Friedman: Calgary looking for a winger with "a bit of edge"; possibly a goalie

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
You're not going to get anything good if you don't give anything good. Might wanna roll with what you have. You might get a middle 6 tweener but you're not gonna get anything really meaningful with a 1st and Andersson.

Is Michael Stone, who many around here said was one of the best dmen available, considered meaningful because he came at a price considerably cheaper than Andersson and a 1st. What people on this board think gets a deal done is a far cry from what real NHL GMs that actual negotiate with each other do. To answer your reply, yes, a 1st and Andersson can get something meaningful.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Klingberg and Ritchie for Brodie, Kylington, and Poirier. Gets a need in Ritchie while still a very dynamic D in Klingberg, while gives a need + 1, and Poirier makes sure that the Klingberg vs Brodie ends in who has more value.

Why on earth do we give up Brodie to downgrade to Klingberg? Drop both and go with Kylington and Poirier for Ritchie if that's what you want to do. Even then I don't think I'd give up Kylington. Just shows far too much potential.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Calgary needs to look for a goalie because their goalies stink.

Agreed, but so do most of the guys available.

I'd gladly do Mason for Elliott and a 4th (No 3rd rounder).

I wonder if people have ever watched a single Flames game this year, especially in the last month and a half. If you had, you'd know quite clearly that the goaltending is not the problem in Calgary. Get passed the stats and watch some hockey people. Brian Elliott has been a rock solid #1 for quite a stretch now and Johnson has looked good as the backup. Did you see the couple of game saving saves Elliott made against Nashville? Or how he was completely hung out to dry on every single one of those goals? Fix the defence first and then you'll see the goalies really show what they can do. Please explain to me how any of these goalies are the answer over what Calgary has? Fleury? No. Bishop? Sure but not at the asking price and contract.

So tired of hearing how bad the Flames goaltending is. It just shows more and more how little people actually watch games before making comments.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Rangers need a RHD , Calgary need a goalie , how about Lundqvist

I dont think there's a possible trade with those specs. RHD is not a strength for the Flames (not trading Hamilton) and I'm pretty sure Rangers are not even a bit interested trading Lundqvist for any RHD Flames are willing to part.

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's
I agree 100% but this fits both needs of Calgary with 1 trade partner 5.5 M cap dump + getting an established 1st line Winger .

i'd do JVR

For Hamilton + Wideman easily but i doubt flames fans deal their best D man

of course you would. I'm a Leaf fan that loves JVR, and I argue with people who put him down with BS all the time. But there is no chance, in any way, shape, or form that Calgary moves Hamilton for him.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Jokkipakka is awful but I could see someone giving a 6th or 7th because he is a big guy that can skate well.

While I think Sakic would have more interest in a pick or player like Kulak, in the end, Jokipakka may end up being the best he could get for Iggy @50%. And the Avs love acquiring all the fringe Dmen.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Originally Posted by snipetype View Post
Jokkipakka is awful but I could see someone giving a 6th or 7th because he is a big guy that can skate well.

Leave Beef-Jyrki alone

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Klingberg and Ritchie for Brodie, Kylington, and Poirier. Gets a need in Ritchie while still a very dynamic D in Klingberg, while gives a need + 1, and Poirier makes sure that the Klingberg vs Brodie ends in who has more value.

You keep beating the Brodie for Klingberg drum and it's never going to happen :laugh::laugh:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
How come? We have a good number of lefties in our system but no RHD's with good two way ability so Andersson would be our target.

Rasmus is debatably Calgary's #1 prospect.
He started the year as a 19 year old Pro; plays the #1D role in Stockton against the other teams' best players every night; has an excellent goal differential; he's near a .5ppg clip on kind of a weak team. He's got okay size (stocky as hell) and skates very well.

Huska (Stockton's coach) raves about the kid. He's likely going to be an NHL'er sooner rather than later. I could see him as Calgary's 6D next year even.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I said it before, Calgary is better off just getting some more depth than getting a young star; the cost associated would be heavy.

I'd rather pay a 6th or something for Iggy, versus a 1st + Prospect for Kane or Landeskog or something.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I said it before, Calgary is better off just getting some more depth than getting a young star; the cost associated would be heavy.

I'd rather pay a 6th or something for Iggy, versus a 1st + Prospect for Kane or Landeskog or something.
If the Flames can pull another wizard like Hamilton deal, then yes, trade assets. Otherwise hold them.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
I just wish Calgary would blow JR away with an offer he can't refuse for Fleury. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it's happening. :(

And I just wish the Penguins get stuck with Fleury's buyout. Would serve Rutherford right for thinking the 6th overall pick was fair value last June.

Thank goodness for his greed otherwise the Flames might have been stuck with a declining and overpaid Fleury for another two years.

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
Bit of an edge huh? Willing to bless you with Hart/Rocket winner Corey Perry in exchange for that little runt of the litter Johnald Goodthrow or whatever his name is.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Bit of an edge huh? Willing to bless you with Hart/Rocket winner Corey Perry in exchange for that little runt of the litter Johnald Goodthrow or whatever his name is.
Don't get me wrong, I like Perry, but there is no chance that happens.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007

Correy Perry turns 32 this off season, and is having a terrible year. No.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad