GDT: Calgary @ Ottawa - 2 PM MT

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
The best thing that can happen to the Flames over the break is hiring Gallant.

We don't need a coach that's going to be best friends with each of his players and allow them to decide when they want to show up to play or not while having terrible 5v5 systems.

We need a coach who respects his players but demands them to show up to play every game and have a strong work ethic while also having great 5v5 systems that will allow them to stay in games even when they're not at their best.

Today's game was the hockey Gods laughing at us for stealing so many underserved points over the last couple months that we got what we deserved despite dominating play.

Final tallies over this 3 game Eastern-Canadian road trip:

Goals For: 3
Goals Against: 8

Reminder: these 3 games were against teams that had a combined 2 wins in 22 games before playing us and had given up an average of 4.05 goals against per game

Reactions: FlamerForLife

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

We don't need a coach that's going to be best friends with each of his players and allow them to decide when they want to show up to play or not while having terrible 5v5 systems.

We need a coach who respects his players but demands them to show up to play every game and have a strong work ethic while also having great 5v5 systems that will allow them to stay in games even when they're not at their best.

Today's game was the hockey Gods laughing at us for stealing so many underserved points over the last couple months that we got what we deserved despite dominating play.

Final tallies over this 3 game Eastern-Canadian road trip:

Goals For: 3
Goals Against: 8

Reminder: these 3 games were against teams that had a combined 2 wins in 22 games before playing us and had given up an average of 4.05 goals against per game

CHEAP OWNERSHIP!

Better hope Rittich and Talbot play out of their goddamn minds, becuase there is no help on the way on that front.

Reactions: FerklundCGY

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary

No, we need me as coach

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
CHEAP OWNERSHIP!

Better hope Rittich and Talbot play out of their goddamn minds, becuase there is no help on the way on that front.

No chance. Rittich can steal a game or two but he is not work horse. Talbot has more questions than answers....a couple good games does not change my mind on him

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
No chance. Rittich can steal a game or two but he is not work horse. Talbot has more questions than answers....a couple good games does not change my mind on him

Ik, so see what I'm implying?

This organization isn't committed to winning, only getting those 2-3 games of playoff revenue so they can be profitable. Its been the same story for 30 years...

Fire Treliving

Jan 11, 2014
Just once in my lifetime I would like the Flames to stop being so ******* cheap and hire an elite coach.

Just once.

Once.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
One other thing; if you do not factor shootout goals as goals, we are currently a -17GD. Only team in the playoffs with that standing AINEC. Pacing for about the same GD as the 2017-18 Flames. I don't see how that is playoff caliber.

Reactions: Boomstick

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
One other thing; if you do not factor shootout goals as goals, we are currently a -17GD. Only team in the playoffs with that standing AINEC. Pacing for about the same GD as the 2017-18 Flames. I don't see how that is playoff caliber.
Sometimes I think it would be better if we just plummeted out of the playoff race. This team will fold in 4 games in the playoffs anyways.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
God f***ing damn it how do you lose to the Sens that don't even have their #1C?

HOW!!!!! Seriously, its goddamn embarrassing the lack of pride these players have.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boomstick

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Wasn't Keenan paid a lot?

Otherwise, its pretty sad though.

I can't remember how much he was paid, but the Flames were great under him. Over his two years, the Flames ranked:

CF%: 3rd (54.14%)
FF%: 7th (52.31%)
SF%: 9th (51.74%)
SCF%: 4th (54.17%)
HDCF%: 6th (52.86%)
xGF%: 4th (53.28%)

If I remember correctly, they were incredibly unlucky in terms of injuries come Playoff time both years

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Bennett centering Jankowski and Czarnik on the first line?

Bennett centering Tkachuk and Lindholm. He'd be on PK1 with Lindholm and PP1 with Tkachuk/Gaudreau/Lindholm/Kylington. He would have permission to log 22 minutes a night absolutelly pulling this team up emotionally and physically and dynamically. I'd put a letter on his jersey for sure too. More than that though, I'd rip into NHL officiating in the media for all the phantom calls they make on Bennett until the media has no choice but to call out the incompetency of the refs. Of course I'd work with Bennett on avoid the real penalties too, the high sticks and such, as Bob Hartley did in his first year.

But Bennett aside I can think of endless tweaks I'd make, from systems to personnel to practices. The team would play a fast style, aggressive but able to recover (which would go back to personnel usage).

Most importantly though?

My team would be a meritocracy based on 5v5 play. If you are having a crappy game five minutes in, it will be reflected in your ice time and PP time. You decide your icetime with your tenacity, sharpness, and willingness to compete and make plays.

So tonight, the players who actually showed up were guys like Kylington, Bennett, and Monahan, so they would have played more, while a certain D pair whose gaps cost us would have played fewer than ten minutes. I wouldn't play favourites though - every game's ice time would be determined by the players and they would have an opportunity to reset the next game.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Bennett centering Tkachuk and Lindholm. He'd be on PK1 with Lindholm and PP1 with Tkachuk/Gaudreau/Lindholm/Kylington. He would have permission to log 22 minutes a night absolutelly pulling this team up emotionally and physically and dynamically. I'd put a letter on his jersey for sure too. More than that though, I'd rip into NHL officiating in the media for all the phantom calls they make on Bennett until the media has no choice but to call out the incompetency of the refs. Of course I'd work with Bennett on avoid the real penalties too, the high sticks and such, as Bob Hartley did in his first year.

But Bennett aside I can think of endless tweaks I'd make, from systems to personnel to practices. The team would play a fast style, aggressive but able to recover (which would go back to personnel usage).

Most importantly though?

My team would be a meritocracy based on 5v5 play. If you are having a crappy game five minutes in, it will be reflected in your ice time and PP time. You decide your icetime with your tenacity, sharpness, and willingness to compete and make plays.

So tonight, the players who actually showed up were guys like Kylington, Bennett, and Monahan, so they would have played more, while a certain D pair whose gaps cost us would have played fewer than ten minutes. I wouldn't play favourites though - every game's ice time would be determined by the players and they would have an opportunity to reset the next game.

You would make more sense than Ward...he lost me when he dressed Lucic and Rinaldo together. He further lost me after this road trip....congrats.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad