Prospect Info: Cal Petersen (2013, 129th) – '16-17: Notre Dame #40 (NCAA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Botts just said that he expects Petersen to head to Free Agency as has been anticipated for some time.

Update: Botts "I don't believe he'll be signing with the Buffalo Sabres."

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
If you didn't see this coming when he went back last year after Murray tried to get him out I don't know what to tell you.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Botts just said that he expects Petersen to head to Free Agency as has been anticipated for some time.

Update: Botts "I don't believe he'll be signing with the Buffalo Sabres."

There is quite a stench on this organization...

Are there really better options out there for a goalie who will be 23 at the start of the season?

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
There is quite a stench on this organization...

Are there really better options out there for a goalie who will be 23 at the start of the season?

Maybe he's just determined to play for Chicago and that's that. He could do that by signing with the Hawks or Vegas now that the Wolves are their affiliate.

At this point, it doesn't matter to me what Petersen does. I gave up on him as soon as he declared...if he was going to sign here he would have before stating his intent.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I don't want to deal with college players any more. Botterill is going to learn quick that they'll fall over themselves to sign with Pitt but this ain't Pitt.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
If he ever comes to Buffalo for a game, I hope he accidentally mixes up his hot sauces on his chicken wings, and gives himself some major heartburn.

We should put the word out to every bar and chicken joint...the only wings he's allowed within city limits are the nuclear wasteland variety.

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008
i know this is something that's clearly within the rules, and it's absolutely a player's right to go this route, but it's still a pretty **** move. if you're only now making it publicly known that you're not going to sign when you've had the opportunity to do so for literal years, you're basically just an a-hole

i'm not going to harbor ill-will against him, but i'd smile a little wider if i saw him get shelled in our building one day

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I know it has been argued many times, and there are some valid points to allowing college players to turn UFA. But I still hate it.

I wish they would at least change the rule from letting them turn UFA to instead if they don't choose to sign with the team that drafted them that they would have to then re-enter the draft.

I don't know how realistic that thought it, but at least it would take away some of the incentive for them to not sign with the team that drafted them.

Or Chang the rule to only allow college players to turn UFA if the team that drafted them doesn't want to sign them.

I admit I am sad to lose Peterson. I seen him as our future #1 for years. I figured that took a hit when Murray traded for Robin Lehner, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad