Prospect Info: Calle Clang, goaltender (3rd round, #77 overall, 2020)

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
You know, it might have been nice to take a center? Yes? JR: NO!

Does it matter? We can always trade for them...

We have D prospects that we can use to trade for C. We have wingers. And now 2 goalies lol.

Besides, as of now it looks like we are set at C for awhile. Obviously Sid and Geno. But even if McCann doesnt pan out at C , I think Blueger continues to improve. He can be our 3C. Even if its not this year...then next. He has the ability. Offensively and on D.

I also think Bellerive will surprise alot of people and have a very good second season in AHL. His build is tailor made for us...a Crosby lite. If his offense can improve(which he showed in OHL) then he can be our next 3C or 4C.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
I mean... I'm like 90% sure it's the scouting team that are making the decisions, not JR

Obviously! The scouts probably had this kid way higher than anyone else available or they wouldn't go back to back goalies. Hopefully we have our next Murray and Jarry of the future.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Does it matter? We can always trade for them...

We have D prospects that we can use to trade for C. We have wingers. And now 2 goalies lol.

Besides, as of now it looks like we are set at C for awhile. Obviously Sid and Geno. But even if McCann doesnt pan out at C , I think Blueger continues to improve. He can be our 3C. Even if its not this year...then next. He has the ability. Offensively and on D.

I also think Bellerive will surprise alot of people and have a very good second season in AHL. His build is tailor made for us...a Crosby lite. If his offense can improve(which he showed in OHL) then he can be our next 3C or 4C.
I'm not gonna hinge my hopes on a guy like Bellerive.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Only in our weird Penguins world are these two goalies BPA available. This is just the typical "smartest guys in the room bullshit" our scouts pull.

We are about to get skewered for these picks over the next couple years.
Neither one was exactly off the board.

Should they poll HFBoards instead?

If you don’t like the pick say why but if it involves NHL needs or you haven’t seen them play I’m tuning it out.

Reactions: CrosbyMalkin

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
When my grandmother became senile she kept doing the same thing over and over.

I think that he simply forgot what he did an hour or so ago.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Neither one was exactly off the board.

Should they poll HFBoards instead?

No, they should just like pick players that have a high upside because they keep talking about our "two year window" and these picks literally do nothing to help us. It's why I didn't give a shit about trading the 1st because our team regularly does questionable things when he have top picks.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Y'see, this is where BPA sucks. Maybe try filling out a pretty awful prospect pool, especially since you have a guy who just turned 25 in the net already. :laugh:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Y'see, this is where BPA sucks. Maybe try filling out a pretty awful prospect pool, especially since you have a guy who just turned 25 in the net already. :laugh:

At the start of the 2019-20 season, Clang was expected to be, at best, a seventh-round draft pick. However, after a strong season where he has proven that he has true NHL potential, this outlook has improved.

As of now, Clang appears to be a fifth-rounder but he could easily be selected in the fourth or slide into the sixth-round. It really depends if/when a run on goaltenders happens. If top names go off the board early in the third round, it wouldn’t be unexpected for him to go late in the third, either.

Blomqvist, I can see, but this wasn't BPA. This was a reach.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3