Prospect Info: Cale Makar - D [4th Overall] Part II: #OrrIsTheFloor Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
On the bright side, Hughes has 3 points in 7 games and is a -8 since Makar went down.

Not surprisingly Hughes stat progression when to hell when Vancouver remembered they're not very good at hockey. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Makar creates some distance in the second half of the season.

If it was in question, I'd hold out Makar out until after the Christmas break just to be safe. I personally don't give two shits about the Calder trophy, Makar being truly 100% is far more important.

Reactions: HugeMetalFan

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Not surprisingly Hughes stat progression when to hell when Vancouver remembered they're not very good at hockey. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Makar creates some distance in the second half of the season.

If it was in question, I'd hold out Makar out until after the Christmas break just to be safe. I personally don't give two ****s about the Calder trophy, Makar being truly 100% is far more important.
I think Olofsson is a bigger threat than Hughes at this point.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
giphy.gif

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Makar is my favorite player on the team and it's just not been the same watching with him sidelined. He's unbelievable on the ice. That said I'm glad they are not just throwing him back out there if it's still injured.

This. I don't care if we lose a couple of points, that we could've had, during this part of the season as long as we make sure that Cale is as fit for the rest of the season as we can get him. Even if we make the additions that some of us want...something like Pageau + Murray...our playoff hopes will still rest heavily on Cale & 9296 being at the top of their games.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
This. I don't care if we lose a couple of points, that we could've had, during this part of the season as long as we make sure that Cale is as fit for the rest of the season as we can get him. Even if we make the additions that some of us want...something like Drai + Murray...our playoff hopes will still rest heavily on Cale & 9296 being at the top of their games.

FTFY :sarcasm:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
One (kinda) positive aspect of Makar's injury is he'll be well rested. People are always talking about college guys hitting a wall in their first year in the NHL...well that should help a little at least.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
When Cale Makar returns I think Avalanche fans will react similar to the audience at the Catalina Wine Mixer during Will Ferrell’s performance.

Different situations, but similar impact.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Anyone else trying to vote Makar in to the ASG?

I am torn, give him the props, or let him rest?

If he's healthy, I say give him props. He had nearly three weeks off already with his injury and the holiday break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad