Prospect Info: Cale Makar - D [4th Overall] Part II: #OrrIsTheFloor Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
My post of Cale Makar tipping his hat was deleted with a comment of “Stay on-topic” yet the posts about women continue.

If I knew who deleted it, I would PM them but I guess this is the only way.

Speak up.

Me too. However my posts were calling a girl a broad shouldered Goliath so it was probably deserved lol.

I personally feel like any post regarding height is grandfathered in as relevant in any Makar thread.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
My post of Cale Makar tipping his hat was deleted with a comment of “Stay on-topic” yet the posts about women continue.

If I knew who deleted it, I would PM them but I guess this is the only way.

Speak up.

Well my reply to cobra about short women got deleted so there doesn’t seem to be much rhyme or reason to it

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
That's one of the stranger ones to me. Unless there's something else I'm forgetting, he gets booed non-stop because of one play against MacKinnon, which wasn't even all that over the top. I'm pretty sure the two of them are actually cool too.

I think it's kinda moronic for the fans to focus on him so much frankly, but whatever. Soooooooo many other players deserving of the boos than that guy. And he's not even on the same team, nor is he really even much of a factor anymore, so who the f*** cares?

And speaking of that particular incident, pretty sure MacKinnon did something to instigate Subban losing his shit to begin with. Doesn't justify it but let's not act like MacKinnon doesn't play with a bit of an edge himself.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I think it's kinda moronic for the fans to focus on him so much frankly, but whatever. Soooooooo many other players deserving of the boos than that guy. And he's not even on the same team, nor is he really even much of a factor anymore, so who the **** cares?

And speaking of that particular incident, pretty sure MacKinnon did something to instigate Subban losing his **** to begin with. Doesn't justify it but let's not act like MacKinnon doesn't play with a bit of an edge himself.

Lets not also overlook the fact that we glorify Adam Foote. Who did stuff infinitely worse than what PK did to Mack, which also wasn't that bad. Just hockey really.

LTC Pain

Jul 1, 2006
Colorado Springs, CO
What does Pietrangelo mean by "he's the anomaly" ?
An anomaly is an abnormality, a blip on the screen of life that doesn't fit with the rest of the pattern. If you are a breeder of black dogs and one puppy comes out pink, that puppy is an anomaly. The noun anomaly comes from the Greek word anomolia, meaning "uneven” or “irregular.”

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
People like to hate... simple as that. Hell, I was hopping around Little Caesars Arena a few weeks ago and a picture of Pepe turtling is in that building... over 20 years later.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
What does Pietrangelo mean by "he's the anomaly" ?

Pietrangelo was saying the fact that he's being brought up and asked about is because Makar is different. His adaptation to the league and skill he has is making him standout. Clark has been working on this article for a while and he's asked those questions in different scrums throughout the league.

Reactions: Tralfamadore

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
People like to hate... simple as that. Hell, I was hopping around Little Caesars Arena a few weeks ago and a picture of Pepe turtling is in that building... over 20 years later.

Hope you sat in the lower bowel. Anywhere else the leg room is designed for little people.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I mean... isn't all of Detroit in the lower bowels?
DeliriousRealisticFruitfly-size_restricted.gif

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
An anomaly is an abnormality, a blip on the screen of life that doesn't fit with the rest of the pattern. If you are a breeder of black dogs and one puppy comes out pink, that puppy is an anomaly. The noun anomaly comes from the Greek word anomolia, meaning "uneven” or “irregular.”

Pietrangelo was saying the fact that he's being brought up and asked about is because Makar is different. His adaptation to the league and skill he has is making him standout. Clark has been working on this article for a while and he's asked those questions in different scrums throughout the league.

These are fun, another!

What does Duncan Keith mean by saying he would’ve taken Mackinnon with the “first pick”?

Reactions: Tralfamadore
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad