Speculation: cammalleri to Vancouver per fan 960

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
That would be really great! But by no means realistic...

I myself would be happy if we could get Shinkaruk for cammy straight up. I don´t know exactly why, but I really love that kid. I still can´t understand how they chose Poirier over him!:shakehead
And if they would throw in a second (or maybe a third) it would be a fair deal IMO

Really? Poirier has outplayed him so far this year.

saillias

Sep 6, 2004
Calgary
That would be really great! But by no means realistic...

I myself would be happy if we could get Shinkaruk for cammy straight up. I don´t know exactly why, but I really love that kid. I still can´t understand how they chose Poirier over him!:shakehead
And if they would throw in a second (or maybe a third) it would be a fair deal IMO

Several teams interviewed the kid twice and passed him up twice, Columbus AND Buffalo I believe.

Based on Burke saying the entire Ducks staff thought Calgary hit it out of the park in our draft, and the fact Detroit and Washington in front of us chose other guys as well, should paint a pretty clear picture.

I'm not going to say anything else because talking about Shinkaruk gets people fired up. :D

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
I do not think we have to neccessarily think of Jensen in this trade. If we look at Feaster¨s mentality on how a team should be built consisting of big bodied, strong and hard to play against players., we should maybe look at someone like Kassian. This is purely speculation but if this rumor has meat to it I can be pretty confident our target is Kassian.

He is big, strong and hard to play against. Now dont get me wrong I do not believe that Kassian will ever be a superstar like some Nuck fans pump him to be but i believe in that at ends result around 27 years of age he will be a very effective third liner.

Just makes too much sense to me. So i would assume the trade is something like:
Mike Cammalleri(50% Salary retained) for Kassian and a 2nd(Maybe a first cannot decide.)

Richi

Oct 20, 2013
Really? Poirier has outplayed him so far this year.

If you look at the points they both have put up, it´s true. But it´s still just a really small sample size. Shinkaruk has only played 9 games thus far.
And it´s not a choice based on hard facts, I just believe(!) he will turn out to be more succesfull then Poirier:D

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
If you look at the points they both have put up, it´s true. But it´s still just a really small sample size. Shinkaruk has only played 9 games thus far.
And it´s not a choice based on hard facts, I just believe(!) he will turn out to be more succesfull then Poirier:D

Based on what tho?

I've seen Hunter over the last 3 years and he looks noticeably worse since Etem left.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Gillis should be doing everything he can to get his hands on Cammy. The dude is a top flight goal scorer and has shooting ability that no one on Vancouver's squad can match. Vancouver's window to win is closing and they need someone like Mike Cammalleri to help them win in ridiculously competitive Western Conference.

I have faith that Burke will be able to negotiate a solid return. Our management is a lot more patient now. They were patient when Edmonton turned down the Smid deal, only to come running back a few weeks later and they'll be patient with Cammy.

I think we can use this as an opportunity to shore up our goaltending and defense going forward. Something like Frankie Corrado + Eddie Lack for Mike Cammalleri + Joey Macdonald? Flames get a solid young defensemen who's a right shot and very close to the NHL along with a talented but unproven goaltender who's only 25.

Richi

Oct 20, 2013
Based on what tho?

I've seen Hunter over the last 3 years and he looks noticeably worse since Etem left.

His prename!:clap:

Seriousely though, his drive to the net really impressed me. Plus he´s got amazing hands and great skating abilities. Poirier has major upsides too, so it´s kind of hard to chose between the two of them. I went with Shinkaruk because he always seemed willing to do anything it takes to score the goal, even if it means going to where it really hurts.
Maybe it´s for the best we took Poirier, because the way Shinkaruk is playing sets up the real possibility that he will be out with concussion more than once...

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Several teams interviewed the kid twice and passed him up twice, Columbus AND Buffalo I believe.

Based on Burke saying the entire Ducks staff thought Calgary hit it out of the park in our draft, and the fact Detroit and Washington in front of us chose other guys as well, should paint a pretty clear picture.

I'm not going to say anything else because talking about Shinkaruk gets people fired up. :D

We got Mantha, I wouldn't trade him for Shinkaruk.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Gillis should be doing everything he can to get his hands on Cammy. The dude is a top flight goal scorer and has shooting ability that no one on Vancouver's squad can match.

I dont know... That Sedin guy can shoot..... ;)

I agree he would be a perfect fit. I just dont know how a trade would work out without Booth coming back and I wouldnt be thrilled about that.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I dont know... That Sedin guy can shoot..... ;)

I agree he would be a perfect fit. I just dont know how a trade would work out without Booth coming back and I wouldnt be thrilled about that.

If it means getting market value (or higher) for Cammalleri, I have no problem taking on salary of any kind.

Booth coming back as a salary dump isn't the end of the world either. Once his contract is up (after next season) doesn't mean he's going to be re-signed, unless he earns it.

TylerSVT*

The fact that Poirier is outscoring Hunter is one thing. The fact that Hunter is SMALLER and his transition to the NHL will be more difficult is another thing.

Seriously, Hunter gets felated way too much on these boards, there is a reason why a number of teams had him ranked around the 30th mark.

Plus if you go off of Vancouvers scouting... they have a terrible track record of drafting.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
The Canucks should be pursuing Cammalleri, as he would give them a much needed scoring boost. However, I don't see a deal happening any time soon since it's likely most teams will want to wait until closer to the deadline when the cap hit's lower and Calgary's already paid most of Cammalleri's salary.

If he's going to Vancouver, the only pieces of interest are Subban, Corrado, Tanev, Lack, 2014 1st, and their 2014/2015 2nd. Jensen's awful, Flames already have their own version of Gaunce in Arnold, and the Canucks aren't trading any of Shinkaruk, Horvat, or Kassian for a 31 year old UFA (for that matter, they're probably not trading Lack or Tanev either).

I'd much rather the Flames stay entirely away from Booth since they already have Jones taking up a spot. By the deadline, the Canucks should be able to take on Cammalleri's cap hit without having to dump salary, so the ideal deal would be any of:
2014 1st + 2014/2015 2nd
2014 1st + Subban
2014/2015 2nd + Corrado

Aug 3, 2010
If it means getting market value (or higher) for Cammalleri, I have no problem taking on salary of any kind.

Booth coming back as a salary dump isn't the end of the world either. Once his contract is up (after next season) doesn't mean he's going to be re-signed, unless he earns it.
Best case scenario as far as the Canucks and Cammalleri are concerned in my opinion:

Calgary receives:
1st in either 2014/2015
Blue-chip prospect (preferably on defence or right wing)
David Booth

Vancouver receives:
Conditional 3rd round pick in 2014 if they don't reach the SCF, no pick exchanged if they do
Michael Cammalleri at 50% salary

And Booth somehow finds his groove in Calgary and fetches this team another first in 2014/2015.

A man can dream, but either way I'm not certain I want to see a deal done with the Canucks, Burke holding the reins or not.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
His prename!:clap:

Seriousely though, his drive to the net really impressed me. Plus he´s got amazing hands and great skating abilities. Poirier has major upsides too, so it´s kind of hard to chose between the two of them. I went with Shinkaruk because he always seemed willing to do anything it takes to score the goal, even if it means going to where it really hurts.
Maybe it´s for the best we took Poirier, because the way Shinkaruk is playing sets up the real possibility that he will be out with concussion more than once...

Have you watched much of the 2 of them? Hunter is much of a perimeter type player than Poirier. Poirier goes to the dirty areas way more often. To be honest it seems like most people have just not followed Poirier.

Shinkaruk compares to a pure scorer like Semin where as Poirier projects to a Doan/Marchand type of player.

I would love to add Hunter but not at the expense of Poirier.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Gillis should be doing everything he can to get his hands on Cammy. The dude is a top flight goal scorer and has shooting ability that no one on Vancouver's squad can match. Vancouver's window to win is closing and they need someone like Mike Cammalleri to help them win in ridiculously competitive Western Conference.

I have faith that Burke will be able to negotiate a solid return. Our management is a lot more patient now. They were patient when Edmonton turned down the Smid deal, only to come running back a few weeks later and they'll be patient with Cammy.

I think we can use this as an opportunity to shore up our goaltending and defense going forward. Something like Frankie Corrado + Eddie Lack for Mike Cammalleri + Joey Macdonald? Flames get a solid young defensemen who's a right shot and very close to the NHL along with a talented but unproven goaltender who's only 25.

I agree with everything but the trade offer. I think we can do better than that. The Smid deal was a good example of patience, as opposed to the Tanguay deal. Here's the interesting part: Vancouver is not the only team in desperate times. Based on the current standards, things are starting to get a little more tight. All of a sudden Philly and New York aren't that far from a wild card spot. If things stay this tight by the deadline, all of a sudden we'll have the ultimate seller's market. Very exciting times

Ice Hawk

Mar 20, 2013
Langley BC
I think this speculation may have come from a question Kouleas(?) asked Button on That's Hockey 2night on TSN2 last night. They were talking about where Cammy might end up and Button said Vancouver because Gillis used to be his agent.

I live in the Lower Mainland and am exposed to a lot of Canucks' stuff and watch most of their games so I thought I would offer up a couple of opinions.

Kassian is a bonehead...I am sure you guys noticed this, but this guy is incredibly thick between the ears, and despite his size and skill, I don't know if we would want him. He is still young and could turn out to be a good player though.

David Booth, is not only an overpaid boat anchor, but a staunch Christian. I have no problem with that in itself, but his 'Praise Jesus' stuff doesn't go over well in the locker room.

Brendan Gaunce can't skate well enough to play in the NHL imo. He is a smart player who has size and strength and is effective when he has time to take up position in front of the net and the slot. He is also effective in the corners. However I am not sure how well any of these skills would translate to the NHL. If he could skate better he would be a beauty. He was a PPG player in his second year of Junior and still is, so his production curve is pretty flat.

The only players I would want from Vancouver are Jannick Hansen and Bo Horvat.

I really don't think we make good trading partners until the deadline.

On another note:I watched the Canadian games at the Lake Placid WJC tourney in August, and imo we definitely picked the right player in Poirier over Shinkaruk. In the last game against the US(where we got blown out), the smaller players including Shinkaruk got manhandled. Jankowski and Poirier were a force for Canada on right wing(Janko wasn't playing center). They did not play in that game and were sorely missed.

Poirier is a much more complete player than Shinkaruk. He has blinding speed, a ton of grit, excellent on the PK as well as the forecheck/backcheck, but lacked a bit of finish in tight.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
This was complete speculation by Boomer and Rhett, I heard it myself as well. They were saying because Gillis was fomerly Cammy's agent and how Cammy would be deadly with the twins "they think" it could be a good fit. They had no inside information saying there have been talks.

Getting Corrado or Subban with a 1st though would make it pretty easy to say bye to Cammy..

I also agree that Cammy doesn't get moved until closer or at the deadline. Cap flexibility is King and increases his value.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
I heard them this morning. Pure speculation. In fact they went through every team and if they would be interested and who they would be willing to part with.

It's no rumor, and rest assured, we won't trade him to Vancouver to help put then over the top

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Means one less spot again for the kids on the Heat. Eventually some of them need to play in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad