GDT: Calder Cup Finals Game 5 | Syracuse Crunch @ Grand Rapids Griffins | 06/15 | 7:00 PM

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
He overcommits on shots like nobodies business, notice how often he ends up 2 or 3 feet outside the paint after even a simple shot or a toe-drag, he needs to get much better at playing angles and staying in front of the net before he can be moved to the NHL.

and wasn't there an article about ozzie helping mrazek just yesterday or so? how he wants mrazek to be more aggressive? probably that is the reason behind this. mrazek is trying to improve his game with new ideas and it's not yet working well, but that's part of development.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
You were up 3-0 in the series and now 3-1. **** pressure.

Their goalie is playing out of his mind.

It's always like that, before game 4 they were just playing. A few thoughts about maybe getting a sweep pop up and the mental ball gets rolling.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
He overcommits on shots like nobodies business, notice how often he ends up 2 or 3 feet outside the paint after even a simple shot or a toe-drag, he needs to get much better at playing angles and staying in front of the net before he can be moved to the NHL.
Let's not forget that he's a rookie. He's going to be inconsistent like this, and he'll have kinks to work out. He's at least got two more years in GR to develop. I have a lot of faith, though. He's a fantastic prospect.

Aug 6, 2012
Well this is a great learning opportunity for the kids. Win #4 is always the toughest and its not going to get any easier than it is tonight.

Gyldenlove

Jun 10, 2013
and wasn't there an article about ozzie helping mrazek just yesterday or so? how he wants mrazek to be more aggressive? probably that is the reason behind this. mrazek is trying to improve his game with new ideas and it's not yet working well, but that's part of development.

Oh absolutely, he just needs more work with Bedard to get his foundation solid - Howard wasn't the player he is today when he was with GR.

Mrazek has very strong reflexes and is quick at getting square to the shooter, he is too aggressive at times and his rebound control is lacking - but I think rebound control is the one thing all young goalies are bad at.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
You're hoping for a Ferraro shortie one of these kills. That would give some huge momentum.

Gyldenlove

Jun 10, 2013
Tatar looks like the best stickhandler in this series, he creates a ton of space when he has the puck and he does a lot of little things you don't see AHLers do. If he was 3 inches taller he would already be a top 6 forward in the NHL.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I hope the result helps to forget about this game asap. Just stay the course and play another game like this, bounces will come.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Hope all the people that hoped for a game 4 loss really enjoyed this one in person...

Aug 6, 2012
Tough tough loss. Very weird game. Griffins were the better team for the most part. Mrazek HAS to play better as he got schooled by Desjardins tonight. Griffins also couldn't get a bounce to save their lives. If Mrazek plays up to snuff this series is over by now, but hopefully he's learning a lot as with the other kids. Even if the Griffins end up losing this series which I hope to God they don't, its not the end of the world. The kids gain a lot of experience either way. Let's just hope in the positive way.

All of the Crunch's losses have come at home so let's hope that trend continues.

bullocks

Jun 26, 2007
Toronto
Tough tough loss. Very weird game. Griffins were the better team for the most part. Mrazek HAS to play better as he got schooled by Desjardins tonight. Griffins also couldn't get a bounce to save their lives. If Mrazek plays up to snuff this series is over by now, but hopefully he's learning a lot as with the other kids. Even if the Griffins end up losing this series which I hope to God they don't, its not the end of the world. The kids gain a lot of experience either way. Let's just hope in the positive way.

All of the Crunch's losses have come at home so let's hope that trend continues.

Enough with the learning experience stuff. Just win a damn game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad