Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The thing with Nuketown it feels like the spawns have somehow gotten progressively worse with each new iteration of it.

I still like the map but it seems like the spawns flip super fast compared to other version. I've had moments where I spawn, get shot in the back and then have the same thing happen again as the spawns somehow flipped while was dead.

BO1/2 Nuketown were great and id still take this over the horrid "safe space" maps of MW.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
Here comes an unpopular opinion: f*** Nuketown and f*** them for putting it in the rotation.

The multiplayer on this game, particularly the maps, is as good as a CoD game has been since probably MW3. Nuketown is a trash map that led to about 5-7 years of shit CoD games with a litany of tiny maps that were completely unplayable.

/ragerant

Oh just you wait. Shipment will be add I’m sure at some point.

Sep 19, 2008
There's just something unappealing about this game I don't know what it is. It's alright I mean but it's not worth paying for right now as it's too new, maybe that's it. The maps are okay but I guess I will start getting interested once we see what the Warzone integration is like. Supposedly that is what "S7" is about (they pushed back "S7" from the battlepass date and extended it another 14 days)

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I love this game. Most fun i've had playing COD since BOps1. Getting rid of mounting your gun and opening/closing doors speeds the game up to where it should be. Feels like Call of Duty back to its roots.

Reactions: CPTN71

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Zombies is fun, but I’ve crashed at least five times and I’ve only played maybe 25 runs. Twice in a chopper gunner, twice upon first acquiring the Ray Gun, and once just randomly with nothing unique happening.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
My ranking of the COD multiplayers I've played a decent amount of:

Modern Warfare
Modern Warfare 2
Black Ops 2
Black Ops
Infinite Warfare
Modern Warfare 3
Black Ops 3
Advanced Warfare
Modern Warfare Remastered
WWII
Modern Warfare (2019)
Ghosts

Getting this one for free with my new GPU so I'm hoping it will at least end up somewhere in the middle.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm not sure what I did or why but the matchmaking is now firmly bending over a table and screwing me raw now. Right back to the days of Modern Warfare. It was great for the first 20 hours and it's the most I've enjoyed a cod since black ops 2. Hours 21 through 25 however have been an absolute nightmare

K/D is 1.06 and my win ratio is basically 1 on the dot so it's not like I was dominating. One game I'll do okay (like 20-12) and then the next turns into an absolute pressure cooker with guys holding angles with the busted ass M16s and Augs. Which seems like the only weapons that work consistently with the servers.

This game is still better than Modern Warfare design wise but enough with the shitty matchmaking man

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I'm not sure what I did or why but the matchmaking is now firmly bending over a table and screwing me raw now. Right back to the days of Modern Warfare. It was great for the first 20 hours and it's the most I've enjoyed a cod since black ops 2. Hours 21 through 25 however have been an absolute nightmare

K/D is 1.06 and my win ratio is basically 1 on the dot so it's not like I was dominating. One game I'll do okay (like 20-12) and then the next turns into an absolute pressure cooker with guys holding angles with the busted ass M16s and Augs. Which seems like the only weapons that work consistently with the servers.

This game is still better than Modern Warfare design wise but enough with the shitty matchmaking man
Unfortunately its not changing. I've accepted that fact and decided to stay away from the COD franchise because of it.

Reactions: Jussi

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Nuketown sucks and has always sucked. I'll never understand the popularity of that map.

At least Shipment I understand the appeal for being able to grind XP quickly, even if the actual act of playing on it is trash.

Reactions: tacogeoff

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Nuketown sucks and has always sucked. I'll never understand the popularity of that map.

At least Shipment I understand the appeal for being able to grind XP quickly, even if the actual act of playing on it is trash.
Same appeal with Nuketowm :laugh:

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Well.. this Battle Pass looks terrible. Didn’t see a single thing that really caught my eye to pay to grind for.. boring!

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Not to mention it takes 95 years to actually level up. I played like for an hour and i didn't even get a single level.

**** activision, man. I thought maybe Cold War would be better since the Treyarch games were generally more fun even if they were a bit more jank. No fun to be had here.

This series is dead to me.

Sep 19, 2008
Well.. this Battle Pass looks terrible. Didn’t see a single thing that really caught my eye to pay to grind for.. boring!
The only good thing is they give you Adler straight off the bat. The only thing to grind for are the operator skins.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Nuketown already sucked cause of the spawns and all the sniping and stupid angles. Then they were like how do you make it worse ? They make it dark like Miami and call it Christmas nuketown. Black ops 4 was so much better but I do enjoy all the other maps sans Miami.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
The campaign was fun, brainless entertainment, I'll give it that.

Didn't think much of the MP. My COD friends and I are back on MW.

I think Activision really needs to think about where to go with the COD franchise. Continuing to try and re-create the magic of a decade ago with nostalgia acts only makes the series feel stale.

If I had my wish, I think they should abandon the 'superhero' COD model for their campaigns. The original COD games up to COD4 were compelling in large part cause you didn't feel like a badass so much as you felt like another faceless soldier just trying to survive the horror of war. Look to the campaigns of COD, COD2 and COD4, not for setting, but for mood and character. You felt overwhelmed, not empowered.

As far as the MP, I don't really have any ideas. I feel like the well has run dry on the COD model, honestly. They tried aping the mobility of Titanfall but failed at it. They tried going back to WW2 and it was as boring as you'd expect. MW borrowed some superficial things from Rainbow Six Siege as far as cover and mantling and whatnot, but not really enough to significantly change anything.

Gun to head, I'd say dial kill-streak rewards waaaaaaaay back. Like, COD4 back. 3 rewards, make them tough to get and not as impactful as they currently are. Less aimbots dressed up as war planes. Dial back the number of weapons. We don't need 13 types of assault rifles that all ultimately feel damn near the same. Keep the ones that require different playstyles and focus on mods and perks to tweak them to player preference. Try and make COD a game of skill again, instead of just a 30 second hero simulator interrupted by respawn breaks to chug mountain dew.

Last edited:
Reactions: CPTN71 and KapG

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Nuketown is somehow WORSE than it was on launch.

Spawn logic no longer applies. Blue team spawns in red teams spawn, enemies randomly spawn in the middle of the f***ing map, I had probably at least 6 instances where I spawned and was dead immediately because I spawned right in front of an enemy. And then there's the time when I spawned in the yellow house when my whole team was in green house. This is without people pushing the spawns too. It's abhorrent.

I get people don't like Nuketown but holy man it was never this bad. It's like shipment all over again.

https://v.redd.it/n46xi3z9zr561

Reactions: 2CHAINZ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad