Calgary or Vancouver?

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
Calgary, so that the Canucks streak of 40+ years and no cup in franchise history continues.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
Having said that, I'd be less disgusted if Calgary won, only because I'm hoping it would annoy MacT, Klowe & co. more. And if Burke could twist the knife a bit by saying they are the only playoff team in Alberta so we should all cheer for them, that would be great.

Actually there's a good point in here, but we need it to annoy Katz, to motivate him to finally stop the cronyism. That's one positive of Flames winning the series. If he smugly thought this would be the year we'd pass the flames, it rubs salt in the wound.

Playa Hejda

Oct 9, 2013
#yeg
Yup.
It's all about shaming Oilers management into giving up their posts.
Go Calgary. Go deep.

There's no upside to Calgary winning. It won't change anything in Edmonton and we'll have to deal with Flames fans. Likewise, there's no upside to Vancouver winning or Winnipeg or Montreal. Screw 'em all. I don't know any Tampa fans and they helped us out in '04. Go Lightning.

mbam99

Sep 3, 2003
Red Deer
Visit site
I'm only hoping for the Canucks so that we can still say, even though we haven't made the playoffs in 9 years, that we are still the last Alberta team to win a playoff round. I know it's not much but when I do bring it up, my flame friends get pissy. It's the little things.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Funny how personal experiences change your vendettas so much. I have met way more annoying Calgarians/Flames fans than I have Vancouverites/Canucks fans.

Anyone but Calgary for me for sure. It'd take a team full of Burrows' and Marchands for me to change my mind.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
The Flames shouldn't be here. Not just yet. So I don't mind them pulling this off.As for Vancouver, I hope they continue to try to win while doing a great job of failing.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The only teams that I'm kind of cheering for this postseason are Winnipeg, NYI and NYR in the 1st round against Pittsburgh.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
The poll question is worded very poorly worded. Is it which team do you wish to win?

In that case I have no preference which should be the third option.

What do you think would happen if there was a 3rd option? That's the point of the thread..

TheStroker

Jun 13, 2012
USA
Outside fan coming in peace. I'd almost think most Oiler fans would prefer if the Flames won because it would really rub it in Lowe/MacT's face about how bad they messed up their own team and how their neighbours down south have had such great success. You'd have to think that in some universe somewhere, that would make Katz mad and he'd clean house after witnessing the Flames success. It might be the lesser of 2 evils, but I would have to think that the longer of a run the Flames go on this post-season, the more pressure is on Katz to actually do something to fix his own team.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Outside fan coming in peace. I'd almost think most Oiler fans would prefer if the Flames won because it would really rub it in Lowe/MacT's face about how bad they messed up their own team and how their neighbours down south have had such great success. You'd have to think that in some universe somewhere, that would make Katz mad and he'd clean house after witnessing the Flames success. It might be the lesser of 2 evils, but I would have to think that the longer of a run the Flames go on this post-season, the more pressure is on Katz to actually do something to fix his own team.

If our owner hasn't figured it out yet he never will. I've lost all hope in him, he'd rather have 2 of his buddies run the show and fail miserably than remove them and the stigma that they've put on our team and turn a new leaf.

McQuixote

Jan 27, 2006
Edmonton, AB
I'm hoping the arena caves in and they both can't make it.

My normal answer in cases like this is for the earth to open up and swallow them both, but there's no way to not respect what Calgary has done this year (even if I question its sustainability), both from an on-ice perspective and as a means to underscore the incompetence of Oilers management.

Also Vancouver fans are in a class of bad all by themselves, all of the smugness of Red Wings fans, none of the success to back it up. The worst of the worst.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park

This guy gets it.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I want Vancouver.

The media has been falling over themselves for opportunities to praise the Flames in any way imaginable this season, and I'm quite frankly tired of hearing about them.

If the Nucks go to round 2 you probably don't hear too much about it from the National media, if the Flames make it the noise around that team will be unbearable to listen to. I hope the Nucks sweep them so that we don't have to unjustifiably hear about how the Flames are gods gift to hockey for another couple of weeks.

Also, with the sheer BS luck that team has had this year I have a legit fear that the Flames could pull off a miracle run if they find the right momentum. The Nucks are going nowhere past the second round if they move on.

Pennertration

Oct 25, 2007
Calgary
Because I'm originally from Medicine Hat, I'll take Vancouver. I have a soft spot for Trevor Linden and Willie. I also think the Canucks are becoming a bit more likeable since Kesler, Gillis and Torts left.

If the Canucks are able to purge Burrows, Kassian and Hansen in the near future, I will have virtually no hate left for them, outside of the typical rival stuff.

So, yeah, I'll take Vancouver over Calgary every day of the week. Beyond that series though, I'm hoping for a Jets-Sens final (and I'd be fine with the Hawks making the Final too).

DethOfDragnz

Sep 22, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I know in Edmonton you are not suppose to like Calagry but I was not born and raised in Alberta and I like Calgary. They are the biggest underdog of the season this year. Everyone myself included was expecting them to be near the very bottom of the league but now they are in the playoffs. I like to cheer for the underdog usually and I hope they win. Out of the Canadian teams Toronto and Vancouver are my least favorites. Toronto is almost always terrible and Vancouver is a good team but just something about their playing style I just don't like. I always hope all the Canadian teams make the playoffs I was cheering for them in their 2011 playoff run. Still I am a very big fan of the Canucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad