Friedman: Calgary looking for a winger with "a bit of edge"; possibly a goalie

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
I would love to get Komarov without giving up a core piece or 1st.

would any of our rotating #5 D + picks work?
Jokkipaka / Wideman(50%) / Wotherspoon + 2nd + 5th?

The Blunder Years

Nov 11, 2013
Kane + Nilsson for Dougie?:sarcasm: don't think flames fans would even consider this but I vaguely remember Dougie being dangled in rumors last year. I know Brodie is having a down year but maybe him.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Kane + Nilsson for Dougie?:sarcasm: don't think flames fans would even consider this but I vaguely remember Dougie being dangled in rumors last year. I know Brodie is having a down year but maybe him.

Those rumors were untrue, and Brodie has had a big blow to his personal life so I'm not willing to deal him at all as he's earned a chance at a bounce back season.

The Flames aren't going to trade Brodie or Hamilton, they will probably look at moving Gio but not this year.

I wouldn't trade a top 3 blueliner for a guy like Kane at all. His cap hit, UFA status after next year and his team troubles in the past don't make him someone that screams super big value.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
It's funny when you look at the moves the Flames actually pull off and the offer being made here...the Flames don't trade their young assets for older players. The Flames have been very successful at moving non-core pieces and lower end draft picks for players.

These are the kinds of moves the Flames are likely to make. Players like Hamilton, Bennett, Brodie, etc.. are a non-starter.

Likely deals will involve our 2nd going for a roster player, or us moving a player like Stajan for a 3rd. These are the kinds of moves typical for the current Flames management.

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
Komarov may be a fit, but if your looking to make a smaller deal Soshnikov is possibly a better fit.

A little wrecking ball with a lethal shot.

I value Soshnikov more than Komarov long term. He has more speed, a better shot, and is really close to Komarov's 5on5 P/60 while being 7 years younger and playing with Martin & Smith as opposed to Kadri & Nylander/Leivo. Soshnikov is eventually Komarov's replacement but I don't think we are ready for that. When Marner is back, I think Komarov may be our 4th line center between Martin and Soshnikov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad