Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Honestly? This feels like old school COD again.

Matchmaking isn't as crippling, zombies is a much welcomed return to basics instead of the convoluted easter egg hunt it had become recently

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Honestly? This feels like old school COD again.

Matchmaking isn't as crippling, zombies is a much welcomed return to basics instead of the convoluted easter egg hunt it had become recently

Yeah I’ve heard this too. Almost a little more fun and arcadey.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
SBMM is definitely still a thing but it's much more toned down.

I had a game where I popped off majorly (like 40-12) and then I immediately got thrown into a campoff on Garrison. Left it and I went right back to playing okay to well.

For the most part it honestly feels like I'm more in control of how I do. Even the game I assume was SBMM you could write off as just being an off game. Probably helps the map structure is a lot more straight forward compared to the 45 buildings and corners Modern Warfare had so you can actually rely on skill and map knowledge to do well

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I played abit more last night. I can see the comparisons about older COD feeling. That being said, spy planes were pretty much active all game long. Seems like ghost is a mandatory.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Campaign was generally fun, but the story is pretty formulaic at this point. It’s like watching a shamylan movie. It was interesting the first time, but now it’s just the same old thing in different packaging.

I’ve done a tiny bit of multiplayer, but I’m awful at it these days. I kinda wish they’d kept an online co-op around.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I played abit more last night. I can see the comparisons about older COD feeling. That being said, spy planes were pretty much active all game long. Seems like ghost is a mandatory.

The score streaks are a little crazy. I keep a launcher as my secondary weapon and can rack up 300-500xp a game shooting down spy planes.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
So far so good but the one thing that bothers me is the servers. Hitreg and ttk is godawful. It feels like the only guns that kill with regularity are the M16 and FFAR.

It's the classic "dump a whole clip into a guy and only 3 of the bullets actually register" thing Treyarch still hasn't fixed.

IDK if the M16 is truly overpowered like some people say but something isn't right when burst weapons are shredding everyone even after someone gets the drop on you

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
This is the first Call of Duty I have been intrigued by since BO3 and I like that people are comparing it to older renditions of the game. Would it be worth picking up?

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
This is the first Call of Duty I have been intrigued by since BO3 and I like that people are comparing it to older renditions of the game. Would it be worth picking up?

I’d say so. Campaign, Multiplayer are super fun. I haven’t played Zombies yet but I’ve heard good things. The game needs some balancing, but so do most games.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I'm kinda confused at this Prestige system. I prestiged for the first time and now after a few games it still says level 1?

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
What is the game play like? is it really unrealistic arcadey like BO 3? I prefer a cod:ww2 and modern warfare feel. I'm nervous about buying it but I love the 80's theme and want to play with an m-16.

Sep 19, 2008
Game worth buying?
Nah tbh

I watch Cold War all day since it came out on Twitch and there's not much reason to join now other than camo grinding for dark matter and shit like that. They released like 8 maps too which is boring.

It all changes tomorrow when Nuketown comes out. If they have a 24/7 Nuketown mode I'd play that.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Nah tbh

I watch Cold War all day since it came out on Twitch and there's not much reason to join now other than camo grinding for dark matter and shit like that. They released like 8 maps too which is boring.

It all changes tomorrow when Nuketown comes out. If they have a 24/7 Nuketown mode I'd play that.

God you're so shallow. Does social media literally determine every facet of your life? Are you incapable of forming your own opinion? You can't even figure out if games are good without twitch telling you how to think?

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
It's super fun. Couple things in multiplayer need some balancing. The M16 and AUG are nuts, as is the MP5. The snipers are complete ass seeing how long they take to ADS and how often they hit marker. Also a lot of QA problems with the servers. Lots of times I'll have weird things like not being signed in online ingame despite being signed in to PSN happen.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
M16 and the AUG are OP af. The smgs are ass which sucks for players like me that like to run around the other teams spawn playing ultra aggressive. The MP5/M16/AK74u are pretty much the only 3 guns I’ve used so far. Maps are decent, hit or miss mostly imo. SBMM is absolute trash but I’m still able to hold a ~1.8kd pretty consistently so I think it’s maybe not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Oh yeah, and the weapon leveling takes way too f***ing long.

Overall, I enjoy this game more than Modern Warfare. The movement in this game is trash compared to MW, where I could slide cancel and bunny hop and the movement was just very fluid in general. But everything else I think I prefer CW. Zombies is also fun, although I haven’t been able to play it too much just yet. Will be interesting to see how CW is integrated into Warzone and what kinda impact the CW loadouts may have.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Here comes an unpopular opinion: f*** Nuketown and f*** them for putting it in the rotation.

The multiplayer on this game, particularly the maps, is as good as a CoD game has been since probably MW3. Nuketown is a trash map that led to about 5-7 years of shit CoD games with a litany of tiny maps that were completely unplayable.

/ragerant

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Here comes an unpopular opinion: f*** Nuketown and f*** them for putting it in the rotation.

The multiplayer on this game, particularly the maps, is as good as a CoD game has been since probably MW3. Nuketown is a trash map that led to about 5-7 years of shit CoD games with a litany of tiny maps that were completely unplayable.

/ragerant
Might be unpopular, but I'd say you're right. Nuke town is an absolute disaster because it's too small. There is nothing fun about spawning in people's LOS and dying with a second or two of respawning.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Might be unpopular, but I'd say you're right. Nuke town is an absolute disaster because it's too small. There is nothing fun about spawning in people's LOS and dying with a second or two of respawning.

This (Small maps) and ridiculous shit like being able to run on walls and jump 50 feet nearly killed the franchise for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad