Can someone explain the Canes celebration?

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Well, I guess I’m in the minority then.. but, that’s ok. I think it’s embarrassing. Glad everyone seems to like it.

Embarrassing why ? It's not shoving it in their opponents faces for a regular season win or legitimately being so happy about one win.

It's something they came up for the fans, and trying to create a more fun culture. The feeling around the team has been so negative the last few years and there's been tons of empty seats. At the end of the day it's all about entertainment.

Last edited by a moderator:

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Nothing wrong with it but if you look at it like Justin Williams is in the locker room before the game telling everyone they're gonna use their sticks like they're rowing a kayak then it's kinda weird

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
The dinosaurs will hate it, but it's fun. I get taking things seriously but at the end of the day you're playing a game and as spectators we want to be entertained. I doubt this does much for people that are already big time NHL fans but for the younger generation I bet it's something that does make a difference for them.

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
It's a common thing to celebrate a victory at home like this in european sports. At least we did in hockey/soccer in Sweden. Not all the time and all ages. But sometimes.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
The dinosaurs will hate it, but it's fun. I get taking things seriously but at the end of the day you're playing a game and as spectators we want to be entertained. I doubt this does much for people that are already big time NHL fans but for the younger generation I bet it's something that does make a difference for them.

I am older then T-Rexes and I have no problem with this

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad