Pre-Game Talk: Call Your Shot - 2019 NHL Draft

Larkin2AA

Apr 21, 2016
Rochester Hills, MI
I think we’ll have a Zadina situation and Byram will fall to us

As to outside of 1 and 2nd OA it’s anyones guess
Unfortunately we have smart(er) franchises ahead of us picking this year. There are no Arizona's, or Canadiens choosing before us to shake things up and force a top player to drop. Chicago, Colorado, and LA will make the smart move.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Unfortunately we have smart(er) franchises ahead of us picking this year. There are no Arizona's, or Canadiens choosing before us to shake things up and force a top player to drop. Chicago, Colorado, and LA will make the smart move.
That's funny, I'd imagine both Montreal and Arizona are happy with Kotka and Hayton over Zadina still.

Reactions: Zetterbeer

Larkin2AA

Apr 21, 2016
Rochester Hills, MI
That's funny, I'd imagine both Montreal and Arizona are happy with Kotka and Hayton over Zadina still.

I'm sure they are, as well as with Ottawa and Thachuk (I spelled that wrong, I know). I am just saying, Zadina was ranked 3rd in the draft and he fell, I don't think you'll see Byram fall like Zadina.

Ishad

Jun 2, 2010
I can reasonably see Byram making it to La, I don’t imagine a situation they pass on him.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Bowen Byram at 6

i am also going to call Detroit getting another 1st by taking the Ryan Callahan contract

Connor McMichael at 27

Reactions: lidstromiscool

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Montreal and Ottawa must be happy with their choices. I think Zona may rethink Hayton now personally. I thought that was a bad choice on draft day, and I still prefer Veleno to Hayton, let alone Zadina. Hayton put up the production you'd want from him this year though. Maybe they're happy but I'm still projecting him as a defensive 3C, 2C upside-like Veleno.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I can reasonably see Byram making it to La, I don’t imagine a situation they pass on him.
You have to dream bigger
"...select Trevor Zegras. LA you're on the clock"
TSN crew: "It appears Blake is getting a call, could someone be moving up for Byram?"
Blake: "hello, who is this?"
HF Wings: "pass on Byram or I'm pissing in your cereal"
"What?! Who is this?"
"It doesn't matter, pass on Byram or you're never enjoying a bowl of cereal again. You've been warned"
"The LA Kings are proud to select Kirby Dach"

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
You have to dream bigger
"...select Trevor Zegras. LA you're on the clock"
TSN crew: "It appears Blake is getting a call, could someone be moving up for Byram?"
Blake: "hello, who is this?"
HF Wings: "pass on Byram or I'm pissing in your cereal"
"What?! Who is this?"
"It doesn't matter, pass on Byram or you're never enjoying a bowl of cereal again. You've been warned"
"The LA Kings are proud to select Kirby Dach"

Hey, how did you tap my phone?

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I think 6th might be the worst spot this year.

Surely this comment is made in jest, right? Obviously we are getting a fantastic player, but it’s too low to get a player we really want, and too high to have the decision be made easy, is that what you’re gettin at?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad