WJC: Canada and their goal celebrations

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
I SAY :

When you score ... you show disrespect to the opposing team !!!
Cmon !!!

let's score and let's enjoy ! and stop being too sensitive ! life is too short for that !
and if you can't celebrate for inhibition ... then don't make others life as sad as yours in the name of respect.

Dwight

The French Tickler
Jul 8, 2006
West Island
Don't have a problem with it as long as nobody gets hypocritical.

Some of my friends were complaining about how the other teams celebrated big time when they scored, but had no problems with Canada's celebrations.

Just hold every team to the same standards, and its all good for me.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Part of the reason that I love this tournament is the youthful enthusiasm that these kids display. Its infectious. Its not just the canadians, its everyone.

These are the biggest moments of their life thus far. For some, it will be the apex of their careers.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
When it comes to hockey, Canada will be attacked no matter what they do. They score too often, they don't score enough, they act like they are not having fun, they act like they are enjoying it too much...

Blah blah blah.

They are a bunch of kids having the time of their lives. Some of you guys wish you had the opportunity to over-celebrate a goal in a meaningless game instead of getting excited when Pizza Hut finds a new way to inject cheese into its crust.

Delta Cubes

Jan 2, 2010
Celebrating like you won the Stanley Cup for scoring a goal against a team you know you'll beat by blow out is low class

These guys are not children, they are men regardless of them being 18 or 19. When I was 18 and 19 I was expected to act with maturity and professionalism...so should they

Um... I didn't see any Canadian player skate all the way down the ice while the whole team skated off the bench to celebrate with him ala a Stanley Cup winning goal. They showed professionalism against Norway yesterday when they absolutely destroyed them.

Half the reason the WJC's are so exciting is because of the exuberance shown by the players. It's a 2 week tournament where 16-20 year olds get to represent their counties and you want them to tone it down?

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
I missed the first period of yesterdays game against the Norwegians. Every goal after that though (including Schenns record tying forth) was celebrated with restraint..

I don't blame any of them for celebrating a goal against our rivals the Russians or the Czechs.

Quakmybush

Mar 12, 2009
Niagara Falls
let them celly howwever the **** they want, i played house league hockey for 14 years, you never know when youre going to score another goal, regardless of level, and its the greatest feeling in hockey, i celebrated like an idiot, and i dont care, i never went too crazy, its hockey, its fun, theyre kids, let them have fun.

dookers9

Mar 30, 2008
Edmonton
Ok im from canada first and foremost. But i just cant help but every year i see this and it URKS me to the core. Canada scored their final goal last night and they already had the game in the bag and they're cheering around like they just won the stanley cup.

whats with the young kids these days not showing respect and just tapping gloves after a goal? act like you scored a goal before.

:shakehead

its the same thing as when kovalchuk was cheering before he put the puck in the empty net....everyone here was mad about it then but its ok when canadians are going crazy after a goal?

Wow. You for real?

Yeah... I'm sensing that you are. Wow. Here's an emoticon right back at ya: :shakehead

And by the way, I know it seems all Grammar Police-like, but what IRKS me is a poster that claims that something URKS them. That's all 'n good if you're a resident of a country formerly a member of the USSR.

jekoh

Jun 8, 2004
I SAY :

When you score ... you show disrespect to the opposing team !!!
Cmon !!!

let's score and let's enjoy !
How exactly is celebrating showing disrespect for the opposing team? :shakehead

If anything, not celebrating is showing disrespect.

It Was 4 to 1*

Mar 22, 2009
when canadians do it it's because of their love of the game

when ovechkin does it it's because he's showboating

NativeHockey77*

True, when Ovechkin showboats its cuz he is a jerk and is a showboater but when Canada does it, its cuz their passion!

NativeHockey77*

i was cheering for sweden this game. was glad they won. now canada probbaly wishes they didnt over celebrate beating EASY teams

Fabs

Dec 19, 2005
i was cheering for sweden this game. was glad they won. now canada probbaly wishes they didnt over celebrate beating EASY teams

Maybe you should move to Sweden. I'm sure they'd appreciate your patriotism.

NativeHockey77*

they must have read my thread since they toned things down this game against the swiss

all you canada fan boys who think its ok to celebrate like that what u think about when ovie was cheering before the game was over at the winter classic? what you guys think about that huh?

tell me! :sarcasm:

dmacgreg37

Dec 11, 2007
British Columbia
they must have read my thread since they toned things down this game against the swiss

all you canada fan boys who think its ok to celebrate like that what u think about when ovie was cheering before the game was over at the winter classic? what you guys think about that huh?

You really, honestly do not get the difference between celebrating AFTER a goal is scored (Team Canada and everyone else who scores a goal) and celebrating DURING THE GAME (Kovalchuk ENG/Ovechkin last night)??? Honestly?

Makes sense that you'd be cheering against your own country with logic like that:handclap:

Oil Nation

Oct 3, 2007

You have everyone going in a classical troll thread, don't let up now. :naughty:

jekoh

Jun 8, 2004
You really, honestly do not get the difference between celebrating AFTER a goal is scored (Team Canada and everyone else who scores a goal) and celebrating DURING THE GAME (Kovalchuk ENG/Ovechkin last night)??? Honestly?
Both are fine, there was really nothing wrong with Kovlchuk's ENG.

NativeHockey77*

Did you happen to catch Russia's goal celebrations in their game against Finland tonight?

You should start a thread about those.

i could care less what another country does. i care about MY COUNTRY and how WE CONDUCT OURSELVES ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad