Can the Leafs win the Atlantic (10-1-1 in last 12)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Leafs are looking pretty good and not getting outshot as much nowadays. Can they win Atlantic with the Bruins not looking like their usual selves?

Last edited:

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
They are winning games without Komarov and the first line not playing up to par. I think they have a chance, but I wouldn't count on it. However, it's a MUCH better team than last years, so I don't think a collapse will happen. Plus, Leafs are undefeated when leading after 2 periods.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Why u do dis.

Yes we have been playing well, yes we are a few points back of the lead with 2 games in hand, yes it's the middle of December.

I'll be happy if they make the playoffs, which is all I care about at this point.

I will point out last year they were between 2-4 for most of the year with MOntreal and Tampa, and looks to be there again, except with Detroit now.

Lets see if they can do what they were supposed to do last season without collapsing.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
I doubt it. Bruins are going to start racking up the points as guys return from injury. Leafs could pass the Habs since they're bound to slow down but I highly doubt they could pass the Lightning. Atlantic is a tough division, every team is still in the playoff hunt except for Buffalo.

dontworryimadocter

Nov 15, 2014
no they cant win the Atlantic both tampa and detroit are better teams i could see montreal toronto and boston all interchangeable from 3-5

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Leafs are looking pretty good and not getting outshot as much nowadays. Can they win Atlantic with the Bruins not looking like their usual selves?

Nope.

Even if Boston isn't better (and that's an if), Tampa Bay, Detroit and Montreal all are.

Kamiccolo

Aug 30, 2011
I doubt it. Bruins are going to start racking up the points as guys return from injury. Leafs could pass the Habs since they're bound to slow down but I highly doubt they could pass the Lightning. Atlantic is a tough division, every team is still in the playoff hunt except for Buffalo.

The same buffalo who is like 6 points behind a spot with 3/4 of a season to play?

The atlantic is wide open. I said at the beginning the leafs could finish from first to last, and every team is the same way.

However those claiming the leafs were a bottom 5 team and got worse look silly now.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
Me thinks it's Tampa who takes the division this year.

This may be the weakest Boston team since 09-10

KGL

Sep 5, 2014
The same buffalo who is like 6 points behind a spot with 3/4 of a season to play?

The atlantic is wide open. I said at the beginning the leafs could finish from first to last, and every team is the same way.

However those claiming the leafs were a bottom 5 team and got worse look silly now.

They're out. It has been shown that when a team is that far out at this point, they almost never make it. Buffalo is on a run but the are still a bad team. Advanced stats show they are still brutal. They're going to fall back down to earth again.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Yes they can

They can also crash and burn as per usual, which I hope they do way too many leaf threads lately

Kamiccolo

Aug 30, 2011
They're out. It has been shown that when a team is that far out at this point, they almost never make it. Buffalo is on a run but the are still a bad team. Advanced stats show they are still brutal. They're going to fall back down to earth again.

Advanced stats all show the leafs are brutal, and that EDM is a middle of the league team, what's your point?

Kamiccolo

Aug 30, 2011
Yes they can

They can also crash and burn as per usual, which I hope they do way too many leaf threads lately

You mean too many positive leaf threads. No one has a problem making 1000 "LOL leafs suck" threads each year when things go south. It's the same with the Oilers. Lots of negative threads, a positive one is criticized.

KGL

Sep 5, 2014
Advanced stats all show the leafs are brutal, and that EDM is a middle of the league team, what's your point?

That they're a brutal team. I already said that.

If you seriously believe the Sabres have a shot at making the playoffs, you're going to be seriously disappointed.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Doubt it. Even though their possession is better, it's still bottom 5 with top-5 PDO, not a recipe for long-term success

Ralphy*

I doubt we win the Atlantic. Somewhere between 3-5, my guess would probably be 4th. I'm fine with that as long as we make the playoffs.

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
No.

No no no no.

Not again...

No more jinx threads you fools!

EDIT:

Oh the thread was made by a Habs fan... Carry on then...

Last edited:

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC

No they don't, for the same reason that Buffalo has a whole season to play before we see where they stand. If you're going to say that there's a lot of hockey to be played and that no one can say Buffalo's a garbage team yet, you can't say that Toronto's not a garbage team and that naysayers look foolish yet.

Recent history shows that whether it's early season, mid-season, late-season, or the playoffs, Toronto can collapse at will.

Only time will tell if they do again.

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
I applaud this Habs fan for trying to jinx the Leafs, just as Toronto is starting to close down on Montreal.

Good effort.

Why would you do this.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Sure they can in the Atlantic, I'm not sure how many of them can swim though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad