Pre-Game Talk: Call Your Shot - 2019 NHL Draft

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Since we have some people starting to slip into final mock draft mindsets, I figure I would start this thread up now and give us a few days to discuss and debate. This is no longer about what you want, or how someone is ranked by a scouting service.

Very simple concept: Who do you believe the Wings are picking at #6? What do you believe the actual top 10 will look like? Trades? Surprise risers and fallers? This is your chance to call your shot. Feel free to be as detailed and well thought out as you'd like, or just go on that hunch that makes no sense at all but you can't help but think it's going to come true.

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
1. Hughes
2. Kakko
3. Turcotte
4. Dach
5. Byram
6. Zegras
7. Caufield
8. Boldy
9. Cozens
10. Podkolzin

Biggest riser: Kaliyev (I think he goes top 15, not sure how many mocks have him that high)

Biggest fall: Krebs (cheating here but that injury is a bummer)

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
right now my gut feeling is the Wings end up with Zegras which i'll be mostly fine with(although a bit upset that they didn't take Dach instead if he is still on the board)

Reactions: bert2z

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
1. Hughes
2. Kakko
3. Turcotte
4. Byram
5. Dach
6. Zegras
7. Cozens
8. Caufield
9. Boldy
10. Podkolzin

Biggest riser: Seider (might break into the top 10) or even Spencer Knight.

Biggest fall: Vlasic

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I'm going Upnorth camping/horse back riding with the GF and her friends... Unbelievable:ha:... So I'll miss that draft but:

I'm just hoping Dylan Cozens slips and we pick him at 6th.

I'm predicting the Red Wings will select Vasily Podkolzin with the 6th pick.

I'm predicting that the top 5 will fall in this order:
Jack Hughes
Kaapo Kakko
Dylan Cozens
Alex Turcotte
Bowen Byram

Reactions: mantha39

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
I'm going Upnorth camping/horse back riding with the GF and her friends... Unbelievable:ha:... So I'll miss that draft but:

I'm just hoping Dylan Cozens slips and we pick him at 6th.

I'm predicting the Red Wings will select Vasily Podkolzin with the 6th pick.

I'm predicting that the top 5 will fall in this order:
Jack Hughes
Kaapo Kakko
Dylan Cozens
Alex Turcotte
Bowen Byram

I was in the same exact situation a couple years back.

I was up camping in Manistee with the slightest connection ever and like 10% battery. Kept refreshing and refreshing, it was very strenuous.

That was the 2017 draft btw, so my camping trip was basically ruined once I heard all of our picks :laugh:. I'm way too invested in this shit.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Want Byram but am calling we select Dach. I think the players the Wings would be truly excited about will go 1-5.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I was in the same exact situation a couple years back.

I was up camping in Manistee with the slightest connection ever and like 10% battery. Kept refreshing and refreshing, it was very strenuous.

That was the 2017 draft btw, so my camping trip was basically ruined once I heard all of our picks :laugh:. I'm way too invested in this ****.
That 2017 draft ruined a vacation to Florida for me.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
How I think the top 10 will play out:
NJ - Hughes
NYR - Kakko
CHI - Turcotte
COL - Dach
LA - Byram
DET - Cozens
BUF - Zegras
EDM - Caufield
ANA - Broberg
VAN - Boldy

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think how Bob has it would make sense with the teams picking 1-5.

1. NJD- Hughes
2. NYR- Kakko
3. CHI- Byram
4. COL- Turcotte
5. LAK- Dach

Which would leave us picking between Zegras and Podkolzin IMO. Now Stevie talked about Podkolzin as the #3 player for most of this season, but I feel like at the end of the day we are going to go for a center. So I am going to say Zegras or Dach is our pick, and in this case Dach is gone (if LA liked Vilardi, I think they will love Dach), so I will say Zegras.

6. DET- Zegras
7. BUF- Cozens
8. EDM- Broberg (if rumor is false, Boldy)
9. ANA- Krebs or Caufield
10. VAN- Podkolzin

The host of The Pipeline Show said Edmonton is pretty set on drafting Broberg... take that for what it's worth.

Last edited:

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
1. Devils - Hughes
2. Rangers - Kakko
3. Hawks - Turcotte
4. Aves - Dach
5. Kings - Byram
6. Wings - Zegras
7. Sabres - Broberg
8. Oilers - Cozens
9. Ducks - Krebs
10. Canucks - Boldy

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Yup. He tore his Achilles will slidddddeeeeee

Well first, it was his Achilles, not his ACL, and from what I understand, the impact of an ACL is a much bigger issue than the Achilles when it comes to hockey. Second, it was a laceration, not a rupture. A rupture is very sudden and from stretching/twisting/pulling until the tendon snaps more or less, a laceration is much cleaner way of damaging a tendon. And third, it was a partial laceration, not a full laceration, which makes the recovery much shorter and the likelihood of successful return much higher.

Some notable partial lacerations of the Achilles tendon belong to Erik Karlsson and Tyler Seguin. Both of which have gone one to do alright for themselves. Seguin has gone on to play 3 consecutive 82 game seasons where he put up 99 goals and 131 assists in 246 games. Erik Karlsson has managed to produce 86 goals and 314 assists in 447 games.

I think there's a chance that a team may bump him a slot or two, but I don't think he falls very much. I bet he still goes top 15, and certainly not around at 35. If he makes it past 15, I would honestly consider trading every pick in the draft to move up and get him, that's how highly I think of him. If we left the draft with a combination of Dach/Cozens/Zegras and Krebs, we would be living in a wonderland.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad