Can We Get New Sportsnet Commentators?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Don't even need the recordings. I'd take a current day, senile Bob Cole over a lucid Paul Romanuk any day. They both make about the same mistakes, but at least Cole has an entertaining voice and has the excuse of being in his mid-80s.

At least Cole knew to stay quiet or pause when he wasn't sure what to say. He didn't say feel the need to use completely stupid and nonsensical phrases like "what a luminescent night" and weird shit about various animals, "Eyes blazing like a panther".

You can say commentary doesn't matter, but there's no reason for it to be so stupid and awful.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
I like Romanuk. He seemed like a nice guy. And I certainly hate to be happy at someone else's misfortune. But we all knew the Leafs deserved a better play-by-play man.

Please bring back Bowen!!

Reactions: TMLeafer

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I wouldn't celebrate until you know the replacement.

It will be either somebody I think is better, or somebody I've never heard of. Those are the only options., because he's the worst I've ever heard.

Well, except John Abbott when he first started with the Marlies. Yikes that was bad.

wmark

Apr 5, 2014
Well, this was random.

Oh wait, it's Steven Simmons as the source, we should take it as a grain of salt

Last edited:

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Should get Todd Crocker in there. He's so small town but at least he has enthusiasm and seems to know what's going on (when he's not too excited :laugh:).

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
cringe worthy is the way he casually mentioned a hit on kasperi kapanen looking like a hit on his dad. then followed up by what a great hit (on his dad). It was a career ending hit or something and dirty in the replay.
At least he knows Kapanen’s father is alive...

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
God, bring in someone good.

Best case would be Joe Bowen for our regional games, but just bring in someone good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad