WJC: Canada and their goal celebrations

bshaw

Jul 4, 2010
Hamilton
THE stupidest post ever buddy!! it was 6-3 when they scored and your upset that they showed some excitement? plus it is most of these kids first time representing their countries on this big of stage obviously they are gunna be excited because everybody in this country is watching

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
I dunno bout you, but when I play some hockey, I celebrate every goal like it's my last.

Why not embrace the moment.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Yes, the goal celebrations are a bit over-the-top.

But the best thing about this tournament is the unbridled enthusiasm and energy that 18/19-year olds bring to it. Stifle that and it's not nearly as enjoyable, for the players and the fans.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
A 19 year old kid scores a goal in front of the biggest and largest crowd he's ever played in front of and he celebrates it. Shocking isn't it.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Maybe the Canadians should have given the Russians a courtesy goal too, so they only lost by 1 goal. Amirite?

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
young players all around the world celebrate goals

just something the younger generation does

o well

everyone does it

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
like i said i never watched that game i watched the canada/russia and notice canada always does that.

so just becuz one team does it we are OBLIGATED into doing it too?

:shakehead

I'd be excited as **** to score in front of thousands of fans while representing your country. Don't tell me you'd score a goal for your country and be stone-faced and knock gloves. That's B.S. Let the kids have fun.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
but if the russians beat us 20-0 and at the 20th goal they were all going wild and putting their sticks between their legs you would be getting mad i tell u wut.

your just a hypocite. wait till it happens to canada. i hope it happens to us to teach them kids a lesson.

don cherry talks about that kind of stuff too. everyone on here was crying around when kovalchuk was celebrating before he put the puck in the net at the world juniors ...... what happen to that?

you were probably mad about that then....so dont try to come in here saying its ok when its not :shakehead
:help:

Did the Canadians ride their sticks or do anything over the top? No

What they did was fine and I would expect every team to do the same if they were the same situation. 6-3 is not a blowout by any stretch.

If the Russians were celebrating over the top in a romp, hells ya I'd be pissed off, I'd be pissed off that the Canadians were allowing the Russians to do such things. Would them doing this be ridiculous and stupid, yes, but would I ***** and complain about it, no. I'd be on the Canadian team for letting the Russians do it to them.

The pansification of society is getting ridiculous. There are winners and there are losers. If you can't handle the pitfalls of losing, which include watching the other team score goals, then you need to grow some thicker skin and grow up.

Kenobody

Aug 17, 2007
43.88°N 79.3°W
whats with the young kids these days not showing respect and just tapping gloves after a goal? act like you scored a goal before.
That's still a little excessive imo. They should respectfully fish the puck from the net, hand it to ref and set up for the face-off at center ice. They shouldn't even look at each other, because acknowledging your teammates after a goal is disrespectful to your opponents.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
I dont think Canada's big goal celebrations are disrespectful or anything. But it does bother me. Its one thing to celebrate a late-game tying goal or a really nice goal like that but the greasy goals they were getting yesterday werent worth it lol especially Johansens.

Although, big goal celebrations like that can get a team going/into the game or "intimidate" the other team. So while it does bother me, I dont really care about it.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
They are kids who should be at home with the family and (girl) friends over Christmas. They are not. The are giving that up to represent their country and entertain us.

We should not be criticizing these kids. :(
I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or not, but they aren't giving up anything. They are playing the tournament to advance THEIR careers, and this is the only thing that keeps them going. Stop portraying them as some kind of heroes for playing after Christmas (oh, my, not Christmas!).

outKast*

Look at guys like bobby orr who 99.9% of the time didnt even raise his hand after a goal. pure class

Oh yeah... Bobby never even fist-pumped or raise his hand.

nhl_g_orr_300.jpg

pro_302_2.jpg

bobby-orr-jersey-4-throwback-ccm-50th-bruins-jerseys.jpg

looking at him smiling.... looking all smug like he won something. classless. winner never show emotion.

This thread is ridiculous.

Davebo*

If anything the russian goal celebrations were way over the top - but I don't care. It's a big deal for them when it's against Canada.

But to complain about Canada celebrating goals in a tight game - give your head a shake, OP... :shakehead

Davebo*

I wouldn't be surprised if the OP's IP resolved back to a non Canadian address...

10 posts

PK Subban avatar

Babbling incoherently about 'respect'.

:rolleyes:

Stop feeding the troll, people. We've all been sucked in...

MajorityRules*

so just becuz your 18,19 you cant show respect for your fellow man? rememeber they are human beings too. Show some class and represent what that maple leaf is ......

Look at guys like bobby orr who 99.9% of the time didnt even raise his hand after a goal. pure class

This coming from a guy with Subban in his avatar. Yeah, he's the model of respect as a rookie.:sarcasm:

Klaus

Teemu!
May 8, 2010
Winnipeg, MB
OP has a PK Subban pic and he's talking about respect, just saying...

Canadian players show no respect. Hopefully a coach on their team addresses it, because I’m not saying the Czechs are going to do it, but something might happen to them if they continue to be that cocky.

mike richards reference

Last edited:

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008
Canadian players show no respect. Hopefully a coach on their team addresses it, because I’m not saying the Czechs are going to do it, but something might happen to them if they continue to be that cocky.

There not beeing cocky if you think they they are then every team is beeing cocky.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Ok im from canada first and foremost. But i just cant help but every year i see this and it URKS me to the core. Canada scored their final goal last night and they already had the game in the bag and they're cheering around like they just won the stanley cup.

whats with the young kids these days not showing respect and just tapping gloves after a goal? act like you scored a goal before.

:shakehead

its the same thing as when kovalchuk was cheering before he put the puck in the empty net....everyone here was mad about it then but its ok when canadians are going crazy after a goal?

This is an international tournament broadcast around parts of the world. When you're representing your country as 17, 18, 19 year old on this big of a stage and knowing the reputation Canada has at these tournaments and the pressure at these tournaments, of course they're going to act like that. I actually love it, shows how passionate they are about the game.

oilers4life5

Nov 6, 2007
City of Champions
seriously ima love it when canada gets spanked and theyre doing the same thing. all canadians will be mad after that. mark my words.

you got the game won, you got the goal why go crazy? what happened to people showing class these days :shakehead

look at your avatar and then talk to me about class!

KevinBXA

Professional Caveman
Nov 4, 2010
The Roxy
FUN BAD! FUN BAD!

celebrations like these should be removed from the game!

i also don't like puppies, kittens or sunlight

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008
Some are acting like canada is going over the top and every other team is doing nothing wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->