Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
90847E14-47E6-4ACE-BB1C-8361BC0ADF0E.png

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
STL board is voting Perron en masse.

Do your part, Avs fans.
Makar is doing something as a rookie that hasn’t been done since Nick Lidstrom. f*** David Perron and the St. Louis Blues! f*** them in their stupid asses

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
Gee I wonder who’s better for marketing the sport. An exciting 20 year old putting up once in a generation numbers or David f***ing Perron. The NHL will rig this if Makar doesnt get in outright.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I dunno, I have a feeling Cale could receive 0 votes and he'd still get in.

The fact the Blues already have 3 guys going(The usual number for the hosting team), and the fact the Central has 6 forwards but only 2 Dmen going so far....

It kind of just lends itself to Makar being the "last man in" and getting voted in when really it was just the NHLs plan all along.

But maybe that's just me being a cynic

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Gee I wonder who’s better for marketing the sport. An exciting 20 year old putting up once in a generation numbers or David ****ing Perron. The NHL will rig this if Makar doesnt get in outright.

On the other hand, Perron is having an amazing season and STL is hosting the ASG. You could say that they already have 3 guys...but Tampa (who was the host) had 4 guys in 2018. I agree it should be Makar but it sure could be Perron.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
On the other hand, Perron is having an amazing season and STL is hosting the ASG. You could say that they already have 3 guys...but Tampa (who was the host) had 4 guys in 2018. I agree it should be Makar but it sure could be Perron.

"Amazing season"

The dude has 40 points, give me a break

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I dunno, I have a feeling Cale could receive 0 votes and he'd still get in.

The fact the Blues already have 3 guys going(The usual number for the hosting team), and the fact the Central has 6 forwards but only 2 Dmen going so far....

It kind of just lends itself to Makar being the "last man in" and getting voted in when really it was just the NHLs plan all along.

But maybe that's just me being a cynic
I think this too.
Perron will get in at some point to replace an injured guy and the St. Louis home crowd will be pleased. Makar will get the last man in vote to help the NHL from a marketing standpoint (plus he's actually deserving of it). Everybody wins.

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
Damn, Victor Olofsson out 5-6 weeks... you hate to see it go down that way, but that essentially means the Calder is a two man race between Cale and Quinn at this point, with Makar already with the upper hand.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Are you saying it's not an amazing season? That's top 20 in the NHL and more than a good chunk of the other guys there.
As amazing as being the 7th leading scorer among defensemen? As a rookie? And having a handful (or more) fewer games than most of the rest of the top 20 Dmen? Which puts him as 4th highest P/Gm for defensemen. Also, he is 3rd D in the West (and Central....Hughes is tops for the Pacific).

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
As amazing as being the 7th leading scorer among defensemen? As a rookie? And having a handful (or more) fewer games than most of the rest of the top 20 Dmen? Which puts him as 4th highest P/Gm for defensemen. Also, he is 3rd D in the West (and Central....Hughes is tops for the Pacific).
Are you high? I'm the one spamming the vote for Makar link, you don't need to sell it to me.

Reactions: Tweaky

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I'm guessing Makar is going to get a ton of votes from fans of other teams, the hockey world all knows what he's doing and they're not going to vote Perron/Suter over him without loyalty ties.

Now Toews getting all that Chicago love, that's what I'm worried about. Chicago players usually dominate in NHL popularity voting. We'll see if them not being good anymore effect that.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Barkov, Teravainen, Makar, and Keller. I wont argue Marner, or Hughes/MaxPac, though. Few others that I could see as well....but plenty of NFW choices too.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Barkov, Teravainen, Makar, and Hughes get my votes. Tough call between Hughes and Pacioretty for the Pacific but if Cale deserves to be in for what he's accomplishing as a rookie, so should Quinn.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Vote the stars in while they're young and before they wise up and decline the invite.

Reactions: Balthazar

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
MAF declined to go but one game suspension for a goalie is nothing (other than money).

I wonder if some teams are willing to cover the loss of income because it directly benefits them for the players not to go.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
I wonder if some teams are willing to cover the loss of income because it directly benefits them for the players not to go.
Not allowed. Would be cap circumvention. The pay lost due to suspension is still paid to the player, but mandated to go to the NHL Players' Emergency Assistance Fund. If the team (or anyone else) were to pay the fine for him, it would be additional income for the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad