Friedman: Calgary looking for a winger with "a bit of edge"; possibly a goalie

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Who's out there that fits the description?

Craig Conroy (AGM) said during a Flames game a while back that they are looking for age appropriate players, and aren't looking for a rental.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Matt Beleskey for your teams washing machine.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Sounds like Drew Stafford, but I think Iginla fits the bill 100% here. Most likely isn't winning a Stanley Cup, should retire where it matters.

I think Bishop should be their guy when it comes to goaltending. Flames haven't had good Karma for goaltending, all they've had for goalies are Mike Vernon, Roman Turek and Miikka Kiprusoff (last amazing goalie the Flames ever had).

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
I would think with Tkachuk, Bouma, Ferland, Brouwer, and Chiasson, and Hathaway, Bollig, Carroll and Smith in the AHL that the Flames have already cornered the market on "wingers with an edge", and then I remember that their team President is still Brian Burke and everything makes sense again.

I wonder if Ryan White might be a fit there.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Iggy does sound like a match here. He'll come as a cheap asset. Would be pretty much an equivalent Chiasson without the needless spears and infinite more toughness/character.

Aug 3, 2010
Komarov. We need D.

Calgary has a small surplus of depth on defence. More importantly it's rumoured that Toronto is interested in Wideman.

Would a Komarov-Wideman swap work somehow as a basis?

Something around Chiasson + Wideman (50% retained) for Komarov? That's just to balance cap hits, but obviously pieces can chang, such as swapping Chiasson for Wotherspoon or Jokipakka to start.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Sounds like Drew Stafford, but I think Iginla fits the bill 100% here. Most likely isn't winning a Stanley Cup, should retire where it matters.

I think Bishop should be their guy when it comes to goaltending. Flames haven't had good Karma for goaltending, all they've had for goalies are Mike Vernon, Roman Turek and Miikka Kiprusoff (last amazing goalie the Flames ever had).

Iggy does sound like a match here. He'll come as a cheap asset. Would be pretty much an equivalent Chiasson without the needless spears and infinite more toughness/character.

Iginla blows. He shouldn't even be in the NHL anymore.

Don't get me wrong, i'd love to see him have a one more run at it with his old team and then retire, but don't expect anything from him.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I'd take Iginla back to play on the 4th line and on the PP with Gaudreau and Monahan just so I wouldn't have to see Versteeg there anymore.

The team is in great need of a legitimate RW on the top line, but there's no one realistically available for us right now except for rentals, of which I would only consider taking Vrbata or Sharp.

As for goalies, no one entices me and I actually think we have a good thing going with Elliott and Johnson and really hope we stick with them

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
Widemans rumored to Toronto? Calgary looking for a winger ? JVR's on the block

JVR

For

Wideman as the dump what else would work here?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad