Value of: Calgary Guys

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Not a Flames fan but as a hockey fan living in Calgary obviously keep a pulse on the team.
Just wondering what Flames fan expect for a couple of guys (Gaudreau and Gio).

I think Calgary should try and get a center for Gaudreau. They may like a more established one but what about McMichael?
Thinking McMichael + Vrana (for cap) for Gaudreau.
Calgary may need to retain to make cap work

As for Gio I think there are alot of teams looking to add. Winnipeg, Carolina and Boston all pop out to me. Honestly I think a 2nd or maybe a conditional 1st would be a good get.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Not a Flames fan but as a hockey fan living in Calgary obviously keep a pulse on the team.

I think Calgary should try and get a center for Gaudreau. They may like a more established one but what about McMichael?

As for Gio I think there are alot of teams looking to add. Winnipeg, Carolina and Boston all pop out to me. Honestly I think a 2nd or maybe a conditional 1st would be a good get.

I would think the Jets could use Gio. They are maybe 1 top 4 dman away from being a serious contender.

Reactions: Sweetpotato

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011

Vrana is a pretty good player. I don't love McMichael, but I'd do it for Vrana.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017

For Gio I'd agree with a couple of early picks maybe do 2nd + 2nd(both are conditional on the acquiring team making it past tge 2nd round)

As for Gaudreau, unless Calgary can improve the core/future core, i think they'll let him walk

And for a person who lives in Calgary, i would love to know when the ownership finally agreed to pay a player who doesn't play for Calgary, cause that's been their stance on retention since Hart bought in.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
I still don't see any reason to get rid of Gaudreau. Trading him makes us even more mediocre. Honestly he'd be the last forward on the roster I'd be interested in trading.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
For Gio I'd agree with a couple of early picks maybe do 2nd + 2nd(both are conditional on the acquiring team making it past tge 2nd round)

As for Gaudreau, unless Calgary can improve the core/future core, i think they'll let him walk

And for a person who lives in Calgary, i would love to know when the ownership finally agreed to pay a player who doesn't play for Calgary, cause that's been their stance on retention since Hart bought in.

well Brouwer's buy out is still on the books. As is stone's though he was re-signed after buyout last year (still so odd). by ya in a retention deal I do not think the Flames have done it.

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
I love Gio and want to give him the best shot at a cup but realistically any non-competitive team wouldn't need him and any competitive team would have serious trouble adding his 6.75 for next season without taking any cap back. I'm not sure we'll be able to trade him for even a 2nd without retention or taking a cap dump back. I feel like the best we can do is 2nd+short term cap dump (Giordano for Mathieu Perrault+2nd is prob the best deal I've seen) or 3rd+prospect. Would any team beat those offers without sending us a cap dump who is under contract for next season?

Reactions: YP44

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
well Brouwer's buy out is still on the books. As is stone's though he was re-signed after buyout last year (still so odd). by ya in a retention deal I do not think the Flames have done it.

Buy out is different than retaining on a player, buyout obviously means it wasn't working out(Calgary bought out Stone during Bennett's arbitration, therefore the rules didn't apply to the regular buyout window) and they wouldn't retain on Iggy or Dion or Neal, its not changing until Hart changes his mind on it(im pretty sure it's him who doesn't want to retain/not saying its a fact that it's him)

Just the organization will not retain in any trade until they do it, fans have to realize that's how the Flames have been and will be until they do it in an actual trade

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Buy out is different than retaining on a player, buyout obviously means it wasn't working out(Calgary bought out Stone during Bennett's arbitration, therefore the rules didn't apply to the regular buyout window) and they wouldn't retain on Iggy or Dion or Neal, its not changing until Hart changes his mind on it(im pretty sure it's him who doesn't want to retain/not saying its a fact that it's him)

Just the organization will not retain in any trade until they do it, fans have to realize that's how the Flames have been and will be until they do it in an actual trade

i agree with you that the Flames have seemed very reluctant to do it, but I wonder how many other teams have never retained on contracts when dealing players.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Jets need RHD, not LHD.... thanks, but no thanks

To be fair one top 4 guy just puts the Jets into the mix with a bunch of other teams.....but doesn’t make us favourites or serious contenders. Jets need two top 4 guys IMO to be serious contenders in the NHL and that just isn’t realistic to get at the TDL so that’s why I would pass on all top 4 guys this TDL. If I wanted to add anything it would be a lower cost guy nothing more.

2022 Stanley Cup

Aug 15, 2015
Mississauga
Nothing to say but has Gio really dropped off that much? A year or two ago we'd be talking moving like 2 1sts + more. Also do you like Brodie leaving has had something to do with his play?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad