C Yegor Sharangovich (2018, 141st, NJD)

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
I couldn't find a thread on this kid. He is an overage prospect born in 1998, and a 6'2, 198 lbs C. He seems to be doing quite well in the KHL this season for Dinamo Minsk as a 19 year old kid. He only trails Tolvanen in U20 scoring in the KHL.

2017-18 Dinamo Minsk KHL474711
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
He also had 3 goals 2 assists for 5 pts in 6 games at the WJC for Belarus.

Yegor Sharangovich

One of the only scouting reports I can find about him is from Steve Kournianos, the Draft Analyst, where in his WJC summary he says in regards to Sharangovich,

"A big, rangy center with very good speed and an excellent shot, Sharangovich logged the most ice time among forwards and played in every conceivable situation, to include the penalty kill. He plays with his head up, and his quick feet, specifically pivoting and edges, are obvious during lengthy cycles."

The Draft Analyst | 2018 WJC Summary and Prospect Review

Big C, very good speed and excellent shot sounds like a good mid-round flyer. I know he is overage, but why is there no chatter on this kid.

Last edited:

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
I couldn't find a thread on this kid. He is an overage prospect born in 1998, and a 6'2, 198 lbs C. He seems to be doing quite well in the KHL this season for Dinamo Minsk as a 19 year old kid. He only trails Tolvanen in U20 scoring in the KHL.
I've just made the highlights video on him, all of his IHWC, WJC and KHL goals.

Reactions: AppsSyl

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015

Great highlights video. Thanks for posting this! I would love for the Leafs to draft this kid.

GeNeXt

Jul 5, 2012

Any chance you can re-upload this? Curious to see some of his body of work. Have only seen a gif of him scoring a shorthanded goal versus Sweden.

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
Any chance you can re-upload this? Curious to see some of his body of work. Have only seen a gif of him scoring a shorthanded goal versus Sweden.

Sorry but KHL banned it. Seems they neither want fans to use their footage to create videos nor want to promote players themself.

But I still have a timing list with links to all his goals scored. Each link starts at the moment of a highligh.

IHWC 2017:
Belarus vs Finland
Belarus vs France

KHL 2017/18:
Dinamo Minsk vs Avangard Omsk
Dinamo Minsk vs Neftekhimik
Dinamo Minsk vs Ak Bars
Dinamo Minsk vs Salavat Yulaev

WJC 2018:
Belarus vs Sweden
Belarus vs Czechia (1)
Belarus vs Czechia (2)

Minsk Cup 2017 (preseason tournament):
Dinamo Minsk vs Yunost Minsk
Dinamo Minsk vs Dinamo Riga

GeNeXt

Jul 5, 2012
Sorry but KHL banned it. Seems they neither want fans to use their footage to create videos nor want to promote players themself.

But I still have a timing list with links to all his goals scored. Each link starts at the moment of a highligh.

Wow! Thank you for this!

Reactions: Pan

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Statistically, his second AHL season was much better than his first. He had 25 points in 57 games. Could he make the NHL eventually after another season or two? The Devils are giving a lot of younger players a chance, so could he be due a chance next season?

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Statistically, his second AHL season was much better than his first. He had 25 points in 57 games. Could he make the NHL eventually after another season or two? The Devils are giving a lot of younger players a chance, so could he be due a chance next season?
Him and Maltsev are two guys who's numbers are actually not indicative of their play. Neither are getting top six ice time nor PP time

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
Felt his thread is worthy of a bump.
Finished his AHL season with 5 goals and 13 points in his last 13 games and now has 10 goals through his first 19 games this year in the KHL. Seems to be playing really well right now just stats wise. Anyone who may be watching more closely, how's the kid looking. A lot of Devils fans think he plays a lot like Blake Coleman.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
It is always hard to tell however this kid has good size and excellent speed, better speed than he had last season. With this new found scoring touch he should slot in as a 3rd liner at the NHL level.

Reactions: KristichBabych

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Made the team this year I believe I read? How has he looked at camp??
I haven't been able to see a ton of camp video but he scored in some kf the scrimmage games. Ruff had him play on the top line in practice today with Hughes and Palmieri I believe. Regardless I think he is going to get a crack at top 6 minutes opening night since Hischier and Bratt will be missing the first few games of this season.

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Made the team this year I believe I read? How has he looked at camp??

He's looked like the best forward in camp. Maybe he took a big step, maybe he was primed for a big camp from coming straight from the KHL, maybe he worked his ass off cause he wanted to make the team. In the most recent practice he was on a line with Hughes and Palmieri which is the first line.

He's getting his shot and apparently will play PK out of the gate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad