GDT: Calgary @ Ottawa - 2 PM MT

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I think Tre is probably starting to realize that the problems with this team, are bigger than a bandaid rental. I'm fine with not burning future's, unless it's for a long term player and waiting for the offseason to hire a new coach. This team is fundamentally flawed and does not have the mental fortitude to be a contender.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I think Tre is probably starting to realize that the problems with this team, are bigger than a bandaid rental. I'm fine with not burning future's, unless it's for a long term player and waiting for the offseason to hire a new coach. This team is fundamentally flawed and does not have the mental fortitude to be a contender.

Backlund and Mangi are not good enough to be top 6 wingers. Our entire right side is a joke.

Our entire bottom 6 outside of Ryan is a joke too. 5th last in GF/game. Lots of signs this team will be going nowhere this year.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
There are two elite coaches available right now and I don't think there will be any better choices in the summer, the Flames need to cut bait with Ward (let him be an assistant again) and hire either GG or Laviolette.
No way a team jumps into hiring a coach without doing some diligent (and lengthy) background checks first.

Especially one that was burned by not doing enough.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Francis is Pejorative Slured. Totally forgot about 2 years ago in which the team was in a fight and imploded anyway.

I'll imagine they give up and lose like the classic Flames

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
lol, I win a game in Apex, turn the TV back to the game and Ottawa scores a second later.

Embarrassing to lose to Ottawa and Montreal AND get shut out by both.

Tank the season, get Lafraniere, this is stupid.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
1 goal for and 7 goals against on the road trip.

When will the top 5 GM start getting credit for building such a team? Hart and sole at least!

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
giphy.gif

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
This continues to be on Treliving folks. Very overrated GM. Has drafted one impact forward in 6 years. We have four top 6 forwards, two were brought in by Feaster and two by Treliving. Treliving has had 6 seasons. He should be on the hot seat.

Reactions: lightstorm

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
This continues to be on Treliving folks. Very overrated GM. Has drafted one impact forward in 6 years. We have 4 top 6 forwards, two were brought in by Feaster and two by Treliving. Treliving has had 6 seasons. He should be on the hot seat.

Stfu, he's a top 5 GM for getting us that pacific division banner. Thats all that matters, right?

1 playoff win in 5 years...

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
This continues to be on Treliving folks. Very overrated GM. Has drafted one impact forward in 6 years. We have four top 6 forwards, two were brought in by Feaster and two by Treliving. Treliving has had 6 seasons. He should be on the hot seat.

Sorry but he weasels himself a new contract from the cheap owners already....

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
This team is already on the break before the game started. Their effort, consistency, and overall mindset is just not good.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
****, he's a top 5 GM for getting us that pacific division banner. Thats all that matters, right?

1 playoff win in 5 years...

Come on man...give him some credit. He worked his ass off to get the team Lucic.....

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Come on man...give him some credit. He worked his ass off to get the team Lucic.....

Hell ya! We needed another top 6 RW and he turned that into a 4th line LW who is an absolute anchor when the team needs all the cap it can get (and Backs contract is starting to look awful as well). What is not to like?! :laugh:

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
After this game, we'll be 10-6-2 against bottom 10 teams, just not good enough, including being shutout with a -2 GD. If you can't beat the teams you're supposed to beat handily, you have no business getting to the dance.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
The faked news almost had us getting Brown for Jank...that would have been nice.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Very obviously thinking about the swim up bar and poolside bikini girls.

Laviolette I hope your phone is on.

Fat chance. You believe Brad makes a change? He let GG flush our season down the toilet.

Then again, I'm not convinced. This team has been bottom 5 in scoring 2 of the past 3 years. This core has a lot of ROT.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad