Calgary or Vancouver?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I'm torn. If Calgary advances then our Pittsburgh pick might be better. Except I hate Calgary.

Titsuple

Jun 23, 2009
edmonton
I hate both those teams with a passion, that being said I believe the flames earned a play off spot and good for them. I cant watch that series so option 3 no vote!

Playa Hejda

Oct 9, 2013
#yeg
I will cheer against Calgary slightly more than Vancouver, but this is the Oilfans version of Sophie's Choice.

Jmask83

Oct 3, 2009
I don't know but I really appreciated how the Canuck players came out last year and congratulated Smytty. I was very shocked. Don't think flames would do that.

AJGass4

Aug 19, 2011
Calgary gone in the first, Vancouver in the second. Why do I see shades of 2004 all over again.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
Having said that, I'd be less disgusted if Calgary won, only because I'm hoping it would annoy MacT, Klowe & co. more. And if Burke could twist the knife a bit by saying they are the only playoff team in Alberta so we should all cheer for them, that would be great.

Kepler 186f

Red Shifted
Dec 17, 2007
Winnipeg.

Or Minnesota, be great to see Dubnyk win the Cup. And the Conn Smythe.

Would look good on MacT.

n7

Oct 15, 2011
Edmonton
Why in the world would i cheer for either?

I'm cheering for ANA or WPG to ROFLstomp whoever makes it.

Blue And Orange

Oilers & Seahawks
Jan 21, 2010
Toronto
I-Hope-Both-Teams-Lose.jpg

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Will never cheer for the Flames but I think they take this series. Anaheim will have their hands full with Winnipeg and could be a rough series. Flames could make the WC finals.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Calgary.

Although I will be cheering for the Jets in the west, I think I will cheer for the Flames in this series, they play and exciting and passionate style of hockey that I envy very much. Plus I am so sick of hearing about how amazing the Canucks are from all of their fans. Hate the Sedins, Bieksa, Miller etc...

Edit: Saying that I will cheer for Calgary feels very wrong. I guess the rivalry between us just doesn't mean as much to me as it used to. Watching our games against Vancouver I have built up a greater hatred for that team than Calgary.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
I hate Vancouver and it's fans more, but I voted for Vancouver...

It's been longer since Calgary won a playoff series than Edmonton, and I like having that tidbit when dealing with Flames fans. I want that to stay true They've done nothing but exit in the first round since the Oilers cup run.

With Vancouver, the only concern is that they don't win a cup, which they won't.

Unfortunately, if I'm placing a bet it's on the flames, they're the better team.

Fat Balloon

Jan 20, 2010
I want to see the Battle of Alberta relevant again.

Id love to see the Oiler beat the Flames for the Western conference championship in a few years from now. It sucks that the Flames made it back to the playoffs first.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Having said that, I'd be less disgusted if Calgary won, only because I'm hoping it would annoy MacT, Klowe & co. more. And if Burke could twist the knife a bit by saying they are the only playoff team in Alberta so we should all cheer for them, that would be great.

Yup.
It's all about shaming Oilers management into giving up their posts.
Go Calgary. Go deep.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad