C/W Marat Khusnutdinov (2020, 37th, MIN)

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
Sochi will be signing Jeremy Bracco soon as Rendulic's replacement, so with him and Michkov added to the lineup I think Khus will be moved back to center.
What's the deal with Bracco and the mutual termination in Barys? Has it been reported why he was struggling to start the season?

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
And his first of the season... I mean goal.

Marat looks like a good young player hope he stays in the KHL a couple more years at least. I know young players want to play but to come over and play in North America Minor Leagues would not be progress

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
What's the deal with Bracco and the mutual termination in Barys? Has it been reported why he was struggling to start the season?
He just isn't a KHL-level player. Even last year, while his production looked ok largely it was because Barys feed their PP1 unit all the time they humanly can. He was a black hole 5v5 with -19 on a team where actually good players still managed to stay positive (Nikita Mikhailis was +3) which subsequently led to Barys having a historically bad season. When they saw it's more of the same but even worse this year they kicked him. And Sochi is picking him up because beggars can't be choosers.

Reactions: kp61c

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Marat looks like a good young player hope he stays in the KHL a couple more years at least. I know young players want to play but to come over and play in North America Minor Leagues would not be progress.
Well the indications from Wild management are that they expect him over soon, and the main roster is what he would be looking at if he has a good year.

• Wow
Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
All of the Barys team was struggling since the start of the season, there already has been a coaching change made, so I wouldn't single out just Bracco, but he is a foreigner and they are required to perform no matter what (as they get paid accordingly) and he didn't.

Reactions: Unger9

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
All of the Barys team was struggling since the start of the season, there already has been a coaching change made, so I wouldn't single out just Bracco, but he is a foreigner and they are required to perform no matter what (as they get paid accordingly) and he didn't.
Do you think he can make an impact in the Sochi top 6?

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Well the indications from Wild management are that they expect him over soon, and the main roster is what he would be looking at if he has a good year.
BS the Wild always tell youngsters what they want to hear...Marat has to have a couple of back to back seasons of 15-20 goals to put himself in a position of playing in the NHL,otherwise the Wild will send him to Iowa-AHL! Better to stay in the KHL and work his way up...in the NHL he's just a number and be the 12th-13th forward

Reactions: Craig Ludwig

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Our main roster is kind of locked in already.
I mean, Marcus Johansson currently has a top 6 spot into next year next to Boldy and has very similar strengths as Khusnutdinov, and the 1C is a converted 3rd line winger in Hartman, so there's both a need for talent, and opportunities to easily adjust, all dependent on him actually being ready and a contributing player though.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
He just isn't a KHL-level player. Even last year, while his production looked ok largely it was because Barys feed their PP1 unit all the time they humanly can. He was a black hole 5v5 with -19 on a team where actually good players still managed to stay positive (Nikita Mikhailis was +3) which subsequently led to Barys having a historically bad season. When they saw it's more of the same but even worse this year they kicked him. And Sochi is picking him up because beggars can't be choosers.
Hmmm

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I mean, Marcus Johansson currently has a top 6 spot into next year next to Boldy and has very similar strengths as Khusnutdinov, and the 1C is a converted 3rd line winger in Hartman, so there's both a need for talent, and opportunities to easily adjust, all dependent on him actually being ready and a contributing player though.
I just don't really see them putting anybody from our current top 9 on the 4th line next year.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
BS the Wild always tell youngsters what they want to hear...Marat has to have a couple of back to back seasons of 15-20 goals to put himself in a position of playing in the NHL,otherwise the Wild will send him to Iowa-AHL! Better to stay in the KHL and work his way up...in the NHL he's just a number and be the 12th-13th forward
I call BS on your BS. MN, like any team, will play anyone who will help them.

- Faber hasn't seen a minute in the minors.

- Boldy played a total of 24 games in the AHL. Would've have been less, but he was injured and had a rehab stint.

- Rossi made the team out of camp last year, but was ineffective(and that's being kind) and sent down. He was slow, weak, and hesitant, and scored 1 point in 19 gp. To be fair to him, he lost a year of development due to him contracting Covid induced Myocarditis, a potentially deadly heart condition. This year, after a great summer of training, he is up with the team again.

- Sammy Walker looked vg down in the AHL, and was brought for a few games. He looked ok(2 pts 9 gp), but he is a slight, offensively inclined player who is not strong enough for the NHL.

- Nick Petan was the leading scorer down in Iowa, and was brought up for 10 games(3 pts.) He looked small, slow, and very poor defensively. There is a reason that he has not made the NHL as a regular at any of his other stops.

- Daemon Hunt looked decent in the AHL as a 20 yo Dman, but had a series of injuries. Other young D such as ROR and Simon Johansson were having trouble coping with the AHL, nvm the NHL.

Last edited:
Reactions: wetcoast

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I call BS on your BS. MN, like any team, will play anyone who will help them.

- Faber hasn't seen a minute in the minors.

- Boldy played a total of 24 games in the AHL. Would've have been less, but he was injured and had a rehab stint.

- Rossi made the team out of camp last year, but was ineffective(and that's being kind) and sent down. He was slow, weak, and hesitant, and scored 1 point in 19 gp. To be fair to him, he lost a year of development due to him contracting Covid induced Myocarditis, a potentially deadly heart condition. This year, after a great summer of training, he is up with the team again.

- Sammy Walker looked vg down in the AHL, and was brought for a few games. He looked ok(2 pts 9 gp), but he is a slight, offensively inclined player who is not strong enough for the NHL.

- Nick Petan was the leading scorer down in Iowa, and was brought up for 10 games(3 pts.) He looked small, slow, and very poor defensively. There is a reason that he has not made the NHL as a regular at any of his other stops.

- Daemon Hunt looked decent in the AHL as a 20 yo Dman, but had a series of injuries. Other young D such as ROR and Simon Johansson were having trouble coping with the AHL, nvm the NHL.
I'll triple your BS...Marat would be ineffective just like Firstov! Marat needs to play big minutes somewhere other than the Bush League of the AHL which isn't a very good Developmental League for Forwards...D-man and Goaltenders are developed there best Forwards not so much

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
I'll triple your BS...Marat would be ineffective just like Firstov! Marat needs to play big minutes somewhere other than the Bush League of the AHL which isn't a very good Developmental League for Forwards...D-man and Goaltenders are developed there best Forwards not so much
I would love to see the numbers you have on this to make such a bold statement so confidently and a note that seems scientific. I am generally interested to see those bc on my end, I don't have the numbers and wouldn't dare make such a claim.

Also generally curious on what you deem as success as part of the evaluation. Is it games played? Points produced? And how many seasons in the AHL do you consider minimum to consider AHL as the main part of the players development? 1 or 2+?

Reactions: wetcoast

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I would love to see the numbers you have on this to make such a bold statement so confidently and a note that seems scientific. I am generally interested to see those bc on my end, I don't have the numbers and wouldn't dare make such a claim.

Also generally curious on what you deem as success as part of the evaluation. Is it games played? Points produced? And how many seasons in the AHL do you consider minimum to consider AHL as the main part of the players development? 1 or 2+?
Off the top of my head I'd say there are few if any Star Forwards that came up through the AHL-"Farm" System! Coming up and Developing in the A would be minimum 2-3 years! It is a bold statement only because I think the A is a garbage League that doesn't do much in developing Star Forwards...if you want I can come up with some Stats...

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022

All you have to do is Look over every Roster in the NHL to see the AHL had little to no effect on Developing Forwards with any sort of Star ilk,hell they can't even Produce top 6-9 well

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Khusnutdinov is not an NHL level player at the moment, not even close. If he comes over, he plays in AHL, and might struggle there aswell. Depends on the team, coach, linemates

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Not a KHL level import you mean?

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Last year he was racking points playing with Jaskin and Gusev who are probably best wingers in KHL at the moment and btw both completely flopped in NHL

Now, they are both gone, since Roman doesn't like players who are 30+ and Khusnutdinov lost his spot to AHLers Glotov and Vorobyov.

First he needs to start scoring in KHL, and then we shall see.
He is 22 already, 5'9 and just got kicked down to Sochi. It is unrealistic at this point that he ever becomes an NHLer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad