Prospect Info: Cale Makar - D [4th Overall] Part II: #OrrIsTheFloor Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Yeah lets hope this is what it was.

Avs blue line and the whole team would look completely different without Makar. I'm not sure they could make up for his absence the way they could with Mikko, Landy, and EJ. Maybe if Byram or Timmins were here to chip in on production, but I'm not sure G has enough offense in him to do it alone. EJ would have to come back and find his old offensive game.
upload_2019-12-7_23-13-28.gif

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
never like to see it happen, but injuries are all part of the gig. If he is out for a spell, hopefully he doesn't miss anything more than a game or two. and wish him a speedy recovery.

a treat to watch him do hockey.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
He looks immediately stunned by the hit, shakes his head, skates around disengaged. Definitely enough momentum to bounce his brain off his skull, it doesn't take much head contact (or any) to cause a concussion. Looks like the immediate reaction of a guy with a head injury to me, from the clips. Like I said though, I didn't watch the game.
Either that, or he's in a lot of pain from a separated shoulder, and is dazed by all the endorphins flooding his system. That's more where I'm leaning. Shock from sudden sharp pain can leave you as disoriented as getting your bell ring.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
I'm a doctor to the extent that I also use WebMD. However, I doubt that Makar would be able to return to his position and follow the play for 7-10 seconds with either dislocated shoulder or (let alone) concussion. This or his pain level is different from us, mere mortals.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
More speculation of course but it looks like he might have been flexing his left shoulder as he's walking down the tunnel.
Looks like he was grabbing at it after the hit and pointed at it before he went down the tunnel on another clip I saw.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Who remembers when people wanted Makar to go back to the minors when he had 8 points in 9 games?
It was only one poster and in his defense he was saying "only if he continues to struggle in his own zone" which in all fairness he was...regardless of how many points he had. By around game 12 he started to be a lot stronger in all three zones and he never mentioned it again.

It sucks that he got hurt but I have decided to see the positive out of this unfortunate situation. A few days rest will do him a world of good. He is already at 75% of all the games he played last season in about 33% of the time. He can use the rest. That will help him a lot going forward.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

hockeyviking

Jan 8, 2012
malmo
I'm a doctor to the extent that I also use WebMD. However, I doubt that Makar would be able to return to his position and follow the play for 7-10 seconds with either dislocated shoulder or (let alone) concussion. This or his pain level is different from us, mere mortals.
I have dislocated my shoulder after 5 min of a game i could put it back fast. And i still players all 60 minutes. I was a goalie and it was my catcher hand..... didnt feel much during the game but after is another story. I dont think i was his shoulder but the collarbone it can dislocate to.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I have dislocated my shoulder after 5 min of a game i could put it back fast. And i still players all 60 minutes. I was a goalie and it was my catcher hand..... didnt feel much during the game but after is another story. I dont think i was his shoulder but the collarbone it can dislocate to.

Yeah, adrenaline is a crazy thing. The one time I got concussed playing hockey I finished the game and nobody noticed that I wasn't really there until we were off the ice...and even then my father, at first, thought that I was just exhausted from being double-shifted all game long; as part of our team couldn't make it through the snow.

It's one thing when you shatter your leg into 5 separate pieces, one of them sticking out of the side of your leg, with a bike frame wrapped around it. In that case; adrenaline is only going to help you teach a small german village a whole bunch of american swear words as your 11 year old self can't do anything but scream until the ambulance finally arrives to knock you out for the next 3 days.

But there are a lot of serious injuries like concussions, dislocations, strains/pulls & even some ligament tears, that won't immediately incapacitate you & that adrenaline can absolutely carry you through.

Last edited:
Reactions: MacBradley
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad