Can Lucic bounce back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Lucic has been as good as Lucic can be so far this season. I think we should accept he's not going to be a 60+ point player, but his game is not about that. If he can chip in at a 0.5 PPG pace while smashing people and protecting our star players we should be happy. Does this means he's a 6M player? No, but it does mean he's helping our team win.

Lol...Lucic is not a 0.5 ppg player man. He is a 0.25 ppg player now.

A little better then 0 ppg 3 million dollar legit 3rd liner....Strome.:biglaugh:

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 4.08.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 4.08.04 PM.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 19

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Lucic looking bad again. He's a offensive black-hole because literally every play dies on his stick.

I kinda hope there is a mini lockout and each team can get 2 compliance buy-outs. This team needs to rid itself of Lucic and Sekera (too bad with all his injuries).
The only way we get those buy- outs is if the salary cap drops significantly like the last lock out. Otherwise the league doesn't just bless us with those. I wish we would just bite the bullet and eat 50% and ship him off. Id rather the 3 mil in dead cap and hope the 3 mil is spent properly on a good depth player. It would still probably be better than paying 6m to Lucic.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Now that the 4th line has strung together some good games the 3rd line is really the only one that hasn't produced this year. They haven't played all that poorly, just the production sucks. Here's hoping Lucic and Strome can get going because sinking $9.1M in 2/3 that little production is going to come back and bite you sooner or later.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
He's been getting a grade A scoring chance pretty much every game. He's playing well enough.

Hopefully the points start to come for that line as a whole. It could be the story of the season either good or bad.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
He's been getting a grade A scoring chance pretty much every game. He's playing well enough.

Hopefully the points start to come for that line as a whole. It could be the story of the season either good or bad.
I agree but it’s concerning that he’s had so many chances this year and hasn’t scored. It’s very easy to say he simply has completely lost his scoring touch.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
He had the same chances last season. He's great at floating into the slot late and one-timing the puck. He's not great at actually converting those opportunities, he usually shoots it wide or right at the goalie.

I've given up, the guy's done. That play tonight in the third where he could've hit Puljujarvi for a partial 2 on 1 with Strome, but bobbled the puck when he looked up to see it and went offside for what seems like the hundredth time this season... I'm convinced that that line would have some points if he wasn't out there. He's a complete and utter non-factor, and anyone who thinks this guy is still an NHL is just praying because of that contract.

Two goals in 60 games for a guy that gets the opportunities he does might just be historically one of the worst runs for any forward in the history of the NHL. He's been playing with decent players for nearly every one of those 60 games. That's just unimaginably bad for a guy that brings nothing aside from a physical game (not great defensively, not a PKer, terrible PP player).

I don't know what Chiarelli does or can do, just make it stop for the love of god.

Reactions: Joey Moss

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
Strome has played worse imo but that's not saying much.

Putting both of them together on a line with a kid in McLellan's doghouse seemingly in perpetuity and expecting any sort of success is asinine.

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
- He's standing still after passing the puck in the offensive zone.
- He's bobbling the puck and having trouble controlling it.
- He's not driving to the net with the puck just controlling along the boards until he gives it away or loses it.

But he's on a horribly constructed line, i don't know if anyone can produce with Strome as their C. His presence and toughness is worth 2-3 million alone. We're always ready for a war with him on the bench and I don't see anybody messing with any of the stars. I'm trying to be positive.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
- He's standing still after passing the puck in the offensive zone.
- He's bobbling the puck and having trouble controlling it.
- He's not driving to the net with the puck just controlling along the boards until he gives it away or loses it.

But he's on a horribly constructed line, i don't know if anyone can produce with Strome as their C. His presence and toughness is worth 2-3 million alone. We're always ready for a war with him on the bench and I don't see anybody messing with any of the stars. I'm trying to be positive.

Wars don't happen anymore in the 2018 NHL. I used to think about his presence in his first year, but I can't even justify it anymore.

Kucherov, Crosby & Malkin, Mackinnon. These guys aren't getting cheapshotted. Hell, Mackinnon led the Avs forwards in PIMs last year.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
I really thought he could, I was wrong....so depressing to have that contract right now.

Im not for always changing lines BUT, sit Strome for a few, drop Lucic to 4th with Khaira and Kassian, bring Marody back for 3rd line center.

Last edited:
Reactions: GameChanger

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I think I read he has vision issues... ie he can't see well on the ice.

That can't be good for a guy that's not the speediest or most skillful at passing and making plays in the first place.

Might be a stupid suggestion but why not put some contact lenses in this guy's eyes and see if that makes a little difference out there.

I swear sometimes it looks like his movements and general play is being impacted by "something"... maybe it's more than just being clumsy and his flubbing is at least somewhat related to vision impairment?

Like I said.. maybe that's a stupid suggestion but can he really be this poor without something physical/vision-wise actually affecting his play?

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.

That can't be good for a guy that's not the speediest or most skillful at passing and making plays in the first place.

Might be a stupid suggestion but why not put some contact lenses in this guy's eyes and see if that makes a little difference out there.

I swear sometimes it looks like his movements and general play is being impacted by "something"... maybe it's more than just being clumsy and his flubbing is at least somewhat related to vision impairment?

Like I said.. maybe that's a stupid suggestion but can he really be this poor without something physical/vision-wise actually affecting his play?
He needs contact lenses in his hockey stick, plus stabilizers.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia

I feel like if we as fans are just noticing this now, the people in management paying him millions of dollars and the coaching staff that gets a front row seat of his play have already addressed this ages ago.

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
Strome has played worse imo but that's not saying much.

Putting both of them together on a line with a kid in McLellan's doghouse seemingly in perpetuity and expecting any sort of success is asinine.

I fully disagree that Strome has played worst than Lucic. Strome actually has been good this season but he can't finish or his lines either. He is winning the possession battle and he is dominating scoring chances while playing with Lucic. I think Strome actually has the best corsi on the team. The Oilers need him to score a goal or something to get going. He's a streaky scoring and he needs to finish and get on the board. I wouldn't say he is playing bad because he isn't he just needs to finish.

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
I think Strome actually has the best corsi on the team.

I just checked and yeah, out of players in yesterday's lineup he's actually the best forward, while Puljujarvi is the 4th. Lucic is not much behind Puljujarvi so it seems his corsi has gotten better on the 3rd line. As for FF% (again yesterday's forwards) Strome is the 2nd, Pulju 4th but Lucic far behind at 10th with a much worse number.

Too bad the good corsis of that line hasn't produced goals, but at least they haven allowed them either.

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
I just checked and yeah, out of players in yesterday's lineup he's actually the best forward, while Puljujarvi is the 4th. Lucic is not much behind Puljujarvi so it seems his corsi has gotten better on the 3rd line. As for FF% (again yesterday's forwards) Strome is the 2nd, Pulju 4th but Lucic far behind at 10th with a much worse number.

Too bad the good corsis of that line hasn't produced goals, but at least they haven allowed them either.

Strome's also 6th for most Scoring chances/60 and 5th in High danger scoring chances/60 and he is actually the best forward for limiting Scoring chances too. I think its unfair to call out strome right now. I know he hasn't gotten a point right now but its not like he is getting destroyed out there and looking like an ECHler. He has been playing good but just not finishing. He will pot a couple of goals and it will come soon I think. He just gotta keep playing his game and not getting frustrated.

He actually has the lowest offensive zone starts % on the team too.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
If the 3rd line keeps floundering IMO Lucic should drop down to the Brodziak line and Khaira should take his spot fora bit. Right now we have 3 struggling players on the same line, one more game and then there should be a shakeup whether it's swapping out Strome for Brodz or Khaira for Looch.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Strome's also 6th for most Scoring chances/60 and 5th in High danger scoring chances/60 and he is actually the best forward for limiting Scoring chances too. I think its unfair to call out strome right now. I know he hasn't gotten a point right now but its not like he is getting destroyed out there and looking like an ECHler. He has been playing good but just not finishing. He will pot a couple of goals and it will come soon I think. He just gotta keep playing his game and not getting frustrated.

He actually has the lowest offensive zone starts % on the team too.

By my eye Strome has been nothing special offensively, it's not as if he's dominating offensively and is just snake bitten. Regardless we need the offense to come for that line and I'd like to see Jesse lead the way.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
By my eye Strome has been nothing special offensively, it's not as if he's dominating offensively and is just snake bitten. Regardless we need the offense to come for that line and I'd like to see Jesse lead the way.

Seems like a bit of an unfair expectation to lay on the shoulders of a 20 year old who is still finding his way when the $9M worth of void beside him should be showing some leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad