Can you imagine how Matt Duchene feels right now?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I think he's a good player but damn what a turn of events since he was acquired and changed teams.

Ottawa is going to rebuild while Colorado appears to be on the upswing. Looks like COL is gonna get a really high pick from that trade they're still owed as well.

Wonder how much if any of MacKinnons success is due to his vacancy. Wonder what the future holds for him.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
lets go live to matt duchene right now

35u4ut.jpg

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Did I miss him signing an extension or something...?

If he asks for 8X8 can Ottawa really afford not to do it. He can probably ask for more honestly. Karlsson and Hoffman are gone, Stone is a year from UFA status. They are in a really tough spot, if Duchene wants to make bank he can really force their hand in my opinion.

I know he wants to win, but those making the cash comments it is going to be hard to not leverage the Sens if you're in Duchene's shoes. He enters negotiations with a significant hammer in my opinion.

RobbieJMosher

Jul 8, 2012
I think he's a good player but damn what a turn of events since he was acquired and changed teams.

Ottawa is going to rebuild while Colorado appears to be on the upswing. Looks like COL is gonna get a really high pick from that trade they're still owed as well.

Wonder how much if any of MacKinnons success is due to his vacancy. Wonder what the future holds for him.

Not to mention they got an absolute steal in Shane bowers, 2 months older than Tkachuk who some consider a top 4-5 pick this year, both in their rookie years with Boston, bowers 17g to tkachuks 8g (same points, but the high G is encouraging for people calling him a safe pic with low offensive ceiling)

Not an Avs fan, but they did so well on that trade. I like their chances at becoming a top 5 year in year out once their core grows together a bit

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
As an Avs fan, I really don't feel bad for the guy. He forced his way out of Colorado, none of his team mates wanted him here because they knew he didn't want to be here. Honestly I feel like he was the thing holding us back by making it awkward for everyone. Then kind of threw the Avs organization under the bus by stating he just wants to play playoff hockey immediately after he was traded.

Once he was gone everyone took a big sigh of relief and we just played hockey and our guys looked like they truly enjoyed it.

It sucks that everything appears to be heading south in Ottawa that's not his fault. But that's what happens sometimes when you think the grass is greener elsewhere. It's not always the case.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
confirmed that when Duchene leaves the following will happen:

Chabot norris contender
Batherson turns into Giroux
Stone first winger this decade to win selke
Bobby Ryan gets high school diploma
New Sens owner - Celine Dion
sweeps Leafs in the 1st rd

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
As an Avs fan, I really don't feel bad for the guy. He forced his way out of Colorado, none of his team mates wanted him here because they knew he didn't want to be here. Honestly I feel like he was the thing holding us back by making it awkward for everyone. Then kind of threw the Avs organization under the bus by stating he just wants to play playoff hockey immediately after he was traded.

Once he was gone everyone took a big sigh of relief and we just played hockey and our guys looked like they truly enjoyed it.

It sucks that everything appears to be heading south in Ottawa that's not his fault. But that's what happens sometimes when you think the grass is greener elsewhere. It's not always the case.

He actually wanted out after the avs wanted him gone and by avs I mean Roy. By the looks of it. Mind you no I don't feel that bad for him. In 12 months he can go and choose his desired destination. Maybe Pittsburgh after they dump Kessel? He'll be fine regardless.

I do feel bad for Karlsson and sens fans though. Not much else.

Who cares... he wanted this.

He wanted out like most wanted him gone.

Mr Zappalanche

Oct 7, 2015
Zagreb, Croatia
I feel for Duchene. He was playing really good for Ottawa, at some point he was the best player on the team . I think he really committed to that team and to do something with them but unfortunatly Ottawa had other plans. I hope Dorion trades him to some decent place. And I dont think Duchene leaving had a positive impact on Avs. They started season good with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad