Confirmed with Link: Cam Hillis Signed to 3-Year ELC

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Sounds a bit like Hudon am I wrong?

Hudon's biggest problem is that he's a defensive liability. His defensive zone and transition coverage are horrendous. And he's prone to turnovers.

Not sure if these liabilities characterize Hillis.

Reactions: Jokerniemi

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
What's his forward position? And if he pans out, who would we like him to become like, comparable in this league?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Another season in the OHL maybe?

no

What's his forward position? And if he pans out, who would we like him to become like, comparable in this league?

he's a center/winger. I don't know what position he will play in Laval, I'm guessing wing depending on how the roster shapes up. If Evans is there then he has to be at center. If Kotka is there that's another center spot, if Poehling is there do they keep him at center or move him to the wing until he starts playing better? They have Vejdemo who can play either center or wing, Dauphin is the same as well.

Reactions: HabsDood

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
he's a center/winger. I don't know what position he will play in Laval, I'm guessing wing depending on how the roster shapes up. If Evans is there then he has to be at center. If Kotka is there that's another center spot, if Poehling is there do they keep him at center or move him to the wing until he starts playing better? They have Vejdemo who can play either center or wing, Dauphin is the same as well.

Pretty much the trend Habs have been focusing on lately. Centers who can play wing, as well.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
no

I can see him on the wing to ease his transition into the league, especially with the depth there coming into the season. But, if Evans earns the call or once Hillis gets comfortable, I wouldn't mind him playing behind Kotka-Poehling as the 3C

Reactions: Runner77

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I can see him on the wing to ease his transition into the league, especially with the depth there coming into the season. But, if Evans earns the call or once Hillis gets comfortable, I wouldn't mind him playing behind Kotka-Poehling as the 3C

Agreed. Remember, Jake Evans started last year as 4C in Laval. He worked his way up to their 1C by the end of last season. I think Hillis would be able to do the same. Start in the Bottom-6 and work his way up the line-up.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Entrevue avec André Tourigny

67s coach and OHL coach of the year Andre Tourigny talking a bit about Cam Hillis:

2 way forward with speed. Small center but high IQ and creative on the ice. Exceptional draft year but injured during his D+1 season, slow in first half of the year but put it all together in the second half. Not yet ready but has a lot of potential for the Canadiens.

Notabaguette

Mar 4, 2018
What's the report on him for those of us who don't follow the prospects?
He was better then Jason Dickinson if you compare to former Guelph Storm alumni. But he is 3 inches shorter. I would say that there's a good chance he makes NHL and is like Lehkonen but a C.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
WTK they listened to you lol. How good could this kid be? Current NHLer you would compare him to?

I just opened this thread to read about WTK. :laugh:

Seriously, great signing. Happy they got it done.

Last edited:
Reactions: WeThreeKings

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I don't really expect much from Hillis at the NHL level but I'm really happy for the kid, well earned contract after all those injuries he struggled with the year before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad