Can you imagine how Matt Duchene feels right now?

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Meh.

He’s still getting paid, and if it’s that bad for him, he can walk as a UFA to a team way better than Ottawa (or Colorado, for that matter).

He was a bright spot in Ottawa this season. When he got familiar with the team, system and teammates, he played better hockey than he has in probably years.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
The guy you have to feel for in Ottawa is Thomas Chabot.

Duchene, Stone, Karlsson can leave by the end of next season.

I feel for any player in Ottawa right now, the sens a year ago are a totally different situation. Look at the past 9 months really
-
- Owner calls out fans and threatens relocation
- Declare a rebuild, 1 year removed from being one game away from a cup final, after trading 2 of your best young assets in bowers and your first
- Barely miss trading the face of the franchise
- the last 2 weeks of PR nightmares

Forget about Duchene I would be shocked to find a single player in that locker room who wouldn’t rathe be anywhere else

Not to mention the fans having to watch this all go down and still defend the team

As an oilers fan we faced over a decade of crap now, but I don’t think anything like Ottawa is going through right now

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Anyone think there's any chance he is still with the Sens after the trade deadline? No chance.

kuzy92

Mar 5, 2017
I think he's a good player but damn what a turn of events since he was acquired and changed teams.

Ottawa is going to rebuild while Colorado appears to be on the upswing. Looks like COL is gonna get a really high pick from that trade they're still owed as well.

Wonder how much if any of MacKinnons success is due to his vacancy. Wonder what the future holds for him.

Could be worse.. I think Karl Alzner, Marcus Johannsen and Nate Schmidt probably aren't too happy right now..

NeverBeNormal

Mar 27, 2007
Not to mention they got an absolute steal in Shane bowers, 2 months older than Tkachuk who some consider a top 4-5 pick this year, both in their rookie years with Boston, bowers 17g to tkachuks 8g (same points, but the high G is encouraging for people calling him a safe pic with low offensive ceiling)

Not an Avs fan, but they did so well on that trade. I like their chances at becoming a top 5 year in year out once their core grows together a bit

Don't forget the Avs got Sleepy Sammy Girard in the deal too. Sakic really hit that one out of the park. The ROR trade's starting to look better as Zadorov improves. I'll be honest, I hated that trade and I thought for sure that the longer he waited on trading Duchene the worse the return would be. Glad Joe proved me wrong.

acor

Jan 13, 2012
I don't know what is dumber- premise of this thread (Colorado soo good, Ottawa soo bad- I'd like to remind that last year Ottawa was one shot away from SC final, and Colorado was historically bad), or utter riddiculous comments that we can't feel sorry for someone who has money (rich people don't have a feelings???)...
I don't think he feels great right now, but I guess Taylor Hall didn't feel very well last year... Next year things may change...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad