Confirmed with Link: Calle Jarnkrok to Flames for draft pick

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Ruzicka was sent down, so it won't be like this. What is funny is that I thought Monahan has shown flashes at times this year, but the offense flair is so gone that I doubt they are giving him any rope.

Gaudreau-Lindholm-Tkachuk
Coleman-Backlund-Lewis
Mangiapane-Jarnkrok-Tofolli
Lucic-Monahan-Dube

or

Gaudreau-Lindholm-Tkachuk
Coleman-Backlund-Jarnkrok
Mangiapane-Monahan-Tofolli
Lucic-Monahan-Dube/Lewis (sadly probably the latter)

What is sad is that if Monahan was even 2/3 of the player he was 3 years ago, this is probably the best top 9 in the NHL.
Ruzicka is down now but it is presumably just to create momentary space for Jarnkrok due to his flexibility (just like the Kylington injury it all comes together so quick that there isn't an ideal opportunity to drop onto waivers) and he should by all acconts be back up. To me, there's no real reason for him to be down barring another addition, since Richardson is well below everyone else on the pecking order, especially in terms of what he brings. As an extra centre the Flames have Dube, Jarnkrok, and then Gawdin in the minors (working on the 2nd) so his utility is limited. Sutter also emphasized that Ruzicka won't be on the 4th line, but he's been used ahead of Monahan on that 2nd line before, so...

Regardless, that was more of a final lineup posted. We're likely to see that 2nd unit get some runeway (Lucic - Dube - Ritchie, in my mind for the 4th line) up until the deadline and the Flames can sort out their depth/cap/roster space in order to get the best lineup out there down the stretch. Plus it does give Monahan a chance to in some way prove himself and see if he can bring that energy from the 4th line the last few games up. He didn't do it today but it's important for contingency.

Be all end all I just expect Ruzicka up, and that Jarnkork is best served being a RWer given the lack of depth compared to C

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Ruzicka is down now but it is presumably just to create momentary space for Jarnkrok due to his flexibility (just like the Kylington injury it all comes together so quick that there isn't an ideal opportunity to drop onto waivers) and he should by all acconts be back up. To me, there's no real reason for him to be down barring another addition, since Richardson is well below everyone else on the pecking order, especially in terms of what he brings. As an extra centre the Flames have Dube, Jarnkrok, and then Gawdin in the minors (working on the 2nd) so his utility is limited. Sutter also emphasized that Ruzicka won't be on the 4th line, but he's been used ahead of Monahan on that 2nd line before, so...

Regardless, that was more of a final lineup posted. We're likely to see that 2nd unit get some runeway (Lucic - Dube - Ritchie, in my mind for the 4th line) up until the deadline and the Flames can sort out their depth/cap/roster space in order to get the best lineup out there down the stretch. Plus it does give Monahan a chance to in some way prove himself and see if he can bring that energy from the 4th line the last few games up. He didn't do it today but it's important for contingency.

Be all end all I just expect Ruzicka up, and that Jarnkork is best served being a RWer given the lack of depth compared to C
I don't think Ruzy will be up unless we get someone on IR. He was sent down for salary reasons (without needing waivers).

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
I don't think Ruzy will be up unless we get someone on IR. He was sent down for salary reasons (without needing waivers).
I might be overly optimistic and trustworthy of this FO for no reason, but I just have a hard time truly believing that they are going to try and use Monahan/Jarnkrok as their pseudo-2nd line centre down the stretch in favour of having Richardson for playoff depth. Especially when the heir apparent down the middle for Jarnkrok's spot would be Ruzicka, while on the wing his replacement is Lewis. Jarnkrok, to me, adds more value down the wing because of Ruzicka's emergence, and if Ruzicka is down just to fit Jarnkrok it's mis-aimed move

Khrox

May 31, 2018
I might be overly optimistic and trustworthy of this FO for no reason, but I just have a hard time truly believing that they are going to try and use Monahan/Jarnkrok as their pseudo-2nd line centre down the stretch in favour of having Richardson for playoff depth. Especially when the heir apparent down the middle for Jarnkrok's spot would be Ruzicka, while on the wing his replacement is Lewis. Jarnkrok, to me, adds more value down the wing because of Ruzicka's emergence, and if Ruzicka is down just to fit Jarnkrok it's mis-aimed move
Well, come playoffs, Ruzy will be up (since no salary cap). I doubt Sutter wants to risk losing Lewis or Richardson to waivers. Honestly, they should just waive Ritchie.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Well, come playoffs, Ruzy will be up (since no salary cap). I doubt Sutter wants to risk losing Lewis or Richardson to waivers. Honestly, they should just waive Ritchie.
Ritchie just scored and Sutter loves his truculence, doubtful hes waived. I wish the Flames could LTIR Monahan for a couple weeks, guy could probably use the break and then that opens a spot and capspace to keep Ruzy up. Hip injuries are usually 18ish months to get back to full health.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
At long as he's not playing for the Kings/Sharks/Ducks, I think we get a good monopoly on the Calle type puns. :)

Question. I've seen a few posters in different places excited he will wear 91. What's the significant behind 91 that causes excitement?

Honestly I have no idea but when I grew up, wearing #91 in NHL meant the player is really good

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
At long as he's not playing for the Kings/Sharks/Ducks, I think we get a good monopoly on the Calle type puns. :)

Question. I've seen a few posters in different places excited he will wear 91. What's the significant behind 91 that causes excitement?

No idea why people are excited for 91, but I'm kind of disappointed. He previously wore 19 but since Tkachuk's got that, he reversed the numbers. If he had picked 61, he could have skated upside down on his hands and still have 19 on his back but I guess he's just not that good. BUST.

Also,

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
14 games for Calgary, 3 shitty assists, 2nd, 3rd and 7th... Horrendous move by Trev

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'm definitely concerned about the player. I don't understand why he looks like a rookie out there. Perhaps playing centre for Sutter is different than anything he's done before.

At the same time, though, the results haven't been terrible. He's an even player. If the worst version of his line still breaks even then we can still win with that.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Yesterday was probably his first game where he looked like he fit in. It's debatable if he's a better centre than Dube and even Ruzicka though

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Yesterday was probably his first game where he looked like he fit in. It's debatable if he's a better centre than Dube and even Ruzicka though
He is not better than the current Dube. That’s not debatable :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad