Prospect Info: Cale Makar - D [4th Overall] Part II: #OrrIsTheFloor Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
The amount of goals he has scored in comparison to the guy he replaced. 5-0 :sarcasm:
I know you are joking but that couldn't be true anyway because we have been told many times by many that he wasn't on the team to replace Barrie. He is supposed to replace EJ.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Makar will replace EJ as the #1D on the Avs, but in terms of role, he replaced Barrie's role as the #1 offensive D man that gets paired with the top line most shifts, and sees #1 PP time.

Timmins is the guy that will eventually replace EJ's role as the two way shutdown guy.

They may get shifted around every once in a while, but if everyone stays healthy, this most like will be the Avs top 4 for a long time. And it will be one of the main reasons they can stay competitive for a long time.

Girard - Makar
Byram - Timmins

ThatAvsGamer

Feb 21, 2013
Ontario
I'm curious, what do you think we were talking about?
hint: it wasn't about Makar
No, it was about Makar LMAO.

MAKAR COLLECTS FOUR ASSISTS TO ECLIPSE 20 CAREER POINTS

Makar_Media-17021907.png

Let's send him down tho because his puck possession numbers are too high :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
It's funny that the "send him down" meme is still alive despite the fact that I'm the only person who even came close to suggesting it, and it was completely conditional on his play not improving, which it obviously did. Literally no one ever suggested actually sending him down.

Meanwhile, he's happily developing and racking up points. I don't expect it to continue (he's never played an 82 game season), but I really like how his game has progressed so far.

Last edited:

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
It's funny that the "send him down" meme is still alive despite the fact that I'm the only person who even came close to suggesting it, and it was completely conditional on his play not improving, which is obviously did. Literally no one ever suggested actually sending him down.
You should still be embarrassed for that shameful suggestion :sarcasm:

Yeah, it's kinda weird that the send him down comment has become such a thing here

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
It's funny that the "send him down" meme is still alive despite the fact that I'm the only person who even came close to suggesting it, and it was completely conditional on his play not improving, which it obviously did. Literally no one ever suggested actually sending him down.

Meanwhile, he's happily developing and racking up points. I don't expect it to continue (he's never played an 82 game season), but I really like how his game has progressed so far.

Especially considering you didn’t say “we need to send him down right now.” It was more along the lines of “if he continues to struggle and gets worse, maybe we should consider it.”

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

When people ask me how Cale Makar is having such a good season, I just tell them that, “Mark T’s reputation had to die, so that Makar could start hitting his potential.”

Haha, totally kidding man. You did actually only say, that you thought he was struggling and IF it continues he should be sent down.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
I was one of the more vocal in the discussion with MarkT about Makar getting sent down, and even I know he only meant if the seeming struggles continued.

But it is a thing here now, much like the Wilson is dead, Aves misspelling, and other inanities.

Slurpeelover27

Unleash the MaKaraken!!!
Mar 7, 2018
British Columbia
Fox is underrated or just not given much notice yet. I would even say he is possibly better than Quinn Hughes. Last 10 or so games he is out producing Hughes and is now on top Rangers powerplay. I can easily see him top 3 in Calder voting at end of year. Both Fox and Hughes not at Makar level though, but who is?

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
It’s weird to say, because they play different positions, but I think MacKinnon is the perfect player for Makar to learn from.

They have so many similarities in their abilities on the ice. The quickness, speed, offensive awareness. I think if he works with MacKinnon on what he did early in his career it will pay off big time.

MacK still does lots of brain dead things that Makar should avoid picking up.

Reactions: CobraAcesS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad