GDT: Calgary @ Ottawa - 2 PM MT

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
I like the puck control the Flames have had not rushing things with the shots 8 Flames - 1 Hamonic the shooting percentages should balance out a bit as the game goes on

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Solid period. 16-2 shots. But it is the sens and Hogberg so we can't expect to score. Own goal too, lol.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
My thoughts. I'm just so sick of Hamonic. Can't wait until he's gone.
I'm a huge Gaudreau fan but dude is playing so soft. He had the opportunity at least 4 times to go get the puck in the corner. He had the advantage and he backed off every single time and let the Sens D get it. He's never been a good back checker but he's just standing in our defensive zone near the blue line being absolutely useless.
I wish we could combine Bennett's grit and toughness with Gaudreau's talent, but alas we can't.
Shitty goal against, just pissed me right off.
This is an absolute easy 2 points and we're blowing it already.
If we lose this game this is going to be a long, long 10 days or however long this break is.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Base on script, they will come out flat to start the 2nd period and fall 4-0 before dominating the last 5 five minutes so they can pull the goalie with 4 mins left down 4-2.

Reactions: flames23

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Lucic 2 shots on goal.
Gaudreau 0 shots on goal.
Johnny needs to get his shit in order. If we make the playoffs and don't get through the 1st round I'm absolutely on board with trading him. Love Johnny, but hating his game this year.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Crash the damn net. I don't get it. Last year we would send in bombs and then outwork the other team and bang some pucks in. Now all they do is try to pick corn from outside the faceoff circle.

Reactions: Boomstick

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Yeah I don't see Hamonic bringing anything Stone couldn't out there. Except Stone can actually shoot.
Stone is better cause the coach wouldn't be stupid to play him that much....maybe

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Our transition game is godawful. It honestly reminds me of the darkest days under gulutzan, but now we are also a train wreck in our own zone. This is going to be a very ugly second half unless Rittich and talbot decide to go on a total tear and drag this sorry ass team to relevance.

I think we are going to miss the playoffs boys, and it’s going to a very ugly fall like in 2018.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Our offense has been so trash these last couple weeks. Its mind boggling why ward keeps backlund on the Gaudreau line. Like cmon change it up try Gaudreau with Lindholm or something, shake it up. I hope we hire a new coach soon not a fan of ward. Backlund cant play rw so why do they keep trying it?

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Our offense has been so trash these last couple weeks. Its mind boggling why ward keeps backlund on the Gaudreau line. Like cmon change it up try Gaudreau with Lindholm or something, shake it up. I hope we hire a new coach soon not a fan of ward. Backlund cant play rw so why do they keep trying it?

Backlund is in the useless group of the team. Today it looks bad because Monahan and Johnny who are part of the lazy group are MIA

Reactions: Boomstick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad