Gaudreau-Lindholm-Tkachuk
Coleman-Backlund-Jarnkrok
Mangiapane-Dube-Toffoli
Lucic-Monohan-Lewis

Reactions: herashak

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Players like Chiarot and Foligno have gone for 1st’s within a year and you guys are complaining about a late 2nd and 3rd for the ideal fit for this roster. Great deal.

Coleman-Backlund-Toffoli
Mangiapane-Monahan-Jarnkrok
Lucic-Dube-Lewis

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Johnny - Lindholm - Tkachuk
Elite first line.

Mangiapane - Jarnkrok - Toffoli
That’s a high end second line.

Coleman - Backlund - Lewis
The Gourde line from last year.

Lucic - Ruzicka/Monahan - Dube
Prefer Ruzicka, but Lucic/Doobs have chemistry for some reason.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Players like Chiarot and Foligno have gone for 1st’s within a year and you guys are complaining about a late 2nd and 3rd for the ideal fit for this roster. Great deal.

Coleman-Backlund-Toffoli
Mangiapane-Monahan-Jarnkrok
Lucic-Dube-Lewis
It’s the retention that we have to pay extra. The Flames have no business getting a player like him with their cap space….

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Great depth move. Jarnkrok was one of the players I was hoping we'd get at the TDL.

Swedish mafia gets stronger!

Reactions: Fig

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
I'm not sure I see the sense in Jarnkrok at centre. Hasn't consistently played there in a long while and his success with Seattle has come at right wing IIRC. Let's just say the ideal top 9 has been the lineup used w/ Ruzicka in between Mangiapane and Toffoli. There is only one real obvious hole in that top 9 and it can be plugged like:

Gaudreau - Lindholm - Tkachuk
Mangiapane - Ruzicka - Toffoli
Coleman - Backlund - Jarnkrok

And then the 4th line is swap-in city. Put Richardson in waivers ASAP, or at the very least get him back up following the deadline if a centre to displace Monahan from the 2nd line isn't snagged. But for the 4th line, you can play Monahan or Dube at centre (please Dube), then Lucic, Monahan, Ritchie, and Lewis can cycle in based on who's hot.

I think Lewis utility is greatly diminished with the addition of Jarnkrok. The PK groups can be: Backlund - Lindholm, Coleman - Jarnkrok, Mangiapane - Toffoli, and Dube as a spare. Whereas Ritchie has been alright on the 4th line and has been marred by a lack of scoring. I think he provides more than Lewis right now, for his role, given what Jarnkrok brings. Either way there are opportunities to work people in when tired and keep it as an energy 4th line.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I'm not sure I see the sense in Jarnkrok at centre. Hasn't consistently played there in a long while and his success with Seattle has come at right wing IIRC. Let's just say the ideal top 9 has been the lineup used w/ Ruzicka in between Mangiapane and Toffoli. There is only one real obvious hole in that top 9 and it can be plugged like:

Gaudreau - Lindholm - Tkachuk
Mangiapane - Ruzicka - Toffoli
Coleman - Backlund - Jarnkrok

And then the 4th line is swap-in city. Put Richardson in waivers ASAP, or at the very least get him back up following the deadline if a centre to displace Monahan from the 2nd line isn't snagged. But for the 4th line, you can play Monahan or Dube at centre (please Dube), then Lucic, Monahan, Ritchie, and Lewis can cycle in based on who's hot.

I think Lewis utility is greatly diminished with the addition of Jarnkrok. The PK groups can be: Backlund - Lindholm, Coleman - Jarnkrok, Mangiapane - Toffoli, and Dube as a spare. Whereas Ritchie has been alright on the 4th line and has been marred by a lack of scoring. I think he provides more than Lewis right now, for his role, given what Jarnkrok brings. Either way there are opportunities to work people in when tired and keep it as an energy 4th line.
Ruzicka was sent down, so it won't be like this. What is funny is that I thought Monahan has shown flashes at times this year, but the offense flair is so gone that I doubt they are giving him any rope.

Coleman-Backlund-Lewis
Mangiapane-Jarnkrok-Tofolli
Lucic-Monahan-Dube

or

Coleman-Backlund-Jarnkrok
Mangiapane-Monahan-Tofolli
Lucic-Monahan-Dube/Lewis (sadly probably the latter)

What is sad is that if Monahan was even 2/3 of the player he was 3 years ago, this is probably the best top 9 in the NHL.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Ruzicka will be back up sooner than later. Treliving will add a defenseman and will need to clear cap to do so.

Khrox

May 31, 2018

Hahahahahaha!!!! At least the guy has humility.

He always seemed like a good guy. Likeable, and well spoken. Shame about his stats, because I remember back when he was a Canucks prospect, watching him absolutely stone the Flames prospects every time they played. Was hoping to see some of that

Reactions: Zirakzigil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad