that like they've been doing every year.

canada is all class ...... act better.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
well its for every team. i just watched canadas game only and noticed they were doing that like they've been doing every year.

canada is all class ...... act better.

The problem with this time of the year and everyone getting together is that Whineritis becomes an epidemic!
But I'm sure your strain of it isn't.

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008

Russia did the same thing as did the states and finland bottom line its not a big deal.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

once one of these kinds become as good as Bobby Orr, and play for that long come back and tell me they're celebrating every goal like they won the Stanley Cup. Orr probably celebrated a goal he scored when he was 18 or 19 too. These kids give up their Christmas to represent Canada at this tournament, they want to contribute to the team, they want to score a goal, they get one and they celebrate it, nothing wrong with that at all when it's only 6-3 and it's their first goal. Come back and complain when Somone gets thier 4th goal against Norway in a 13-0 rout in the final minutes and celebrates, then you have a beef

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

once one of these kinds become as good as Bobby Orr, and play for that long come back and tell me they're celebrating every goal like they won the Stanley Cup. Orr probably celebrated a goal he scored when he was 18 or 19 too. These kids give up their Christmas to represent Canada at this tournament, they want to contribute to the team, they want to score a goal, they get one and they celebrate it, nothing wrong with that at all when it's only 6-3 and it's their first goal. Come back and complain when Somone gets thier 4th goal against Norway in a 13-0 rout in the final minutes and celebrates, then you have a beef

Well said.

NativeHockey77*

Russia did the same thing as did the states and finland bottom line its not a big deal.

like i said i never watched that game i watched the canada/russia and notice canada always does that.

so just becuz one team does it we are OBLIGATED into doing it too?

HemskyToHall*

Seriously???

These kids have given up their Christmas to represent their country - more then can be said for any of us. I say let them stand on their heads if they want. Let them enjoy the moment.

You are only young once... life has a habit of taking the fun out of life as you get older.... let them enjoy it while they can.

How do you think the opposition felt?

BlackAces*

Canada has been celebrating like that well before Ovechkin came around. If you ask me, it was borrowed in reverse.

BobDobolina

Jan 11, 2010
NYC
I don't mind it but can't say I haven't taken a notice. As long as they don't celebrate the 10-0 goals like the Canadian womens team I don't really care.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
How do you think the opposition felt?

If they don't want to feel like crap after getting scored on then that will just give them motivation to work harder not to get scored on, simple as that, they would have done the same thing as the Canadians did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad