Speculation: cammalleri to Vancouver per fan 960

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Means one less spot again for the kids on the Heat. Eventually some of them need to play in the NHL.

Not necessarily we could waive him like Kotalik and then we still get his cap hit which we may need but not play him like we did with the defenseman we claimed from Carolina.

Richi

Oct 20, 2013
Have you watched much of the 2 of them?

As of late I haven´t been able to do that. My knowledge of these two refers mostly to the time before the draft. Since then I´ve just seen them during the preseason, during which both of them have played pretty well. Shinkaruk even seemed to have bulked up a little bit, his size wasn´t the source of any concern. But then again, it was the preseason with a lot less of a physical game.

In the end with the two of them it comes down to personal preferences, where I have to admit that I like speedy, gritty wingers. Thus my love for Baertschi:laugh:

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
As of late I haven´t been able to do that. My knowledge of these two refers mostly to the time before the draft. Since then I´ve just seen them during the preseason, during which both of them have played pretty well. Shinkaruk even seemed to have bulked up a little bit, his size wasn´t the source of any concern. But then again, it was the preseason with a lot less of a physical game.

In the end with the two of them it comes down to personal preferences, where I have to admit that I like speedy, gritty wingers. Thus my love for Baertschi:laugh:

Then you want Poirier he is arguably as fast maybe more and much grittier.

Both great players but I feel that you are underselling what Poirier brings. (I felt the same way until I started watching Poirier this year)

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
Wouldn't something like 2014 1st + 2015 2nd work? I admit I know little to nothing of Vancouvers prospects beyond Horvat who they would be crazy to trade, so wouldn't taking the picks here make sense? ...or we could just try to find a better trading partner. I would rather we make the deal sooner rather then later so we can maximize potential partners and take the best option due to the amount of teams looking to improve at the moment.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Wouldn't something like 2014 1st + 2015 2nd work? I admit I know little to nothing of Vancouvers prospects beyond Horvat who they would be crazy to trade, so wouldn't taking the picks here make sense? ...or we could just try to find a better trading partner. I would rather we make the deal sooner rather then later so we can maximize potential partners and take the best option due to the amount of teams looking to improve at the moment.

Always shoot for the 2015 1st round pick.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
If we're aiming for this draft, I'd say Nicklas Jensen + Vancouver's first-round pick is pretty reasonable. If we're aiming for the 2015 draft, Vancouver's first round pick alone is probably a fair asking price.

Of course, I'd really much rather we fleece Vancouver and rob them of all their prospects and picks for the next nine years, but you can't always get what you want.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Are either of those statements really 100% false?
Considering that Sarich denied he asked for a trade then re-signed with the Flames, I think it is safe to say that was 100% false.

I also think it is false that Iggy lost his fire, but that is an opinion and only Iggy really knows.

benfool

Aug 30, 2013
Agreed. Man do I ever hate the Canucks.

Probably the most annoying and arrogant team coupled with the most annoying and arrogant fans makes it impossible not to hate them. I read a similar rumor to this on Calgaryuck today and was in disbelief.

Having stated that Cammy is actually a good fit for them and the trade makes sense for them. He is proven commodity in the playoffs and brings a solid level of compete. Couple those characteristics with his ability to find the back of the net he would be a great pick up for them.

I hate almost every single canuck and think their fans are dog crap so I do not want to see them succeed, having stated that if Burke can take them to the cleaners on a trade I am all for it.

Because it is the canucks and because I wish nothing but pain and suffering on their fans I think they should have to pay a premium to get the deal done.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Not necessarily we could waive him like Kotalik and then we still get his cap hit which we may need but not play him like we did with the defenseman we claimed from Carolina.

It's still one less spot for the young guys coming up. If it was for just this year then sure, but since its for next year as well I'm not keen on it.

AfricanHerbsman

May 4, 2010
What about Cammy (50% retained salary) and Backlund to the Jets for Morrissey and a 1st round pick? I'd take that deal!

This is a gross overpayment. Why would we trade backlund and cammy? Backlund is great he has solid possession numbers and is great at moving the puck out of the d zone and into the offensive zone. He is getting misused by Hartley right now IMO. I feel cammy at 50% salary alone with his hot play can get us a first and a prospect. Maybe not morrisey level but close. And if it's a late first I'd expect a damn good prospect in return.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
This is a gross overpayment. Why would we trade backlund and cammy? Backlund is great he has solid possession numbers and is great at moving the puck out of the d zone and into the offensive zone. He is getting misused by Hartley right now IMO. I feel cammy at 50% salary alone with his hot play can get us a first and a prospect. Maybe not morrisey level but close. And if it's a late first I'd expect a damn good prospect in return.

The Jet's 1st is likely a mid 1st, and Cammy may get that 1st from them but not Morrissey. We NEED a stud dman prospect and Morrissey is just that. Yeah it would suck to lose Backlund, but he IS getting misused here. And by next season Backlund will likely be replaceable on our roster especially if Stajan is resigned.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
If the first round pick is in the mid range and is the main piece to the trade would we accept that?

I'm thinking yes as it will allow us a chance to pick up another defenseman. Combining that with our own high first round draft pick, we could reshape the defense prospects almost over night much like what we did with our forwards last year.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
What about Cammy (50% retained salary) and Backlund to the Jets for Morrissey and a 1st round pick? I'd take that deal!

I like Backlund a lot, but that would be tempting. Honestly, if Cammalleri (50% salary) could get Morrissey straight up, I see no reason to ask for a 1st rounder as well - then there's no need to sacrifice Backlund.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad