Should I just give up at trying to be normal

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
nico’s goal was ****ing gorgeous, and it looks like blackwood belongs up here. that was a fun one
i do think Blackwood looked a tiny bit shaky and was losing sight of the puck a bit - but it was his first game back and against a rival so understandable

Camille the Eel

They're not scratching Lovejoy to keep his value up and they're not scratching Greene because he's the captain.
I know. I didn’t say they would. I said I wish they’d do it. Get Santini the experience. Start refining tomorrow’s D. But I do not believe either Hynes or Shero has the self honesty or focus on the future necessary to make the necessary choices.

If this were football, a Bill Belichik type coach would be brutally honest enough with himself never to be caught playing an over the hill veteran who couldn’t keep up, or a guy who had no place in the future, when development was the name of the game, whether the guy was captain or not or whether you were trying to move a guy like LJ at the deadline. For guys like him
there’s no room for sentimentality in building a winner. And that’s why they win. And even if we did want to keep playing LJ or Greene, you could rotate them to keep giving Santini the playing time without which he won’t develop.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I know. I didn’t say they would. I said I wish they’d do it. Get Santini the experience. Start refining tomorrow’s D. But I do not believe either Hynes or Shero has the self honesty or focus on the future necessary to make the necessary choices.

If this were football, a Bill Belichik type coach would be brutally honest enough with himself never to be caught playing an over the hill veteran who couldn’t keep up, or a guy who had no place in the future, when development was the name of the game, whether the guy was captain or not or whether you were trying to move a guy like LJ at the deadline. For guys like him
there’s no room for sentimentality in building a winner. And that’s why they win. And even if we did want to keep playing LJ or Greene, you could rotate them to keep giving Santini the playing time without which he won’t develop.

Football is a one week cycle when it comes to bottom of the roster players. No football team should be worried about developing a special teams gunner who will be the sixth wide receiver. Hockey is different in that respect as I see it.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Back from the game.... good overall game, except for maybe the stinker at the end. Blackwood is definitely our goalie to go to for rest of the season, IMO.

The crowd was pretty good, less flyer fans than I anticipated. Lot of good singing going on, didn't remember that from last season....

Severson and Hischier goals looked good from my vantage.

Was totally shocked to see Mueller in today, haha. Have to give Hynes some credit on changing it up finally.

PP unit one (before HYnes changed it up in 3rd period) still atrocious, time to change it. Vats made a nice play to get the puck to Blackwood at some point in the game......

WOOO!

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
thats fair but Bergeron also put up 73 points at 20

I think they will be very comparable players when its all said and done
That was in his D+3 season at 20/21, and 05-06 is one of the highest scoring seasons in decades. He missed a year due to the lockout like everyone else. Hischier is on pace for 63 points right now in his D+2 season at 19/20

Reactions: Hischier and Hughes

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Bergeron is very very good. If Nico becomes Bergeron he's easily the best player from that draft.

Nico needs to improve his face offs as well.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
That last Flyers goal was such a troll job. Vorachek stopped skating and stood up with 6 seconds left, giving the impression that he was just waiting for the game to end. Devils stop skating and all of a sudden he passes to the only guy still playing so he can get a completely irrelevant goal to pad his stats.

Reactions: glenwo2

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Severson is a good player to have. He contributes a lot offensively. He stinks in the dzone and needs a good solid dman to play with him. Problem is we do not have that type of player who is good enough to partner with him.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Glad Mac outplayed Hart and got the win.

He was incredible again, both goals allowed were breakaways due to bad decisions by Devils players.

Some good things today but our hockey sense is bottom barrel bad.

What was Palms and others doing with 5 seconds left? Mind boggling

Sevs hockey sense is on empty too.

But always good to beat the Cryers
1975!

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Severson is a good player to have. He contributes a lot offensively. He stinks in the dzone and needs a good solid dman to play with him. Problem is we do not have that type of player who is good enough to partner with him.

So say Severson is paired with an all star defensive defenseman. The puck is in the left defensive corner and our all star D is in the corner with an opposing forward, leaving Severson to cover the front of the net. In this scenario 50% of the time Severson will be most likely just be watching the puck instead of covering his man/ lifting a stick or boxing out thre front of the net. Basically what I’m saying is that I think we all need to just realize that Severson needs to get better and more consistent at D, rather than thinking if we find a good D partner that his problems will magically go away.

Reactions: I Hate Tie DOMI

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Bergeron is very very good. If Nico becomes Bergeron he's easily the best player from that draft.

Nico needs to improve his face offs as well.
Improve? Nono, he needs to completely relearn them because he is really bad in the circle. Hes a bottom 6 faceoff guy..

Faceoffs are Hischiers worst part of his game by far

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad