Confirmed Trade: Calgary will receive a 3rd round pick from Edmonton in the Lucic/Neal trade

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
Bettman "Hey thanks for helping us out big time with using your facility until October. You really saved this season's playoff's :)"

Oilers "Your welcome! So what's going on with that whole trade conditions?.....Hello.....Gary?...." *click*

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
No way Neal was getting enough goals to get the Flames the third rounder. Honestly I was expecting the NHL to just give Flames a 4th or 5th to split the difference. This is surprising

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Please explain and show your work.

He had zero goals in his last 13 games.

And before that he had 19 in 42 games, so you want to go with a small 13 game sample size or a much larger 42 game sample size which is over 67% more games? He had give or take 10 games to score 2 goals, Lucic had what? 7 goals

Reactions: themelkman

Spoilers

Jun 24, 2018
If I were an agent I’d be calling the NHL. Players were told performance bonuses would be based on the games played and not prorated.

How can they apply this logic to a conditional trade and not anything else?

Let’s be honest, this was a pity pick because they are stuck with Lucic and will have to protect him during the expansion draft.

Once again the NHL bails out bad management decisions.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
the weirdest thing for me is they actually bothered to come up with new conditions for the Leafs and Carolina's pick for the play in round, and just didn't even bother to do that here. Why not just say something like if he scores 2 goals for Edmonton now Calgary gets the pick?

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
Why is everyone complaining when y’all said this trade was a “win” for the Oilers?

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Ah well. Holland unloaded Lucic, which I thought was impossible. I can't be too mad lol. He actually suckered another human being into taking him.

Ishad

Jun 2, 2010
I wonder if the nhl unilaterally made the decision or if the oilers agreed to it. Oilers have to be happy with the trade result, a 3rd is low value and it keeps a trading partner happy. Doesn’t seem like a hill to die on.

Reactions: Sam Pollock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad