Can the Leafs win the Atlantic (10-1-1 in last 12)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
Sure it's very possible...oh you mean this year HAHAHAHAHAHA...no.

A hot streak is just a hot streak. They do have a legit shot at making the playoffs though.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Big road stretch coming up with the WJCs in Toronto. Probably won't be pretty.

Yup the upcoming part of their schedule will be a very key part of their season. They've had a very favorable home schedule to start the season. 21 of their first 31 games will be at home. After their next 2 home games they have 17 of their next 22 games on the road which will be a very tough stretch for them so we'll see how they hold up during that.

They've been playing well and getting results in their last 10 games though.

jeangauthier

Oct 10, 2007
Montreal,Canada
Yup the upcoming part of their schedule will be a very key part of their season. They've had a very favorable home schedule to start the season. 21 of their first 31 games will be at home. After their next 2 home games they have 17 of their next 22 games on the road which will be a very tough stretch for them so we'll see how they hold up during that.

:laugh: funny you mentioned their schedule.........had dinner with one of my best friends last night whose a Leafer..........said the same thing.........

JS91

May 14, 2014
Don't worry, the traditional collapse at the end of the year is still coming. The Leafs never fail to do that, last season they were convincingly on a playoff position at the trade deadline but then they went ahead and collapsed and missed the playoffs.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Don't worry, the traditional collapse at the end of the year is still coming. The Leafs never fail to do that, last season they were convincingly on a playoff position at the trade deadline but then they went ahead and collapsed and missed the playoffs.

Yes we are all aware of their collapse last year. Let's hope their scoring depth and improved (slightly) team defence can prevent one.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
There are many other teams I'd put ahead of them in terms of chances. However any of those top 6 have a chance to lead the division at some point in the season. Also it's december.

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Leafs are going to have a ton of road games later on this season, which is going to make it harder on them. Not to mention, there's always the yearly January collapse that has still yet to come. They also have a lot of back-to-backs this year. So I don't think that they can win the Atlantic, no. It doesn't help that the league ****ed up Toronto's schedule pretty badly this season.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
I think it's Tampa's division to lose. We have a very good shot at #2 though, as Montreal, Detroit, and I guess Boston aren't exactly powerhouses, contrary to the preseason consensus.......mainly Montreal.

bobbyt911

The question is : "When will the Leafs have their seasonal epic collapse ? In the regular season or in the first round ?"
Not so sure that they will collapse per say, of course they will have a slumps but this team is very different mentally than the last few yrs.

thats true but the Leafs have been a decent road team, they are 5-2-3

bobbyt911

Sample size :sarcasm:

IMO if the Leafs keep playing at or near the same level they have been they should finish in the top 3 in the Atlantic. Can't see them finishing 1st tho but anything can and does happen. Plus their play of late is on par with the top NHL teams

Aug 25, 2009
éal
I think it's Tampa's division to lose. We have a very good shot at #2 though, as Montreal, Detroit, and I guess Boston aren't exactly powerhouses, contrary to the preseason consensus.......mainly Montreal.

Lol I must have missed the part when it was a consensusthat Montreal was a powerhouse

As for Toronto, big test tonight against the Kings! We'll see how they can handle the best of the best

Gormo

Holupchi
Nov 12, 2010
Just making the playoffs would be very welcome Im sure.

The Leaf fans definitely deserve it.

bobbyt911

Lol I must have missed the part when it was a consensusthat Montreal was a powerhouse

As for Toronto, big test tonight against the Kings! We'll see how they can handle the best of the best

today isn't a good representation of a test for the Leafs cuz there are many factors going against them today.
1. Leafs on 2nd game of a back to back
2. Kings coming off of a game they should have won since they are the way better team and out played the Habs
3.Leafs coming off of a great game so they may be over confident

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I want to beleaf!

If the effort is there I see no reason they can't stick around in the playoff mix all season.

But then, last year happened.

I got my fingers crossed that they're a different team. 12-0 now when leading going into the 3rd right? That's a stat that suggests the 18-Wheeler ain't coming this year but seriously it's the Leafs just sit back and watch and hope for the best if you're a fan or laugh your ass off if you enjoy Leafs failures.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
The question is : "When will the Leafs have their seasonal epic collapse ? In the regular season or in the first round ?"

I know this will never die, ever. The leafs could be a powerhouse for the next 10 years and people would still claim they collapse. However, one more time, just for ***** and giggles..

3 years ago, yes, a collapse, coach was fired.

2 years ago, made the playoffs, had the bruins beat, and blew the lead. There have been many many many teams to do that. Boston also went to the finals so it's not like they were push overs.

Last year, I won't use the olympics excuse, but our Starting goalie goes down, and we relied on goaltending and Kessel last year, both stopped producing in the last two weeks.

This year we are a much more complete team. We have won most of our games with scoring from our bottom 3 lines, our bottom 6 is much more capable. Our 4th line actually plays minutes, and Kessel's line doesn't play insane minutes.

Phaneuf has a load taken off. He has some minutes taken away, and the leafs have the versatility to change his partner to help the situation this year.

Only way we "collapse" is if our goalies stop playing at an NHL level, or we get decimated by key injuries. This is a playoff team.

Subbanned

Nov 4, 2011
Yes they can easily win the Atlantic. Any of us, Toronto, Boston, Tampa or maybe Detroit can take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad