Can someone explain the Canes celebration?

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
nnwVNui.png

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I can explain it in words:

Players throw their arms up and down up and down on the ice while the fans get into it. They then speed up to the point their arms are about to fall off, but just before they do, they skate to the one side of the ice then pull a total 180 and troll the camera guy and go the other way and practice their diving technique in style while colliding with the camera guys cables. This is what we call the 'Cane Crane Swan Dive'.

To sum it up: It's a fun move that fans and the players love to do. If you don't like it, go scream at more clouds. Who cares what a franchise does? Let them.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I think this is where teams like the Canes and Vikings got it from.

What I find cringing is crediting this stuff to Iceland fans when this stuff has been going over all over European ultras for years. It is a fun chant, yes. Many times, there people are actually chanting something else than HU! And no, it's not from the Vikings.

That being said, I like this type of stuff landing into hockey and into NA.

Reactions: 555Upstairs

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
If you need it explained to you, you wouldn’t understand anyway.
I saw about a 5 second clip on the highlights. I'm legitimately curious as to what's happening. It cant be just that they won a game?

That said after that 5 second clip, (I watched the game with my brother and brother in law), I made a comment that I think the NHL needs more of that, and pointed them to the hudashow in orebro. Take a look if you dont know.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
If someone doesn't like the celebrations, they can get up and leave once the horn sounds. Or if they're at home, they can change the channel when the game is over. If people are upset and don't follow the Hurricanes anyway, why would the Canes care?

I think it's a bit odd because it's very different, but find it entertaining. If the added entertainment sells some extra tickets in Carolina and helps players bond, there's nothing wrong with it. Different teams have different gimmicks... Columbus shoots a cannon for goals, Detroit used swing an octopus, Nashville has a list of chants and taunt the hell out of opposing goalies. Even Vegas has turned the game experience into a very Vegas-like show. Good on the Hurricanes for coming up with something unique.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
The dinosaurs will hate it, but it's fun. I get taking things seriously but at the end of the day you're playing a game and as spectators we want to be entertained. I doubt this does much for people that are already big time NHL fans but for the younger generation I bet it's something that does make a difference for them.
Okay. I should have read further. Yes the nhl needs more of that. As I've said otherwise, type hudashow I to YouTube and watch at least 5 videos.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
It looks so cringey... yikes. Like looking for attention.

I'm not trying to be rude, but a real hockey market wouldn't do that. It reminds of the cringey Las Vegas stuff. Yuck. Trying too hard.

Yeah, come on people, ‘real hockey markets’ do things like throw dead cephalopods on the ice during playoff games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad