Rumor: Cam Talbot expected to be traded after turning down extension with Ottawa

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
no im saying im very disappointed that ottawa got chychrun for a package the sabres could have beaten 3 times over without sacrificing much of their future prospect line and this is how im choosing to process that

trying to figure out who would be more upset missing the playoffs right now

Buffalo fans knowing Chychrun could have put them over the top or Ottawa fans knowing that had their GM pulled off chychrun 4 months ago they'd have comfortably walked into the playoffs and possibly dodged boston and carolina in the process
Ottawa doesn’t get him at that price, 4 months ago.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
how much more would you be willing to pay to be a lock for the playoffs
Definitely Not what the Coyotes were asking for. Showed great patience.
Plus nothing is a lock, I can’t predict injuries or other factors.
Couple of firsts a second, Pinto or Greig was the asking.

Last edited:

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
There was no real reason to trade him now that we're in the playoff race. I don't think a 3rd rounder in 2025 or whatever is enticing enough.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Dahlin & Tuch are out (injured) now. Might be a factor. Schedule.
I think part of the issue is indeed the Scheudle. Buffalo is playing the Islanders twice, the Penguins play the Islanders and the Sens each, and the Sens only pay the Penguins while the Islanders have three games against other, likely, wildcard opponents. Barring a three point game, it means that the Sens have an advantage since one team fighting for position has to lose. Even if the Islanders win all three games for instance, that means three losses against wildcard opponents in competition with Ottawa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad