Confirmed with Link: Calle Jarnkrok to Flames for draft pick

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
We didn't get him for the regular season tho. I have been pretty critical but like the rest of this team the games that matter haven't started and if he shows up big in the playoffs no one will care about the picks
We need depth….that’s what the trade is for. So far he is a disappointment, I don’t expect much from him in the playoffs as he has a history of disappearing in the playoffs but you never know

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
14 games for Calgary, 3 shitty assists, 2nd, 3rd and 7th... Horrendous move by Trev
I thought it was a great move by Tre. Keep in mind Jarnkrok was out of the lineup for a while due to illness. Or scratched to give Carpenter some games.

He really wasn't brought in to score, but is just about at average pace the last number of years (~28 to 35 points).

Since arriving in Calgary his CF is 59% at even strength and he wins 55.9% of his face-offs.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
We need depth….that’s what the trade is for. So far he is a disappointment, I don’t expect much from him in the playoffs as he has a history of disappearing in the playoffs but you never know
I'm not expecting a lot from him offensively but if he can be a good defensive centre and let Dube take more chances I think it's an effective use of him.

Reactions: DFF

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
~30M for Johnny, Matty and Mangi

Um I do not see 30M for all 3 lmao. 25M is probably what it takes to sign them all. If Jarnkrok is willing to get paid 2mill for 2-3 years, and we find a way to get rid of Lucic/Monahan doesn't come back from LTIR, we can easily make that work. Heck that also means 1 of Gaudreau or Tkachuk can make 11M in this scenario.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Um I do not see 30M for all 3 lmao. 25M is probably what it takes to sign them all. If Jarnkrok is willing to get paid 2mill for 2-3 years, and we find a way to get rid of Lucic/Monahan doesn't come back from LTIR, we can easily make that work. Heck that also means 1 of Gaudreau or Tkachuk can make 11M in this scenario.
25M? Lol you wished

Probably 11M+ each for Tkachuk and Gaudreau
And 6M+ for Mangipane

That’s 28M+

The only doubt is Mangi but people were laughing at me for saying he is not worth 6M if he doesn’t start scoring again and he did since

Reactions: TheHudlinator

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
25M? Lol you wished

And 6M+ for Mangipane

That’s 28M+

The only doubt is Mangi but people were laughing at me for saying he is not worth 6M if he doesn’t start scoring again and he did since
We simply have no idea what to expect. The Tkachuk's don't take discounts but does he want to try and keep the best line in hockey going for years to come because he might not score 40 on other teams, Gaudreau might depending on how much he likes the team and Calgary plus being in the scoring race might not be possible on all teams, Mangiapane is the wild card he hasn't made a ton of money and could make bank in 1 more year but if we give him a long term deal would he take a lower cap hit?

I'm still hoping that moving Lucic and monahan will be possible and save enough money we can keep the band together especially if we have a deep run this year

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
We simply have no idea what to expect. The Tkachuk's don't take discounts but does he want to try and keep the best line in hockey going for years to come because he might not score 40 on other teams, Gaudreau might depending on how much he likes the team and Calgary plus being in the scoring race might not be possible on all teams, Mangiapane is the wild card he hasn't made a ton of money and could make bank in 1 more year but if we give him a long term deal would he take a lower cap hit?

I'm still hoping that moving Lucic and monahan will be possible and save enough money we can keep the band together especially if we have a deep run this year
It’s a given that Monahan or Lucic has to go if not both

We have no idea but I just don’t see a 100 pt scorer making less than 11M. Panarin made 11.6M 2 yrs ago and he didn’t even score 100

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
It’s a given that Monahan or Lucic has to go if not both

We have no idea but I just don’t see a 100 pt scorer making less than 11M. Panarin made 11.6M 2 yrs ago and he didn’t even score 100
Yea I agree I'm hoping because we can give Tkachuk an 8 year deal we can get him under 11 maybe 10.5, I'm hopeful for the same with Gaudreau. I'd love to believe that Mangi could come in at 5x8 but I think that's wishful thinking and it will be closer to 6x8.

I wonder if Backlund might not even be safe if we can get Jarnkrok as cheaper inferior replacement.

But I'm really trying to enjoy this season and I'll worry about next year after hopefully a nice long playoff run

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
I think right now you can certainly argue that the acquistion cost of Jarnkrok (if he is a pure rental) is a bit too high, but as others have noted there are extenuating factors. He was sick and missed a lot of time due to that, he's entering a Sutter system for the 1st time, and has never exactly been an insane offensive contributor. All of that on top of never really being a centre in recent years.

I still think he undoubtedly improves the team though and that's the goal of a rental. Only real key question in my mind is if he provides that improvement the best as a centre, or if moving him to the wing to accomodate Ruzicka with better linemates is more desireable

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
He is a way better addition than Tofolli. He is a great two way player and will fit the playoffs aspirations perfectly. Tofolli was the waste of picks not Jarkrok.

Reactions: Volica

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
He is a way better addition than Tofolli. He is a great two way player and will fit the playoffs aspirations perfectly. Tofolli was the waste of picks not Jarkrok.

This is the way.

All you need to do is look how much Dillon Dube has elevated his game playing with Calle and Coleman. He can essentially be the offensive line driver with those two, knowing that the guys he's playing with can keep up and especially do their work on the defensive end. That line is controlling 60% of shots right now... I think that's a really good indication.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
25M? Lol you wished

And 6M+ for Mangipane

That’s 28M+

I don't think so. Especially for Mangiapane. Get 30 goals again and we'll talk.

$10M AAV Gaudreau
9.5M AAV Tkachuk

I don't think they'll pay Mange more than Lindholm or Toffoli. If he wants more than that, the Flames will sell high knowing that Dube and Pelletier are waiting in the wings.

Which is why I think Mangiapane will sign a two year deal for less.

HitterD

Apr 25, 2022
Calgary
with Jarnkrok, I’m getting Marcus Nilsson vibes. regular season production nothing special, but I feel like if the Flames go on a playoff run, fans are going to all know how big a part of it Jarnkrok was, from a scoring perspective as well as his play away from the puck.

additionally, he’s currently centering the flames second most effective line right now, and if he can continue doing the things that will allow Coleman And Dube to generate offence, he will be worth the price paid, and will likely be a re-signing candidate.

Last edited:

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

$10M AAV Gaudreau
9.5M AAV Tkachuk

I don't think they'll pay Mange more than Lindholm or Toffoli. If he wants more than that, the Flames will sell high knowing that Dube and Pelletier are waiting in the wings.

1) under no scenario, a 100 pt player is getting less than 10M not even 11M. Tkachuk and Gaudreau are not the easy sign type

2) yes, you can bet Mangi will get more than Lindholm and Toffoli. Lindholm signed that contract 4 yrs ago as a 16 goal/40 pt player. Toffoli scored 30 goals once but he was floundering at that point

Mangi also averaged 30 goals the last 2 yrs if you do the math

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
with Jarnkrok, I’m getting Marcus Nilsson vibes. regular season production nothing special, but I feel like if the Flames go on a playoff run, fans are going to all know how big a part of it Jarnkrok was, from a scoring perspective as well as his play away from the puck.

additionally, he’s currently centering the flames second most effective line right now, and if he can continue doing the things that will allow Coleman And Dube to generate offence, he will be worth the price paid, and will likely be a re-signing candidate.
Marcus Nilson was a physical player. Järnkrok is not physical

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

$10M AAV Gaudreau
9.5M AAV Tkachuk

He scored 18 in 56 that's a 26 goal pace in a full season. He currently has 53 goals in his last 136 games, in comparison Chucky has 57 in his last 136 games not too mention more pp time and better linemates plus Mangiapanepks. There is no chance Mangiapane signs for less then Lindholm or Toffoli unless it's a 1 year deal to get paid by someone else.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I can't imagine Gaudreau and Tkachuk combined breaking 23 mil AAV. That's literally a 11 AAV + 12 AAV contract.

25 mil? 13/12 or 12.5 each? Come on, really guys? Did I miss the memo that this is the season that contracts are going to blow past the upper limit of Connor McDavid for AAV? I get that some people round up a little extra to be conservative, but yeesh.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I can't imagine Gaudreau and Tkachuk combined breaking 23 mil AAV. That's literally a 11 AAV + 12 AAV contract.

25 mil? 13/12 or 12.5 each? Come on, really guys? Did I miss the memo that this is the season that contracts are going to blow past the upper limit of Connor McDavid for AAV? I get that some people round up a little extra to be conservative, but yeesh.
Gaudreau is 3rd in the league in scoring even if don't count how many because scoring is up he can rightfully ask for top 10 money. Tkachuk is 7th is only 24, he can argue this isn't even his peak, he felt like he took a team discount last time, and the Tkachuk's don't like discounts. Realistically I think they both get between 8x10 and 8x11 if they stay here long term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad