Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
tenor.gif
giphy.gif

Reactions: Barklez

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
I suggest everyone vote, seeing as how the Avs have 11 days off after the ASG. Last chance to see MacK, and maybe Cale, for awhile.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I like the more relaxed atmosphere concerning the coverage. Players are a lot less guarded and more friendly, broadcasters a lot more casual. I also like the skills competition (especially given the fact that Nikita Kucherov learned Carey Price was vulnerable to a particular move and then later used it in a game situation :laugh: ) and the highlights therein, but I really don't care at all about the game itself. Players simply aren't trying, so why should I try to watch?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I like the more relaxed atmosphere concerning the coverage. Players are a lot less guarded and more friendly, broadcasters a lot more casual. I also like the skills competition (especially given the fact that Nikita Kucherov learned Carey Price was vulnerable to a particular move and then later used it in a game situation :laugh: ) and the highlights therein, but I really don't care at all about the game itself. Players simply aren't trying, so why should I try to watch?

*Holtby. But yes all around I agree.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
This.

I've actively been voting against Makar :laugh: I'd much rather he get the weeks rest and reset for the last 1/3 of the year. Especially as a College kid who's never played more than ~50 games in a season.

He could use that rest.

We have 1 game in 2 weeks. There does come a point where rest turns to rust. I know the ASG isn't going to change that, but he's also not going to become fatigued because he flew to St. Louis and played in an exhibition.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
We have 1 game in 2 weeks. There does come a point where rest turns to rust. I know the ASG isn't going to change that, but he's also not going to become fatigued because he flew to St. Louis and played in an exhibition.

Exactly. He's got injured for 3 weeks, too.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Avs twitter really screwed the pooch by diverting all of the initial votes to MacK to be captain. I bet Makar would've made it first ballot otherwise. Oh well

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Avs twitter really screwed the pooch by diverting all of the initial votes to MacK to be captain. I bet Makar would've made it first ballot otherwise. Oh well
Blues' official social media and TV broadcast pushed real hard for Perron.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Blues' official social media and TV broadcast pushed real hard for Perron.
He didn't win the vote, it was rigged. Game is in St Louis, they "vote" in another St Louis player and also Oshie who was a fan favorite there when he was there.

The fact that Makar isn't there is a black eye on the league, he was very deserving and is posting astronomical numbers that haven't been done in years for rookie dmen.

But yes let's push that 31 year old who is having his best season, with meh numbers into the game and try and market him over the 21 year old rookie putting up absurd numbers. That makes tons of sense... wouldn't want the fans to see a super talented rookie who does stuff Perron could only dream about doing, when they could see an average 31 year old, who happens to be having a good year that doesn't bring much wow factor to the table.

Good job NHL way to market your sport.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He didn't win the vote, it was rigged. Game is in St Louis, they "vote" in another St Louis player and also Oshie who was a fan favorite there when he was there.

The fact that Makar isn't there is a black eye on the league, he was very deserving and is posting astronomical numbers that haven't been done in years for rookie dmen.

But yes let's push that 31 year old who is having his best season, with meh numbers into the game and try and market him over the 21 year old rookie putting up absurd numbers. That makes tons of sense... wouldn't want the fans to see a super talented rookie who does stuff Perron could only dream about doing, when they could see an average 31 year old, who happens to be having a good year that doesn't bring much wow factor to the table.

Oh chet. Why does it not surprise me to see this coming from you :laugh:

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006

Barely anyone except avid hockey fans have heard of Makar.

Having some town heroes makes a difference for the kids in St Louis. All star games are for the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad